Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Lindsay Lohan converts to Islam?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

But why do that of a Sunni's, private sins ? 

Better yet, we need to keep "back biting" to a single definition.

The way I'm interpreting it,  it means to revealing information (I'm including gossiping and spreading rumors ) that may or may not be true that is disparaging of one's character when they're not present.

I didn't say it is good to do that, it is better to refrain from backbiting them, but I am saying it is not "legally problematic" as brother @Ibn al-Hussainsaid and mentioned.

This is the ruling about the other sects and backbiting them:

 

Quote

Q196: Is it permissible to gossip about a deviant (mukhalif) Muslim?

A: It is preferable to refrain from gossiping about him. (MMS, p. 21, Q32)

https://www.al-islam.org/contemporary-legal-rulings-shii-law-ayatullah-ali-al-sistani/b-muamalat#8-slandering-Allah-swt-prophet-s-or-imams

 

 

 

As for the defintion, it means means “speaking ill of a believer in their absence of someone with the purpose of disparaging him, no matter whether the alleged shortcoming was related to his body, lineage, behaviour, deeds, statements, religion, or life, and other defects which are [usually] concealed from the people. Similarly, it does not matter whether the description was done by words or by gesture.”

http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/search/20897/

Edited by E.L King
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, E.L King said:

I didn't say it is good to do that, it is better to refrain from backbiting them, but I am saying it is not "legally problematic" as brother @Ibn al-Hussainsaid and mentioned.

This is the ruling about the other sects and backbiting them:

 

As for the defintion, it means means “speaking ill of a believer in their absence of someone with the purpose of disparaging him, no matter whether the alleged shortcoming was related to his body, lineage, behaviour, deeds, statements, religion, or life, and other defects which are [usually] concealed from the people. Similarly, it does not matter whether the description was done by words or by gesture.”

http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/search/20897/

“Do not concern yourself with things about which you have no knowledge. Verily, your hearing, sight, and heart -- all of them will be called to account" (Quran 17:36).
"Why do not the believing men and women, whenever such [a rumour] is heard, think the best of one another and say, “This is an obvious falsehood”? ... When you take it up with your tongues, uttering with your mouths something of which you have no knowledge, you deem it a light matter. Whereas in the sight of God it is an awful thing!" (Quran 24: 12-15).
"Oh you who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest you harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what you have done (Quran 49:6).

"O you who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others; it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former). Nor let some women laugh at others; it may be that the (latter are better than the (former). Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames. Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed. And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

Oh you who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible), for suspicion in some cases is a sin. And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? No, you would abhor it...But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful"

(Quran 49:11-12).

 

@E.L King  If you assume Sunni's are not Mu'min, then you're violating  Quran 17:36, Qurayn 24:12-15, and 49:6.

You can't label a Sunni, Christian, Jew, Shia'  as not being a Mu'min if you don't know what is in their hearts, if perhaps if they're contemplating reverting to Islam or adjusting their current approach to place a more sincere approach.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that interpretation of what Mu'min/and application of Backbiting is on that basis.

"Oh you who believe" - doesn't distinguish in any context if God is just talking to Shia or Sunni's here because both of those groups consider themselves to be Muslims and follower of the Prophet's teachings in their own way. 

You all believe in following Ahlul Bayt and that they taught you those teachings, you don't KNOW  anything.  The Sunni's believe that what they're doing passed down from Sahaba are the teachings, but again don't KNOW anything.   Faith is called Faith for a reason, we all bear witness that there is one God and Muhammad SAW is his messenger. So NEITHER of ANY Muslims here be they Shia or Sunni or whatever sect they are, along with Christian/Jew and other monotheistic brothers has PROOF of Allah SWT to show everyone except their own personal interpretation of history.

Demonstrating your confidence on facts A B C D E and so forth for how the Shia's got it right is still not convincing enough for the rest of the World, and neither is the Sunni's confidence convincing enough despite how hard they believe in it.

Don't violate those verses of the Qu'ran 17:36, Quran 49:6 by not sparring the Sunni brothers the benefit of the doubt that they're sincere in what they follow.  Don't violate those verses and cease to call your Sunni brothers equals as Muslims/mu'mins on a basis that your unproven fundamentals in Shiism is superior to their unproven fundamentals in Sunnism, to the extent they cease being mu'mins.

