Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
HumanForLife

Alif Lam Mim

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, TimeforM said:

Its clear and easy to understand when there is an Imam or a Prophet to explain stuff. 

why you adding words where it's not , the aya clearly say that quran is clear for understanding for those who read it , their is no mention for imam , also prophet Mohammed is the last prophet so how can it be clear only to prophets when their no more prophets to come ?

2 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

Allah says the quran is clear and easy to understand, doesn't this verse prove it isn't.

I'm confused.

These are the huroof-e-muqatta'aat, this is our understanding. These huroof serves as key to those who possess divine knowledge. 

So what is causing difficulty for you here? Do you want to have divine knowledge? Or want to become the chosen one? 

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 17:

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

And certainly We have made the Quran easy for remembrance, but is there anyone who will mind?

(English - Shakir)

Edited by Engineer73

36 minutes ago, HumanForLife said:

I guess there's no answer to the question.

The very next verse after Alif Laam Meem proves you wrong. Quran is clear & easy to understand, if you think "for all", you're wrong. 

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 2:

ذَٰلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ

This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil).

(English - Shakir)

What is Quran for Muttaqeen & Kafireen? These verses describes:

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 48:

وَإِنَّهُ لَتَذْكِرَةٌ لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ

And most surely it is a reminder for those who guard (against evil).

(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Haaqqa, Verse 50:

وَإِنَّهُ لَحَسْرَةٌ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ

And most surely it is a great grief to the unbelievers.

(English - Shakir)

Clear and Easy to Understand

The Quran reveals that it is "consistent", "repeats its teachings", internally self-defined(modern idiom)

Where any of us can get into confusion is when we are not paying attention, or trying to find meanings or justifications that are not there.

Please to call this person dumb its not nice and yes the Quran is clear but shows different meaning and understandings when we advance our mind and soul at the moment we are like children reading on the surface but inshallah if you keep reading and trying your best to get closer to Allah almighty then your mind will take in more and more unknown things we wouldn't give something valuable for a child to play with so would Allah almighty give some of his holy treasures to us kids.

21 minutes ago, Ali Ruh said:

Please to call this person dumb its not nice and yes the Quran is clear but shows different meaning and understandings when we advance our mind and soul at the moment we are like children reading on the surface but inshallah if you keep reading and trying your best to get closer to Allah almighty then your mind will take in more and more unknown things we wouldn't give something valuable for a child to play with so would Allah almighty give some of his holy treasures to us kids.

He is dumb because he thinks when other people answer on a post that they actually add their words to Allah's words. Dumb dumb dumb.

1 minute ago, Ali Ruh said:

And if he was a test from Allah almighty then my friend we've both failed.

I haven't. I have answered properly while he is unable to distinguish Allah's words from someone else's words.

I don't know about you but I don't think I have a right to even say I myself follow Allah almightys holy words myself inshallah Allah gives us sweetness Rasulallah (saw) nearly got stoned to death in taif and Allah almighty gave the order for him to crush them between two mountains he beloved of Allah said no and showed mercy we can't even a handle a small rub when it affects our ego we my brother are sick with our egos we need to train ourselves.

Edited by Ali Ruh

1 minute ago, Ali Ruh said:

I don't know about you but I don't think I have a right to even say I myself follow Allah almightys holy words myself inshallah Allah gives us sweetness Rasulallah (saw) nearly got stoned to death in taif and Allah almighty gave the order for him to crush them between two mountains he beloved Allah said no and showed mercy we can't even a handle a small rub when it affects our ego we my brother are sick with our egos we need to train ourselves.

Nice topic derailment. 

Who said The Quran is easy to understand? One needs to read It from beginning to end in order to start understanding it- I repeat, to "start understanding it"!

3:7. He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental ; they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.

In the above verse it is clearly said which verses we should try to understand and which not.

There's actually nothing to be confused of. Please also check out these verses to help yourself find out who can understand those verses that we are permitted to find meanings:

16:89. And the day We shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from amongst them, and We shall bring thee as a witness against those. And We have sent down on thee the Book making clear everything, and as a guidance and a mercy, and as good tidings to those who surrender.

41:44. Had We sent this as a Qur'an other than Arabic, they would have said: "Why are not its verses explained in detail? What! not in Arabic and (a Messenger an Arab?" Say: "It is a Guide and a Healing to those who believe; and for those who believe not, there is a deafness in their ears, and it is blindness in their : They are being called from a place far distant!"

2:269. He granteth wisdom to whom He pleaseth; and he to whom wisdom is granted receiveth indeed a benefit overflowing; but none will grasp the Message but men of understanding.

4:82. What, do they not ponder the Koran? If it had been from other than God surely they would have found in it much inconsistency.

