DigitalUmmah

We should try this

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Is there an English translation, I can't read Arabic yet.

From what I can gather bottom line and very briefly, he mentions it is  " Wa'ra " which is synonymous to Taqwa that we need."

We know abu lahab was the prophet's Uncle who is closest to him in blood relations comparing to anyone of us is destined to hell, and Salman Farsi whose family was zoroastrian ( Majoos )and reverted to Christianty then Islam, and was looked down because he was not Arab, was called part of Ahlul bayt by the prophet.

That is why in the day of judgement all of our family ties will break and our real families will be based upon our level of faith and taqwa.

These kind of tests , specially to link your blood line to the prophet, leads to nothing but discord.

It is our inner virtues that make us a family to the prophet not physical blood relations.

I am glad he issued such a statement .

Edited by certainclarity

10 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

From what I can gather bottom line and briefly, he mentions it is  " Wa'ra " which is synonymous to Taqwa that we need."

We know abu lahab was the prophet's Uncle who is closest to him in blood relations comparing to anyone of us is destined to hell, and Salman Farsi whose family was zoroastrian ( Majoos )and reverted to Christianty then Islam, and was looked down because he was not Arab, was called part of Ahlul bayt by the prophet.

That is why in the day of judgement all of our family ties will break and our real families will be based upon our level of faith and taqwa.

These kind of tests , specially to link your blood line to the prophet, leads to nothing but discord.

It is our inner virtues that make us a family to the prophet not physical blood relations.

I am glad he issued such a statement .

He is saying other things about DNA tests and family trees and how this many times cannot be considered proof for "Sayedness" and how many people are claiming Sayyedness without strong proof and this is haram.

I understand the fatwa in Arabic but it would be better if a brother who is a good translator to translate this whole fatwa.

Edited by E.L King

15 minutes ago, E.L King said:

He is saying other things about DNA tests and family trees and how this cannot be considered proof for "Sayedness" and how many people are claiming Sayyedness without strong proof and this is haram.

Yes,I realized. I just went straight to the point of (Wa'ra ) taqwa, as this is the main thing. I did not want to elaborate more from what he said just so I don't misinform.

But thank you for confirming my thoughts, and yout over all view of fatwa, till someone procifient in translation, translates this fully.

This is a very wise statement. Poor Sistani he has to deal with such issues on daily basis from his moqalid that he had to issue a statement once and for all...

With this statement 90% wont be able to claim being a Syed.

It would be a good idea moderators pin this post for his moqalids, so that this way the threads related to syeds might decline.

Though I doubt anyone will pay attention...

Edited by certainclarity

@E.L King

could you find the exact hadith he stated from shia source?

The closest I came was from the sunni source where the prophet sends la'an to those who claim a father other than theirs?

Sunni Muslim:

خَطَبَنَا عَلِيُّ بن أبي طَالِبٍ فقال من زَعَمَ ان عِنْدَنَا شيئا نَقْرَؤُهُ إلا كِتَابَ اللَّهِ وَهَذِهِ الصَّحِيفَةَ قال وَصَحِيفَةٌ مُعَلَّقَةٌ في قِرَابِ سَيْفِهِ فَقَدْ كَذَبَ فيها أَسْنَانُ الْإِبِلِ وَأَشْيَاءُ من الْجِرَاحَاتِ وَفِيهَا قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم الْمَدِينَةُ حَرَمٌ ما بين عَيْرٍ إلى ثَوْرٍ فَمَنْ أَحْدَثَ فيها حَدَثًا وَمَنْ ادَّعَى إلى غَيْرِ أبيه أو انْتَمَى إلى غَيْرِ مَوَالِيهِ فَعَلَيْهِ لَعْنَةُ اللَه وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ لَا يَقْبَلُ الله منه يوم الْقِيَامَةِ صَرْفًا ولا عَدْلًا

As his statement is based on a similar hadith and surah Ahzab:5

Edited by certainclarity

13 minutes ago, starlight said:

I doubt anyone is going to claim to be a syed based on DNA test.

its an interesting concept though, isn't it? imagine if we could determine by a simple DNA test that someone is linked to that family tree. there must be a "sayed gene" since its passed directly father to son

13 minutes ago, starlight said:

I doubt anyone is going to claim to be a syed based on DNA test.

I think he is getting alot of questions firstly based on family tree and then with the modern technology people think they can find a more accurate result probably?

I am pretty sure those who think they are syeds are really not syeds.

2 hours ago, certainclarity said:

Yes,I realized. I just went straight to the point of (Wa'ra ) taqwa, as this is the main thing. I did not want to elaborate more from what he said just so I don't misinform.

But thank you for confirming my thoughts, and yout over all view of fatwa, till someone procifient in translation, translates this fully.

This is a very wise statement. Poor Sistani he has to deal with such issues on daily basis from his moqalid that he had to issue a statement once and for all...

With this statement 90% wont be able to claim being a Syed.

It would be a good idea moderators pin this post for his moqalids, so that this way the threads related to syeds might decline.

Though I doubt anyone will pay attention...

وعن علي بن إبراهيم ، عن محمد بن عيسى ، عن يونس ، عن  كليب الاسدي ، عن أبي عبدالله ( عليه السلام ) أنه وجد في ذؤابة سيف رسول الله ( صلى الله عليه وآله ) صحيفة مكتوب فيها : لعنة الله والملائكة على من أحدث حدثا ، أو آوى محدثا ، ومن ادعى إلى غير أبيه فهو كافر بما أنزل الله ، ومن ادعى إلى غيرمواليه فعليه لعنة الله .

https://alkafeel.net/islamiclibrary/hadith/wasael-29/wasael-29/29002.html

Don't fall into the same trap as Arabs in the Saudi peninsula is all I can say.

They're thoughts, minds, are stuck in this thought of lineage, heritage, and proving themselves and it honestly is disgusting.  As if they weren't already polluted with racism.

DNA is great to learn about migrations, history and connections, and culture exchanges. 

Don't use it as a tool to start caring who is a Sayyid or who is not.  People really need to understand DNA before jumping into it with their own assumptions (along with some logic).

If we all get into this Sayyid debate, then everyone will learn that everyone has differing Haplogroups for their father to son DNA, and then one thing leads to another.... and everyone's accusing the other of their family background being fabricated and other slanderous unnecessary garbage.

The Haplogroup of the Prophet SAW is the same as his quraysh cousins, who were in large part kuffar before and after Islam's advent.  The gene won't help anyone nor will having the knowledge that you are a Sayyid will do anything for your good deeds or your mindset to get you to Jannah.