If you want to call Sunni's liars, and start a they this and this and that first, I don't wanna hear it.  Not every Sunni is made equal and not every Sunni is a Sunni, and using such terminology confuses others who assume you mean the entire "sunni" named peoples.  Sunnism in of itself is poorly defined and many believers of the Mahdi according to Twelver thought and in the wilayah of the Imams actually call themselves Sunni.

I am behind @Gaius I. Caesar point that we're dangerously close to dangerous thinking with regard to how the Jews thought of their Rabbis (9:31).

Edited by wmehar2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators

"...Allah has conferred a favor upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if you are truthful." [Holy Qur'an 49:17]

InShaAllah Lindsay Lohan sees the truth in Islam. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
“Do not concern yourself with things about which you have no knowledge. Verily, your hearing, sight, and heart -- all of them will be called to account" (Quran 17:36).

That has nothing to do with backbiting. Backbiting is exposing one's flaws, therefore you know about those flaws (you have knowledge of it). If you're saying someone did 'x' or is 'x' when they didn't/aren't that's not backbiting, that's lying and/or slander. And that's different from backbiting and that's haram against anyone from any religion/sect. 

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
"Why do not the believing men and women, whenever such [a rumour] is heard, ]think the best of one another and say, “This is an obvious falsehood”? ... When you take it up with your tongues, uttering with your mouths something of which you have no knowledge, you deem it a light matter. Whereas in the sight of God it is an awful thing!" (Quran 24: 12-15).

1) The first bolded part - as you see - Allah is speaking to the believing men and woman. He didn't bring up the non-believers and the kafirs. And still it has little to do with our topic, because our topic is about the permissibility of a man engaging in backbiting, not about others believing in backbiting.

And this takes us to

2) "something of which you have no knowledge of" but backbiting is when you DO have knowledge of someone's flaws. When you do not having knowledge, that is lying or slander, as I mentioned at the start.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
"Oh you who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest you harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what you have done (Quran 49:6).

1- In this case it is not a fasiq (wicked person, as translated) but a Mu'min coming to you with news.

2 - Again, the topic is about backbiting, not believing in it. You can choose to disbelieve in the news about backbiting, that's your choice. But that has nothing to do with the permissibility of backbiting.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
"O you who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others; it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former). Nor let some women laugh at others; it may be that the (latter are better than the (former). Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames. Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed. And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

Oh you who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible), for suspicion in some cases is a sin. And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? No, you would abhor it...But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful"

(Quran 49:11-12)

Both Verses concern believers among themselves. So using this as proof regarding kafirs or non-mu'mins is futile.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
 

@E.L King  If you assume Sunni's are not Mu'min, then you're violating  Quran 17:36, Qurayn 24:12-15, and 49:6.

I don't assume, I know. And please tell me what do those Verses have to do with proving Sunnis are Mu'min?

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
You can't label a Sunni, Christian, Jew, Shia'  as not being a Mu'min if you don't know what is in their hearts, if perhaps if they're contemplating reverting to Islam or adjusting their current approach to place a more sincere approach.

In the Shari'a we judge someone by what they say they are, or how they act. If I see someone praying to a Buddha statue, it is fair for me to assume he is a kafir and a mushrik without having to know what is in his heart, therefore I apply the rules of najasa and tahara to him.

If he is a Shi'i at heart and I do not know I will not be held accountable for this.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
I wholeheartedly disagree with that interpretation of what Mu'min/and application of Backbiting is on that basis.

"Oh you who believe" - doesn't distinguish in any context if God is just talking to Shia or Sunni's here because both of those groups consider themselves to be Muslims and follower of the Prophet's teachings in their own way. 

