Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Islandsandmirrors

Post Your Voices!

Rate this topic

@ali_fatheroforphans

You sound as calm as you type. Thanks for reviving the thread. I hope others will post their voices. Maybe we can all talk about various hadiths and respond through voice recordings? 

29 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

@ali_fatheroforphans

You sound as calm as you type. Thanks for reviving the thread. I hope others will post their voices. Maybe we can all talk about various hadiths and respond through voice recordings? 

Great idea! I guess we can all talk about any quote/hadith from our Imams (as) that means a lot to us.

It's interesting to hear people talk because you'll better connect with them, and absorb their message.

9 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

It's interesting to hear people talk because you'll better connect with them, and absorb their message.

I learn better visually, my ears are only very tenuously connected to my mind, but many people are much more receptive to audio input than to text and visuals. If it were easier to ensure safety, a voice chat shiachat might help a lot of people. But there's no way to make it safe, and the safety of our dear users is very important to us. 

On 7/27/2018 at 6:41 PM, Carlzone said:

Why? 

I don't mean that you should post it here, but why would your specific voice be less worthy than any one else's?

Be kind to yourself. 

It's not the typical baritone, brother. :) 

12 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Maybe it's very good and you want to keep it safe. Diamonds are meant to be kept safe.

Ha ha ha :hahaha:! Not very good, but it's peculiar. :) 

3 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

It's not the typical baritone, brother. :) 

Ha ha ha :hahaha:! Not very good, but it's peculiar. :) 

And I'm not the typical brother. In fact I'm such an untypical brother that I'm actually a sister :)

Hey, remember that it's our quirks that stand out and make us special.

19 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

And I'm not the typical brother. In fact I'm such an untypical brother that I'm actually a sister :)

People often assume I'm a brother too, because my name and avatar are genderless. 

But the other day I was shopping in a hardware store and an employee called me "sir". I was momentarily baffled, but probably he had said that phrase so many times he didn't even think to say it anymore. 

5 minutes ago, notme said:

People often assume I'm a brother too, because my name and avatar are genderless. 

Yes it issss

would u be willing to change it? Lol

13 minutes ago, notme said:

But the other day I was shopping in a hardware store and an employee called me "sir". I was momentarily baffled, but probably he had said that phrase so many times he didn't even think to say it anymore. 

I promise that I can come up with a conspiracy theory regarding this as well! :)

Personally I believed you were a female because you have a very considerate energy about you, very loving and caring MashaAllah. 

I do understand that some people think I'm a man here because of my username, but also because I have a dominant way of asserting myself which is more typical of males.

I think it's fun to see what people assume when they don't know my gender. It's entertaining and comical. That is why I haven't written my gender in my profile. A little laugh here and there is nice in our ever so serious existence :)

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Lol you better memorize my long name :D so you can tell it's me!

Well, at least your name is easier to remember than "Who bin Whom bint What's-her-name bint He-was-who bin From-where"? Also know as Abu When?

9 hours ago, wolverine said:

What kind of fish? It is so long ago that I can't remember it. 

It was a blue ocean scene, but the center was a large stingray, if I remember correctly. I may have had a snow leopard mother and cubs at some point too, but that might have been in another life, not sure it was notme. 

So, my baby sister was in my room and if I told her I was recording something (OR made it seem as if I was), she'd start screaming. So I had to make do: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0JIh9zWGUQL 

Edited by 110_Fatima

On 7/28/2018 at 8:09 PM, Carlzone said:

Hey, remember that it's our quirks that stand out and make us special.

Aah...due apologies, sister @Carlzone ! Your username led me to believe otherwise. :)

On 12/28/2018 at 7:48 PM, Ali-F said:

Close this thread.

Girls shouldn't post their voices. 

This is not an Islamic ruling. 

On 1/21/2017 at 11:16 AM, guest050817 said:

1. Learn CSS and Java Scipt

2. Create a hybrid code of the two that will enable your voice to be heard without background inteference

3. Buy anti-debasing noise filter-starter kits and build it [cheaper than getting a built one]

4. Connect it all

5. Go on Vocaroo

6. Click record 

Seems simple enough

On 12/29/2018 at 11:48 AM, Ali-F said:

Close this thread.

Girls shouldn't post their voices. 

Who said. Your mind?

Let’s revive this thread by posting a vocaroo on a topic of your choice or just to say hi:

@Gaius I. Caesar, @LeftCoastMom, @Hameedeh@Khadim uz Zahra, @notme @starlight @ireallywannaknow @2Timeless @ali_fatheroforphans @King @HakimPtsid @Carlzone @Heavenly_Silk @Shia farm girl @aaaz1618 @AmirioTheMuzzy 

Plus, the new mod whose name is too long (that I forget how to spell it).

29 minutes ago, Ruqaya101 said:

youre so cute! I don't know what accent that is... American??

Thank you! 

I am an American :D 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

35 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

https://vocaroo.com/I/s0uEo2hLqhQt 

lol I  was literally trying to think of something to say

YALL I SWEAR SHE CHANGED HER ENTIRE VOICE AND HER ACCENT. SHE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE THAT. 

Maryam I’m dying. You sound like a pure Iraqi

6 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Let’s revive this thread by posting a vocaroo on a topic of your choice or just to say hi:

@Gaius I. Caesar, @LeftCoastMom, @Hameedeh@Khadim uz Zahra, @notme @starlight @ireallywannaknow @2Timeless @ali_fatheroforphans @King @HakimPtsid @Carlzone @Heavenly_Silk @Shia farm girl @aaaz1618 @AmirioTheMuzzy 

Plus, the new mod whose name is too long (that I forget how to spell it).

@Don'tMakeA١٠١س