Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
DigitalUmmah

We should try this

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

has anyone (sayeds, I am looking at you in particular) ever tried anything like this:

https://www.dna-worldwide.com/ancestry-dna-test/complete-ancestry-test-package

I am thinking about buying the package and seeing what I find out. as far as I know I am abbasid hashmi, but that's all word of mouth. Id like to see some sort of proof. be funny if I spent my whole life thinking Im Hashmi but it turns out my ancestors were actually chinese or something lol

how accurate are these things? how do they know how to link your DNA to other family trees? 

does 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

Ws,

I think you can get it cheaper here:

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/dna/

I'm going to do it when I'm earning inshallah. 

InshaAllah soon, youre a teacher right? 

im trying to find a company that specialises in asian/ middle eastern ancestry. no point finding out if one of my ancestors was a viking bruv, my family are immigrants lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

InshaAllah soon, youre a teacher right? 

im trying to find a company that specialises in asian/ middle eastern ancestry. no point finding out if one of my ancestors was a viking bruv, my family are immigrants lol

Yeah start next month inshallah :)

True dat, would be hilarious if you were a Viking. You've got the beard for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

has anyone (sayeds, I am looking at you in particular) ever tried anything like this:

https://www.dna-worldwide.com/ancestry-dna-test/complete-ancestry-test-package

I am thinking about buying the package and seeing what I find out. as far as I know I am abbasid hashmi, but that's all word of mouth. Id like to see some sort of proof. be funny if I spent my whole life thinking Im Hashmi but it turns out my ancestors were actually chinese or something lol

how accurate are these things? how do they know how to link your DNA to other family trees? 

does 

I remember reading originally that the results were inconclusive but then a few months ago in a thread @wmehar2 mentioned to me in a thread that there was a new test (which tested a different strand of DNA, I believe) which was providing better results.

Not sure how far along we've come with the testing to accurately confirm whether one is Syed or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akbar673 said:

I remember reading originally that the results were inconclusive but then a few months ago in a thread @wmehar2 mentioned to me in a thread that there was a new test (which tested a different strand of DNA, I believe) which was providing better results.

Not sure how far along we've come with the testing to accurately confirm whether one is Syed or not.

I can imagine that the DNA will be focused on western europe/ african ancestry and little else. there must be an easy way to isolate the "sayed" gene, we have reliable bloodlines of sayeds on earth right now, surely we could cross reference them to build up an ancestry tree?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

has anyone (sayeds, I am looking at you in particular) ever tried anything like this:

https://www.dna-worldwide.com/ancestry-dna-test/complete-ancestry-test-package

I am thinking about buying the package and seeing what I find out. as far as I know I am abbasid hashmi, but that's all word of mouth. Id like to see some sort of proof. be funny if I spent my whole life thinking Im Hashmi but it turns out my ancestors were actually chinese or something lol

how accurate are these things? how do they know how to link your DNA to other family trees? 

does 

VD3o06b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

has anyone (sayeds, I am looking at you in particular) ever tried anything like this:

https://www.dna-worldwide.com/ancestry-dna-test/complete-ancestry-test-package

I am thinking about buying the package and seeing what I find out. as far as I know I am abbasid hashmi, but that's all word of mouth. Id like to see some sort of proof. be funny if I spent my whole life thinking Im Hashmi but it turns out my ancestors were actually chinese or something lol

how accurate are these things? how do they know how to link your DNA to other family trees? 

does 

You would need a Y, DNA test.  I would recommend getting the y-67  pack from familytree DNA.  if you care about recent heritage ,  then you can order the other tests for autosomal DNA.

 

Y DNA looks into direct paternal lineage , father to son.

They've easily honed in on a haplogroup and subclade for the Quraish/banu Hashim.  since Arabs are crazy about this stuff there have be been  many submissions from their peninunsla.  FTDNA has a comprehensive database as well.

J-859 is the subclade under the paternal haplogroup J1 (for which there are many branches) that's the strongest candidate for the Quraish /Sayyid/Hashim signature.  there's overwhelmong amounts of indicators in the data pointing to this branch.

 

That is not to say that R1 haplogroup (different paternal group known to be in south Asia ,  Europe etc.)  can't be a Quraish tribe member.  It just means that it's not a purely paternal tribe, which it wasn't . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...