 Well it does distinguish that it is talking to Mu'mins (believers), and we know who the Mu'mins are. And like I said, Sunnis are not Mu'min as they do not believe in the tenets of Iman, to which Wilayah is one of them.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
 You all believe in following Ahlul Bayt and that they taught you those teachings, you don't KNOW  anything.  The Sunni's believe that what they're doing passed down from Sahaba are the teachings, but again don't KNOW anything.   Faith is called Faith for a reason, we all bear witness that there is one God and Muhammad SAW is his messenger. So NEITHER of ANY Muslims here be they Shia or Sunni or whatever sect they are, along with Christian/Jew and other monotheistic brothers has PROOF of Allah SWT to show everyone except their own personal interpretation of history.

And that's what you call religious pluralism, we all have our different aqeeda and ways and insha Allah they take us to Jannah. Wrong. There is One correct Religion and One correct Sect.

I really don't care if Sunnis, Christians and Jews think they're right, it really doesn't mean anything to me. We will know who is correct in the Afterlife - and I know I am correct :) absolutely no doubt in my heart.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
Demonstrating your confidence on facts A B C D E and so forth for how the Shia's got it right is still not convincing enough for the rest of the World, and neither is the Sunni's confidence convincing enough despite how hard they believe in it.

I am not here to convince the world, it's their fault if they don't believe and we will see the truth on the Day of Judgement.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
Don't violate those verses of the Qu'ran 17:36, Quran 49:6 by not sparring the Sunni brothers the benefit of the doubt that they're sincere in what they follow.  Don't violate those verses and cease to call your Sunni brothers equals as Muslims/mu'mins on a basis that your unproven fundamentals in Shiism is superior to their unproven fundamentals in Sunnism, to the extent they cease being mu'mins.

Those Verses are not violated in any way.

They're not my equals, only one people are right. There's no two right people with different beliefs. My fundamentals are proven, and they reject it - so that's their issue.

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:
If you want to call Sunni's liars, and start a they this and this and that first, I don't wanna hear it.  Not every Sunni is made equal and not every Sunni is a Sunni, and using such terminology confuses others who assume you mean the entire "sunni" named peoples.  Sunnism in of itself is poorly defined and many believers of the Mahdi according to Twelver thought and in the wilayah of the Imams actually call themselves Sunni.

I never said anything about them being liars. All Sunnism, no matter how it is defined, is false, as only Twelver Shi'ism is correct. And it is the saved sect, out of the 73 sects, as promised in the Hadith.

And you can't believe in the Wilayah and be a Sunni, believing in the Wilayah makes you a Shi'i and ceases you being a Sunni.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, E.L King said:

I never said anything about them being liars. All Sunnism, no matter how it is defined, is false, as only Twelver Shi'ism is correct. And it is the saved sect, out of the 73 sects, as promised in the Hadith.

You couldn't prove it to me, or anyone else but your brothers in Shia'ism.  Try proving it to the other sects of that aren't Twelever Shia'sm if you're so confident. 

It won't be me who answers to Allah SWT when he asks me how I treated and practiced Islam, that I told him I followed something that which I had no knowledge of and assumed it to be true.  (Qu'ran 17:36)  You can't tell me all Shia' Marjae in their differing opinion on major topics along with the Sunni's isn't problematic in your idea  that only one sect is right, when the sects themselves are differing.  So tell me which Marjae is going to be the one who leads all the REAL Shia brothers to Jannah?

When God asks me what have I followed, I'll tell him I followed to the best of my ability By His Qu'ran and treated all those who claimed to be Muslim with the dignity all humans are entitled to, because I do not have the Knowledge of the unseen to know what events took place.  I just know my religion means Peace and God's directives are for us to have it by engaging our moral/ethical attributes to improve.

Believe it or not, one major way of perpetuating peace is by not making others feel inferior or condescended upon - by asserting a truth you claim is real when it's not evident enough.   It's called perception and every human being has their own (The confidence you exude in 12er Shiasm, the confidence Sunni's have in their Sahaba, so on and so forth etc.), and it's upon Muslims of Islam to break beyond it.  

I think Allah SWT would be more pleased to see the differing sects believing what they believe but not treating others different than they would a brother.  Because that's what a brother in Islam does.

Anyway I digress, back to topic.

@TimeforM and @E.L King  you said its only backbiting if Lindsey Lohan is a Shii' which you have no knowledge of (17:36) &  (42:12-15).

