In the Name of God بسم الله

Question I am tired of :@

Rate this topic

Ron_Burgundy

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

I don't mind helping others who want to learn. People that want to ask a question should however see if that question has already been asked and answered in the past instead of making a topic right away though.

I agree with answering a question but i think Shia love talking about Mutah. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, zainabamy said:

'Why do you hate umar he was the greatest thing since God?'

'Why do you hate aisha she was such a nice person?'

who hates them? Hazrat Umar (RA) accepted islam while Rasool (s.a.w.) prayed to Allah to give him one of two umers, and hazrat ayesha (RA) is umul momineen the people who hate her are not momineen.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I am sick of Mutah questions....

Which questions are you tired of answering? 

Honestly, I think at least 75% of the Mutah questions posted by new members are people trolling.

They make their one post on it and then you never see or hear from them again.

5 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

who hates them? Hazrat Umar (RA) accepted islam while Rasool (s.a.w.) prayed to Allah to give him one of two umers, and hazrat ayesha (RA) is umul momineen the people who hate her are not momineen.

I'm just gonna go ahead and "nope" out of this thread immediately

nope.gif

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

If you do your research, they aren't who you think they are.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

well i have started researching as i was always away from religion and more into life but now i'm having alot of research but still have different views with refrences shia books say somethig sunni books say something. And surprisingly both give refrences. Hard to decide what to retain.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

well i have started researching as i was always away from religion and more into life but now i'm having alot of research but still have different views with refrences shia books say somethig sunni books say something. And surprisingly both give refrences. Hard to decide what to retain.

Read the topics in Shia-Sunni forum and you will find many contradictories in the Sunni faith.

• Forum Administrators
14 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I am sick of Mutah questions....

Which questions are you tired of answering? 

Mutah, tatbir, fadak, taqleed, the caliphs, shellfish, overrated speakers, Sunni/Shia issues, random YouTube clips, basically 99% of topics here. 

Edited by magma

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, magma said:

Mutah, tatbir, fadak, taqleed, the caliphs, shellfish, overrated speakers, Sunni/Shia issues, random YouTube clips, basically 99% of topics here. 

Recently. But if you go back to the really old threads, there used to be so many quality threads and debates ....Gone are those days! I wonder if we can merge those threads....

21 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Recently. But if you go back to the really old threads, there used to be so many quality threads and debates ....Gone are those days! I wonder if we can merge those threads....

11 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

I miss those days !!!

Quality discussions and threads...circa 2009

I remember the threads when pro WF and anti WF mods would go head to head, they were golden. mods were the most active members and all topics were new, and there were easily 100 or so *active* members posting all day long. you could barely keep up

• Veteran Member
On 1/18/2017 at 6:12 PM, Moiz Shah said:

You will have to help me out here brother with this timeline

The Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) prayed to Allah to 'give him one of two Umers

Hz Umar converted to Islam in 616 AD.

Islam is supposedly strengthened and muslims can pray openly due to Quaraish fear of Umer

in reality that year saw the start of the social and economic boycott of Bani Hashim for 3 years where they were forced to live in a ravine due to fear of attack.

Hardly the mark of Quaraish fearing a stronger Islam

No sign of Hz Umar, Hz Abu Bakr or Hz Uthman joining them in the ravine.

Puzzling that. Looks like a case of reverse engineered history 

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

You will have to help me out here brother with this timeline

The Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) prayed to Allah to 'give him one of two Umers

Hz Umar converted to Islam in 616 AD.

Islam is supposedly strengthened and muslims can pray openly due to Quaraish fear of Umer

in reality that year saw the start of the social and economic boycott of Bani Hashim for 3 years where they were forced to live in a ravine due to fear of attack.

Hardly the mark of Quaraish fearing a stronger Islam

No sign of Hz Umar, Hz Abu Bakr or Hz Uthman joining them in the ravine.

Puzzling that. Looks like a case of reverse engineered history 

my dear brother, can you provide me a refrence from which you are saying this? Which book?

• Veteran Member
13 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

my dear brother, can you provide me a refrence from which you are saying this? Which book?

Brother I am not a 'professional debator' who seem to keep reams of copy and paste. However I did a quick google search

https://www.al-islam.org/restatement-history-islam-and-muslims-sayyid-ali-ashgar-razwy/economic-and-social-boycott-banu

If you look at the dates of the boycott 616-619

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar

Conversion date 616.

Hope this helps

• Advanced Member
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, Hassan Y said:

so my brother you are tryng to say that Nauzibillah our Rasool (saw) was unknown of what was to happen in the future? If one is a muslim one has a firm belief that the Prophet knew everything that what is goingto happen who'll do what and when. If Umer Farooq (R.A.) was to be what you think why on earth would the Prophet (Saw) give him the news of jannah in his lifetime? By saying this ur doubting our Prophet nauzibilah as he was not aware of umer's real self. I'm sorry i'm knew here and am allowed to do ten comments in a day thats why took long to reply to you my beloved brother.

