Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Islandsandmirrors

Post Your Voices!

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0MePWsPKUXK

This is what I sound like.

Sorry for sounding uninterested haha.

"Hi. How are you my wood" <---is that what 'you' said?

By the Way, you changed your avatar again. Are you having an identity crisis or something?????

Edited by hasanhh

I just came across this hadith:

"Imam as Sadiq (peace be upon him) has said, "The Messenger of God (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) would say “Salamun 'alaykum” to women and they would reply to his salutation. The Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) would also greet women but he disliked greeting young women for he would say, 'I fear that her voice will be pleasing to me and more than I desired in reward (by giving salutation) will be given to me (in terms of harm, for hearing her pleasing voice)'."

https://www.al-islam.org/perfect-role-model-prophet-islam-himmat-suhrab-pur/respect-towards-women

A question, 

What does this mean? 

If a female posts her voice here and a brother finds some pleasure in her voice will she be held accountable for this? Will he be held accountable for that?

3 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

she be held accountable for this? Will he be held accountable for that?

No , i think Imam Ali (as) wanted to learn them that how they do salutation in public in modest way .

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

. How are you my wood

Thanks for confirming your age. Your definitely old since you have hearing problems to mistaken 'my voice" for 'wood'.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Are you having an identity crisis or something?????

I have an avatar of the same personality bro!

4 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Ok thank you.

Does anyone else know the Islamic rulings on this for sure? 

A woman should not make her voice soft to appeal to men, but there is no issue with a man hearing a woman's natural voice. How could people carry on necessary interactions if they had to constantly worry about speaking? 

I'm sure I've read hadiths about women softening their voices, but I've never seen anything specifically about speaking up in public. Anything not prohibited is permitted. 

5 hours ago, Carlzone said:

I just came across this hadith:

"Imam as Sadiq (peace be upon him) has said, "The Messenger of God (peace and blessings be upon him and his family) would say “Salamun 'alaykum” to women and they would reply to his salutation. The Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) would also greet women but he disliked greeting young women for he would say, 'I fear that her voice will be pleasing to me and more than I desired in reward (by giving salutation) will be given to me (in terms of harm, for hearing her pleasing voice)'."

https://www.al-islam.org/perfect-role-model-prophet-islam-himmat-suhrab-pur/respect-towards-women

A question, 

What does this mean? 

If a female posts her voice here and a brother finds some pleasure in her voice will she be held accountable for this? Will he be held accountable for that?

I assume that you know Ayatollah Hassan Zadeh Amoli. He is a person that got his knowledge from Imam Reza (it's a long story. you can search it online yourself). He knows Mathematics, Physics, etc. along with those religious knowledge like Fiqh and so on. He is now more than 80 years old and very old living in Iran. One time he was preaching in a mosque, and a girl said at the end of his speech:" Recite a Salawat". People wanted to recite Salawat, but Ayatollah Hassan Zadeh Amoli (He got his knowledge from Imam Reza) said:" You are like my own daughter. Nonmahram men are here. They should not hear your voice". Here's the video.

4 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

I assume that you know Ayatollah Hassan Zadeh Amoli. He is a person that got his knowledge from Imam Reza (it's a long story. you can search it online yourself). He knows Mathematics, Physics, etc. along with those religious rulings like Fiqh and so on. He is now more than 80 years old and very old living in Iran. One time he was preaching in a mosque, and a girl said at the end of his speech:" Recite a Salawat". People wanted to recite Salawat, but Ayatollah Hassan Zadeh Amoli (He got his knowledge from Imam Reza) said:" You are like my own daughter. Nonmahram men are here. They should not hear your voice".

Thank you for the information. 

No i don't know him unfortunately. 

Ok, so it seems to be inappropriate but will the girl be held accountable in the akhira if some men found pleasure in her natural voice? (No attempts to softening her voice?)

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I have an avatar of the same personality bro!

l am corrected. A much younger picture probably, or maybe it is the lighting and film.

l had to read your post twice and look thrice --picture, memory, and back- to see it.