"backbiting" was done first.   It must have been a public sin to convert to Islam, but just not knowing the proper sect - if we had clarification on her sect then we can justify it?  Right?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

You couldn't prove it to me, or anyone else but your brothers in Shia'ism.  Try proving it to the other sects of that aren't Twelever Shia'sm if you're so confident. 

Well perhaps I can't prove the existence of God to an Atheist, that doesn't mean I'm not confident Allah exists, or that it isn't true.

12 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

It won't be me who answers to Allah SWT when he asks me how I treated and practiced Islam, that I told him I followed something that which I had no knowledge of and assumed it to be true.  (Qu'ran 17:36)  You can't tell me all Shia' Marjae in their differing opinion on major topics along with the Sunni's isn't problematic in your idea  that only one sect is right, when the sects themselves are differing.  So tell me which Marjae is going to be the one who leads all the REAL Shia brothers to Jannah?

Once again, that Verse is being used in the wrong place, as I demonstrated earlier in my previous post.

Our scholars do not disagree on the usul, they disagree on the furu. Disagreement on Fiqh issues is not something which takes you to Hell, so I don't know what your point was here.

15 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

When God asks me what have I followed, I'll tell him I followed to the best of my ability By His Qu'ran and treated all those who claimed to be Muslim with the dignity all humans are entitled to, because I do not have the Knowledge of the unseen to know what events took place.  I just know my religion means Peace and God's directives are for us to have it by engaging our moral/ethical attributes to improve.

You don't need the knowledge of the unseen to know what took place, you just need to research in Islamic Texts and insha Allah you will find that the truthful sect is that which believes in the Wilaya of the Ahlulbayt (AS) and not that of their enemies.

17 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Believe it or not, one major way of perpetuating peace is by not making others feel inferior or condescended upon - by asserting a truth you claim is real when it's not evident enough.   It's called perception and every human being has their own (The confidence you exude in 12er Shiasm, the confidence Sunni's have in their Sahaba, so on and so forth etc.), and it's upon Muslims of Islam to break beyond it.  

I do not believe everyone is equal, the Mu'min and the transgressor are not equal, the people of Jannah are not the same as the people of the Fire, those who know are not the same as those who don't.

What you call confidence, I call yaqeen.

21 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Anyway I digress, back to topic.

@TimeforM and @E.L King  you said its only backbiting if Lindsey Lohan is a Shii' which you have no knowledge of (17:36) &  (42:12-15).

"backbiting" was done first.   It must have been a public sin to convert to Islam, but just not knowing the proper sect - if we had clarification on her sect then we can justify it?  Right?  

Yes I have knowledge that backbiting is only haram against the Twelver Shi'a.

But yes not knowing her sect and backbiting her is problematic, that is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, E.L King said:

I do not believe everyone is equal, the Mu'min and the transgressor are not equal, the people of Jannah are not the same as the people of the Fire, those who know are not the same as those who don't.

Yes I have knowledge that backbiting is only haram against the Twelver Shi'a.

But yes not knowing her sect and backbiting her is problematic, that is correct.

The people of the Quryash and under Jahillya were people of the Fire before the message came and then became believers.

The Prophet SAW took abuse, and responded and maintained his Honesty, Humility, Mercy towards those who shown him unkindness/cruelty and they were rectified.

This Lindsey Lohan example, is the perfect example of how one action can domino out/ripple out and cause more damage than intended, a damage that can't easily be forgiven or rectified. 

How many Kufr, people of the book, agnostic and so forth converted to Sunnism then Shiasm?  How many Born Sunni's converted to Shiasm?

People have always been equal, up until they die, and that's when NOT you, NOT me, but Allah SWT makes the judgment upon who is the Mu'min, who is the transgressor, who is the forgiven, and who is not.

Edited by wmehar2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wmehar2 said:

The people of the Quryash and under Jahillya were people of the Fire before the message came and then became believers.

Yep, and the Message is here right now, and those who reject it are going to the Fire.

2 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

The Prophet SAW took abuse, and responded and maintained his Honesty, Humility, Mercy towards those who shown him unkindness/cruelty and they were rectified.

Depended on the context. There was once where he ordered someone who blasphemed him to be put to death, and that is a sahih Hadith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Just now, E.L King said:

Yep, and the Message is here right now, and those who reject it are going to the Fire.

