sefket83

How much effort is required in search of truth?

Rate this topic

I have read the Quran and there says nothing how much effort an non believer should put in search of the right religion. How much time and effort should I put?

Edited by sefket83

I think it does not depend on time sometimes people accept just by reading few verses of the Holy Quran but many times it takes a long time to reach the truth ,So be patient and continue your research till you reach a point where you can differentiate between right and wrong ,If you strive in the way of Allah(s) Inshallah sooner or later you will search the right path as mentioned in the Quran :

But as for those who strive hard in Our cause-We shall most certainly guide them onto paths that lead unto Us  Chapter 29,Verse 69.

2 hours ago, sefket83 said:

I have read the Quran and there says nothing how much effort an non believer should put in search of the right religion. How much time and effort should I put?

It will last as long as you keep your blind prejudice, the moment you put it aside, you can find the truth.

Always remember, Allah tests you personally and individually. He will test you and try your faith only to the point of your understanding of it.. and will not go further beyond his mercy.

The peak of having wisdom is to bear calamities in full awareness of Allah's good outcome. Complete tawakkul and yaqeen. This should be the starting point of your effort of trying to reach the truth. Know that reaching the truth will come with obstacles, but your goal is Allah and thus ultimately good.

If a person really wants to find a truth Allah will show him a right path. 

He brings them out of darkness into light. (Quran 2:257)

The term zulumat (darkness) in this verse is used in plural form. This shows that there are different types of darkness. On the other hand, nur (light) is not plural or it would have been anwar. The reason behind this is that, as it will be explained later, light is only one. There is only one true and real light. However, several types of darkness exist. In order to benefit from the light of sun, there is only one way: to remove any barrier in the way of sun’s light, but there are many ways to make a place dark. One can close his eyes, put a handkerchief on his eyes, put curtains, or do other actions that make him not see the light. Nevertheless, there is only one way to reach the light. Thus in the Quran sirat al-mustaqim (the right path) is one.

Divine religions right now aren't more than 4 religions and if u want to search about their validity u can simply say Islam because it doesn't make sense that God sends new prophet and introduces new religion while previous ones still are valid. Actually if they were valid there wasn't any need to send new prophet and new book.

But the ultimate truth is to become a gnostic so being Muslim is the first step that will save u from eternal punishment

Edited by منتظر

3 hours ago, sefket83 said:

How much time and effort should I put?

Whole lifetime & the maximum work load you can bear to obey His commands. 

Surah An-Najm, Verse 39:

وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلْإِنسَانِ إِلَّا مَا سَعَىٰ

And that man shall have nothing but what he strives for-

(English - Shakir)

Strive today for whatever you want tomorrow for yourself. This limited worldly life is nothing but a test, dont waste any single moment by involving in play & ammusements. Be a true momin, equip yourself with taqwa.

Surah Al-Isra, Verse 19:

وَمَنْ أَرَادَ الْآخِرَةَ وَسَعَىٰ لَهَا سَعْيَهَا وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَٰئِكَ كَانَ سَعْيُهُم مَّشْكُورًا

And whoever desires the hereafter and strives for it as he ought to strive and he is a believer; (as for) these, their striving shall surely be accepted.

(English - Shakir)

8 hours ago, sefket83 said:

I mean what if someone is lazy but wants to know truth and they die before they find it. What would happen? 

Just I think if he or she hasn't harmed anybody he should ask God's mercy although in purgatory he or she isn't in a good condition.

16 hours ago, sefket83 said:

Whatever is necessary. 

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:18 PM, sefket83 said:

I mean what if someone is lazy but wants to know truth and they die before they find it. What would happen?

One of the identity of true Momin is that he is active, never show laziness in the matters related to Haqq.

:) Hypocrites are lazy.