4 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Ok, so it seems to be inappropriate but will the girl be held accountable in the akhira if some men found pleasure in her natural voice? (No attempts to softening her voice?)

That would be completely unreasonable. Imagine if I'm in a market and must speak with the vendor to place an order. Should I be held accountable if he finds my voice attractive, or must I remain silent in public and go without my shopping?

Many of the ladies of the Prophet's (as) family spoke eloquently in public, teaching, guiding, speaking out against the evil of their time. I would follow their example, not remain silent out of fear of feeble men. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

That would be completely unreasonable. Imagine if I'm in a market and must speak with the vendor to place an order. Should I be held accountable if he finds my voice attractive, or must I remain silent in public and go without my shopping?

Many of the ladies of the Prophet's (as) family spoke eloquently in public, teaching, guiding, speaking out against the evil of their time. I would follow their example, not remain silent out of fear of feeble men. 

Yes, what you're saying is reasonable and logical. Women must also be able to speak when necessary. 

But what if the girl displays her voice in unnecessary contexts, e.g. just for fun, and men find pleasure in that, will the verdict be different then? 

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Yes, what you're saying is reasonable and logical. Women must also be able to speak when necessary. 

But what if the girl displays her voice in unnecessary contexts, e.g. just for fun, and men find pleasure in that, will the verdict be different then? 

Who cares if a lady posts her voice 

36 minutes ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Do you think a man will honestly get excited if a woman says hello

It doesn't matter what one thinks. What matters are the rulings. If one cares for religion that is. 

I'm not a man so I don't know how they think/react, but according to what i have heard it is far worse than any woman could ever imagine.

2 hours ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Who cares if a lady posts her voice 

Misappropriating Claude Raines as Capitain Louis Renault in the movie Casablanca:

:shock:"l am shocked. Absolutely shocked, that there are ladies in this  ShiaChat establishment."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

SC Police Whistle -->:party:

:hahaha:"The Shaytan made me do this."

l know you sisters know l think better of you all than this wise crack suggests.

Edited by hasanhh

31 minutes ago, Maha_13 said:

I can’t listen to any voices or post mine

If your listening to the old recordings, then yeah you can't because it expired.

You use this site ---> http://vocaroo.com 

Then you press 'or upload' and copy the link.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

10 hours ago, Carlzone said:

It doesn't matter what one thinks. What matters are the rulings. If one cares for religion that is. 

I'm not a man so I don't know how they think/react, but according to what i have heard it is far worse than any woman could ever imagine.

Unless it is prohibited, it is permitted. I know of no hadith prohibiting women speaking in public, even without a serious purpose. 

10 minutes ago, notme said:

Unless it is prohibited, it is permitted. I know of no hadith prohibiting women speaking in public, even without a serious purpose. 

Ok. Does this mean that the girl will not get any minuspoints or a disadvantage on judgement day if some men found pleasure in her voice?

41 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Ok. Does this mean that the girl will not get any minuspoints or a disadvantage on judgement day if some men found pleasure in her voice?

I believe in a Creator who is perfect in justice, and that seems unjust to me. If a man speaks and a woman finds his voice attractive, will he be held accountable? If we are all held accountable for how others react to us, there should be no public interaction at all, for either gender. With a few exceptions, what is allowed for men is allowed for women and vise versa, and all of the differences are rooted in biological differences or the need for family structure. 

20 minutes ago, notme said:

I believe in a Creator who is perfect in justice, and that seems unjust to me. If a man speaks and a woman finds his voice attractive, will he be held accountable? If we are all held accountable for how others react to us, there should be no public interaction at all, for either gender. With a few exceptions, what is allowed for men is allowed for women and vise versa, and all of the differences are rooted in biological differences or the need for family structure. 

God is indeed just. And Rahman and Raheem.

How his exact rulings are on the discussed issue I do not know.