Depended on the context. There was once where he ordered someone who blasphemed him to be put to death, and that is a sahih Hadith.

The message is "here" but look at all the sects who have varying takes and "evidences", do you think it's a simple task for the layman non muslim to be obligated to take the Message and accept or else face Hellfire?  Why should non-understanding non muslims be able to accept the context, background of the Message if no one's giving it to them to understand?

So one time there was someone who blasphemed and he had to die, guess that means we can't always be forgiving nice guys, to try and appeal to the non-believers.

Why would a non-muslim be convinced of being muslim if the Shia, Sunni's don't necessarily treat everyone with respect and implement a superiority complex like the Jews do?  You wanna be like those guys?

You forget that those who changed their ways from Jahil/Paganism to Islam in the Prophet's time was because of the Prophe'ts SAW character.  Without his honesty, kindness, discipline, self-awareness and empathy, Islam would be in a garbage can.

Instead of emulating those characteristics and perpetuating, them you think its better to discard them and throw them out?  Last I checked many converts converted because of observing the quality of a muslims life and how they treat others, including non muslims.  And wish to manifest those attributes in themselves because they recognize it as a truth/path to Heaven.

Getting into Heaven requires being good, moral, just, honest, and kind - not just following rituals which you and I both know and don't really need to mention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, E.L King said:

I do not believe everyone is equal, the Mu'min and the transgressor are not equal, the people of Jannah are not the same as the people of the Fire, those who know are not the same as those who don't.

Not equal are the good deed and the bad deed. Repel evil by that which is better, and then the one who is hostile to you will become as a devoted friend. But none is granted it except those who are patient and none is granted it except one having a great fortune.

Surah Fussilat 41:34-35

Those who are patient, seeking the countenance of their Lord, and establish prayer and spend from what We have provided for them, secretly and publicly, and repel evil with good, for those will have the good end.

Surat ar-Ra’d 13:22

Those will be given their reward twice for what they patiently endured and they repel evil with good, and they spend from what We have provided them.

Surat al-Qasas 28:54

Repel evil with what is better. We are most knowing of what they describe.

Surat al-Mu’minun 23:96

 

Keep on the backbiting of whoever you think is okay to do it to, Shia' or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

The message is "here" but look at all the sects who have varying takes and "evidences", do you think it's a simple task for the layman non muslim to be obligated to take the Message and accept or else face Hellfire?  Why should non-understanding non muslims be able to accept the context, background of the Message if no one's giving it to them to understand?

Someone who is searching for the truth but dies whilst searching for it - I cannot say that person is going to Hellfire. His fate cannot be confirmed with confidence.

7 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

So one time there was someone who blasphemed and he had to die, guess that means we can't always be forgiving nice guys, to try and appeal to the non-believers.

Yep, and the fact that the Imams (AS) who came after the Prophet (S) told us the penalty for blasphemy is death. In fact it is implemented in many countries, including Iran, today.

I am not here to appeal to non-believers.

11 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Why would a non-muslim be convinced of being muslim if the Shia, Sunni's don't necessarily treat everyone with respect and implement a superiority complex like the Jews do?  You wanna be like those guys?

I'm not here to convince non-Muslims and Sunnis. And yes, the Mu'mins are superior to the kuffar, that is absolutely clear.

Not equal are the companions of the Fire and the companions of Paradise. The companions of Paradise, they are the triumphant. [59:20]

Then is one who was a believer like one who was defiantly disobedient? They are not equal. [32:18]

16 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

You forget that those who changed their ways from Jahil/Paganism to Islam in the Prophet's time was because of the Prophe'ts SAW character.  Without his honesty, kindness, discipline, self-awareness and empathy, Islam would be in a garbage can.

Instead of emulating those characteristics and perpetuating, them you think its better to discard them and throw them out?  Last I checked many converts converted because of observing the quality of a muslims life and how they treat others, including non muslims.  And wish to manifest those attributes in themselves because they recognize it as a truth/path to Heaven.

Okay, what does that have to do with backbiting?