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

my brother as far as i know the boycott was done by Quraish of Bani hashim and you are right it was done for three years now let me help you understand that the Quraish wanted Bani hashim to hand over Muhammad (saw) to them or to let him go out of their protection. At that time the qabila system was like that one being from bani hashim may he be a muslim or a non muslim was boycotted just because he belonged to bani hashim which Muhammad (saw) also belonged to. So all the people of the bani hashim did the revine may they be muslims or non muslims and did not let go Muhammad (saw) out of the protection and protected him Hazrat Abubakr (RA) and Hazrat Umer (RA) were muslims at that time but they not being the part of bani hashim were not boycotted and didnt join the revin that was just because they werent part of Bani hashim.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

so my brother you are tryng to say that Nauzibillah our Rasool (saw) was unknown of what was to happen in the future? If one is a muslim one has a firm belief that the Prophet knew everything that what is goingto happen who'll do what and when. If Umer Farooq (R.A.) was to be what you think why on earth would the Prophet (Saw) give him the news of jannah in his lifetime? By saying this ur doubting our Prophet nauzibilah as he was not aware of umer's real self. I'm sorry i'm knew here and am allowed to do ten comments in a day thats why took long to reply to you my beloved brother.

Watch the whole video and you will understand what the first three caliphs did.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Hassan Y said:

Watch the whole video and you will understand what the first three caliphs did.

no brother first u have to answer me the qyestion that was Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) nauzibillah unaware of all this? Being a muslim my belief doesnt allow me to think that he didnt knew, so if he knew all this why did He told Abubakr and Umer that they were going to jannah that too in their life time? My dear brother i dont intend to hurt u or offend you in any way but the thing is that they were rightly guided the main problem was of Muawiya from that point all the problem started. Muawiya started the biddah of lanat and things got out of hands. Maula Ali yes indeed deserved to be the successor to Muhammad but the ummah decided and Maula accepted.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Moiz Shah said:

no brother first u have to answer me the qyestion that was Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) nauzibillah unaware of all this? Being a muslim my belief doesnt allow me to think that he didnt knew, so if he knew all this why did He told Abubakr and Umer that they were going to jannah that too in their life time? My dear brother i dont intend to hurt u or offend you in any way but the thing is that they were rightly guided the main problem was of Muawiya from that point all the problem started. Muawiya started the biddah of lanat and things got out of hands. Maula Ali yes indeed deserved to be the successor to Muhammad but the ummah decided and Maula accepted.

Your giving me sunni sources which we do not believe in. The prophet did not tell umar and abubakr that they were going to jannah.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Moiz Shah said:

my brother as far as i know the boycott was done by Quraish of Bani hashim and you are right it was done for three years now let me help you understand that the Quraish wanted Bani hashim to hand over Muhammad (saw) to them or to let him go out of their protection. At that time the qabila system was like that one being from bani hashim may he be a muslim or a non muslim was boycotted just because he belonged to bani hashim which Muhammad (saw) also belonged to. So all the people of the bani hashim did the revine may they be muslims or non muslims and did not let go Muhammad (saw) out of the protection and protected him Hazrat Abubakr (RA) and Hazrat Umer (RA) were muslims at that time but they not being the part of bani hashim were not boycotted and didnt join the revin that was just because they werent part of Bani hashim.

You are right, the boycott was of Banu Hashim. The point I was making was that at the same time as Hz Umar's conversion. Banu Hashim endured the worst hardships and where is the evidence that Hz Umar's conversion alleviated that suffering.

If you look at the description of Hz Umar before conversion it is hardly a paragon of Islamic virtue or chivalry. His description is one of violence rage. Look at how he was going to kill his own sister and brother in law for converting.

Compare this to the descriptions of Hz Ali (as).

Fierce warrior but gentle with orphans and those in need. Forgiving slow to anger. The virtues go on and on.

Non-muslims have remarked it is amazing that one individual should have such strongly cntrasting attributes. A true warrior saint. 

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

Thank you for your insightful comments brother. Can you expand on what you mean by 'deserved'.

i mean that all the things that Muhammad (SAw) said before leaving the world about Ali (AS) meant something. Dont you think Muhammad (SAW) was trying to tell us something? It was destined by Allah that Islam would have fiqas but by doing research you'd get to know what Rasool (SAW) meant.

12 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

You are right, the boycott was of Banu Hashim. The point I was making was that at the same time as Hz Umar's conversion. Banu Hashim endured the worst hardships and where is the evidence that Hz Umar's conversion alleviated that suffering.

If you look at the description of Hz Umar before conversion it is hardly a paragon of Islamic virtue or chivalry. His description is one of violence rage. Look at how he was going to kill his own sister and brother in law for converting.

Compare this to the descriptions of Hz Ali (as).

Fierce warrior but gentle with orphans and those in need. Forgiving slow to anger. The virtues go on and on.

Non-muslims have remarked it is amazing that one individual should have such strongly cntrasting attributes. A true warrior saint. 

my dear brother everyone has a unique personality and everyone have different attributes we dont have a right to compare the two because Allah is the only one. And thething about the bani hashim. Quraish boycotted bani hashim which included muslims and non muslims. They did not boycott muslims, just the people from bani hashim as Umer nd Abu bakar (RA) were not the part of bani hashim thats the only reason they did not become a part of the revine.

i hope this helps.