13 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Not equal are the good deed and the bad deed. Repel evil by that which is better, and then the one who is hostile to you will become as a devoted friend. But none is granted it except those who are patient and none is granted it except one having a great fortune.

Surah Fussilat 41:34-35

Those who are patient, seeking the countenance of their Lord, and establish prayer and spend from what We have provided for them, secretly and publicly, and repel evil with good, for those will have the good end.

Surat ar-Ra’d 13:22

Those will be given their reward twice for what they patiently endured and they repel evil with good, and they spend from what We have provided them.

Surat al-Qasas 28:54

Repel evil with what is better. We are most knowing of what they describe.

Surat al-Mu’minun 23:96

 

Keep on the backbiting of whoever you think is okay to do it to, Shia' or not.

And what does that have to do about the legal rulings regarding backbiting in the Shari'a? I think you seem to mix a lot of topics at once instead of fixing on one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, E.L King said:

And what does that have to do about the legal rulings regarding backbiting in the Shari'a? I think you seem to mix a lot of topics at once instead of fixing on one.

And I'm saying fixing on one topic is what is wrong.  A holistic approach encompassing the breadth of the message to maintain consistency and not lose sight of what's really important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Someone who is searching for the truth but dies whilst searching for it - I cannot say that person is going to Hellfire. His fate cannot be confirmed with confidence.

Not equal are the companions of the Fire and the companions of Paradise. The companions of Paradise, they are the triumphant. [59:20]

A person has until their last breath to search for truth and you're right, you cannot determine it with confidence, not that it's your place to begin with.

They aren't a companion of the Fire until after their Last breath, or rather the determination if they are a companion of the Fire or Paradise, isn't until after the last breath.

Edited by wmehar2
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Look people, halal or haram, there's no reason to backbite anyone except to protect another person. All future off topic posts will be removed. 

The topic is some random famous person's possible conversion to Islam. Is there anything else to say on that matter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, notme said:

Look people, halal or haram, there's no reason to backbite anyone except to protect another person. All future off topic posts will be removed. 

The topic is some random famous person's possible conversion to Islam. Is there anything else to say on that matter?

skip to 1:30 - and make the determination for yourselves.  She said it's "her belief"  I'm convinced she is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, notme said:

The topic is some random famous person's possible conversion to Islam. Is there anything else to say on that matter?

:salam: sister I agree, I won't comment on this thread anymore because I feel the thread has been derailed.

@wmehar2 you are welcome to discuss this with me on private messenger if you want. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Me too, I wonder what will happen next?

Hopefully she will be able to withdraw from "stardom" and live a normal and fulfilling life, inshaAllah. 

My cynical side is assuming she has an Arab prince boyfriend who will only continue seeing her if she converts, but hopefully for her it isn't that, it's real conviction. 

Honestly, I don't care about TV or movie stars, but I do care about people. My wish for her is the same as for any recent convert. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
11 minutes ago, notme said:

Hopefully she will be able to withdraw from "stardom" and live a normal and fulfilling life, inshaAllah

Seems to me that she is just doing exactly that.

 

12 minutes ago, notme said:

My cynical side is assuming she has an Arab prince boyfriend who will only continue seeing her if she converts, but hopefully for her it isn't that, it's real conviction. 

I see what you mean but all we really know about the guy is he's from Saudi Arabia. He could just be a normal guy and not a royal. Something tells me that she is sincere and she really reminds me of myself when I converted.

 

18 minutes ago, notme said:

Honestly, I don't care about TV or movie stars, but I do care about people. My wish for her is the same as for any recent convert. 

Same here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

م إن الظاهر اختصاص الحرمة بغيبة المؤمن فيجوز اغتياب المخالف إلا أن تقتضي التقية أو غيرها لزوم الكف عنها،

Sayyed Al-Khomeini:

And what is apparent is the exclusivity of the impermissibility of backbiting on the Mu'min only, therefore it is permissible to backbite the mukhalif except if it contradicts taqiyya, or other than that which obligates abstaining (from that).

Al-Makasib Al-Muharramah

@Hassan Y

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/487_المكاسب-المحرمة-السيد-الخميني-ج-١/الصفحة_249#top

Edited by E.L King
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, E.L King said:

م إن الظاهر اختصاص الحرمة بغيبة المؤمن فيجوز اغتياب المخالف إلا أن تقتضي التقية أو غيرها لزوم الكف عنها،

Sayyed Al-Khomeini:

And what is apparent is the exclusivity of the impermissibility of backbiting on the Mu'min only, therefore it is permissible to backbite the mukhalif except if it contradicts taqiyya, or other than that which obligates abstaining (from that).

Al-Makasib Al-Muharramah

@Hassan Y

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/487_المكاسب-المحرمة-السيد-الخميني-ج-١/الصفحة_249#top

So he's saying it's only impermissible to mu'mins only? Wouldn't that contradict what I showed above?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
Just now, E.L King said:

I was providing with Sayyed Al-Khomeini's (the one who passed away) ruling, while I believe you were providing Sayyed Al-Khamenei's ruling 

Oh for some reason I thought it said Sayed Khamenei. Never mind lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

The real question is, will Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) give punishment to those who followed one ruling over the other, to which He prefers ?  or would He over look it because how can the common people know better ? 

Or will He still punish because of (9:31)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
5 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

The real question is, will Allah SWT give punishment to those who followed one ruling over the other, to which He prefers ?  or would He over look it because how can the common people know better ? 

Or will He still punish because of (9:31)?

 

 

I don't know, Waseem, I am of the thought that He will punish some because of 9:31. That being said He gave us scholars so that we may be guided in terms of Quran, hadith and fiqh. In the end, our scholars, wise as they are, are still fallible human beings unlike the Imams (as) and Prophets (as)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, magma said:

So backbiting others is perfectly ok? So you can do it with a clean conscious? 

Ya Allah, there are some misguided and frankly foolish people here.  Isn't the beauty of the deen that we live a certain way in general and it is applicable to our relations with all people, not preferential treatment for our own tribe like Bani Israel does.

I was just honestly shocked at the foolishness of thinking it's ok to backbite a non Shi'i.  People need to get educated.  I wish the block feature even blocked their quoted posts.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, wmehar2 said:

Theres a video discussing discrimination towards her for wearing the Hijab she is Muslim it seems.

@E.L King 

Backbiting is Haram no matter who you do it to.  If you don't understand the moral reasons, then at least understand the logistical ones. 

Each and every single one of the muslims, no matter Shia or Sunni, represent the Muslim nation as a whole.  Non muslims, kufrs, and other varying believers of sorts judge us and don't differentiate between the two at all.

You repel evil with kindness as instructed by Allah SWT the Qur'an and you don't backbite people and risk tarnishing the religion of Allah SWT. 

You forget that many converts to Islam, come through observing Aklhaq of brothers and sisters, which don't consist of backbiting others.  How else would you witness and make for Da'3awah , and improve other non muslims lives by showing and living the example of the religion of God, Islam?

Unless you never actually cared about them, then I would expect some words as you've just described.  I do encourage you to rethink "backbiting non-Shii'" being an acceptable view, because it is most certainly  not.

Salaam alaikum, brother.  This!  1000x this!!!

I will say that if my first encounters with Islam or Muslims were with some of the people on this site (who thankfully land on my ignore list immediately), I would still be Christian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
On 2/21/2017 at 0:48 PM, starlight said:

Lindsay Lohan says she was "racially profiled" at London's Heathrow Airport after flying in from Turkey because she was wearing a headscarf.

https://time.com/4676698/lindsay-lohan-airport-headscarf/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

What, how does wearing a hijab change one's race? When I converted to Islam, I didn't stop being a white guy, did I?

She was discriminated and just plain unfairly profiled, I don't understand reporters these days.

@reisiger I agree with you a hundred percent, some people here should not teach Islam if they make foolish remarks like it being okay to backbite anyone, let alone their own brothers for not accepting the Imamate. If I had seen this garbage when I was exploring Islam, I would have been convinced that I was wasting my time with Islam and looked for God elsewhere.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators

'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' In other words, “Treat others how you want to be treated.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 years later...
  • Forum Administrators

Lindsay Lohan has been living in Dubai for a few years. She knows a lot of Muslims. She definitely has belief in good Islamic behavior. Wishing her the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...