And lastly is the importance of being humble enough to be able to go to someone who understands It's verses: 

21:7. Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: If ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, HumanForLife said:

Allah says the quran is clear and easy to understand, doesn't this verse prove it isn't.

I'm confused.

You may forget the verse in Quran also about some parts of it being vague:

Allah SWT says:

هُوَ الَّذِىٓ أَنْزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتٰبَ مِنْهُ ءَايٰتٌ مُّحْكَمٰتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتٰبِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشٰبِهٰتٌ  ۖ  فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِى قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشٰبَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَآءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَآءَ تَأْوِيلِهِۦ  ۗ  وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُۥٓ إِلَّا اللَّهُ  ۗ  وَالرّٰسِخُونَ فِى الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ ءَامَنَّا بِهِۦ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِنْدِ رَبِّنَا  ۗ  وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّآ أُولُوا الْأَلْبٰبِ
"It is He who has sent down to you, the Book; in it are verses precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation, they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation. And no one knows its interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, We believe in it. All is from our Lord. And no one will be reminded except those of understanding."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 7)

But I find it incredibly interesting that you say this as ironically nearly every single verse beginning with Alif Lam (then with either "meem" or "ra"  or "meem ra" or "meem sad"), has a verse following after   referring to the Quran as a wise book or clear book, or just any reference to the book.  Or directly to Allah's oneness.

ذٰلِكَ الْكِتٰبُ لَا رَيْبَ  ۛ  فِيهِ  ۛ  هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ
"This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -"
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 2)

اللَّهُ لَآ إِلٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّومُ
"Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 2)

Allah SWT says:

كِتٰبٌ أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكَ فَلَا يَكُنْ فِى صَدْرِكَ حَرَجٌ مِّنْهُ لِتُنْذِرَ بِهِۦ وَذِكْرٰى لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
"a Book revealed to you, - so let there not be in your breast distress therefrom - that you may warn thereby and as a reminder to the believers."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 2)

الٓر  ۚ  تِلْكَ ءَايٰتُ الْكِتٰبِ الْحَكِيمِ
"Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the wise Book"
(QS. Yunus 10: Verse 1)

الٓر  ۚ  كِتٰبٌ أُحْكِمَتْ ءَايٰتُهُۥ ثُمَّ فُصِّلَتْ مِنْ لَّدُنْ حَكِيمٍ خَبِيرٍ
"Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book whose verses are perfected and then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Acquainted."
(QS. Hud 11: Verse 1)

الٓر  ۚ  تِلْكَ ءَايٰتُ الْكِتٰبِ الْمُبِينِ
"Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the clear Book."
(QS. Yusuf 12: Verse 1)

الٓـمّٓرٰ  ۚ  تِلْكَ ءَايٰتُ الْكِتٰبِ  ۗ  وَالَّذِىٓ أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِنْ رَّبِّكَ الْحَقُّ وَلٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ
"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe."
(QS. Ar-Ra'd 13: Verse 1)

الٓر  ۚ  كِتٰبٌ أَنْزَلْنٰهُ إِلَيْكَ لِتُخْرِجَ النَّاسَ مِنَ الظُّلُمٰتِ إِلَى النُّورِ بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِمْ إِلٰى صِرٰطِ الْعَزِيزِ الْحَمِيدِ
"Alif, Lam, Ra. a Book which We have revealed to you, that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy -"
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 1)

الٓر  ۚ  تِلْكَ ءَايٰتُ الْكِتٰبِ وَقُرْءَانٍ مُّبِينٍ
"Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the Book and a clear Qur'an."
(QS. Al-Hijr 15: Verse 1)

أَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ أَنْ يُتْرَكُوٓا أَنْ يَقُولُوٓا ءَامَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ
"Do the people think that they will be left to say, We believe and they will not be tried?"
(QS. Al-Ankaboot 29: Verse 2)

غُلِبَتِ الرُّومُ
"The Byzantines have been defeated"
(QS. Ar-Room 30: Verse 2)

تِلْكَ ءَايٰتُ الْكِتٰبِ الْحَكِيمِ
"These are verses of the wise Book,"
(QS. Luqman 31: Verse 2)

تَنْزِيلُ الْكِتٰبِ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ مِنْ رَّبِّ الْعٰلَمِينَ
"[This is] the revelation of the Book about which there is no doubt from the Lord of the worlds."
(QS. As-Sajda 32: Verse 2)

God says His verses are precise, they seem precise.  If we dont understand them does that make them less clear or precise ?

Does it need to be clear to us for it to be precise or "clear" enough?

Were there people who read this in another time frame who knew what these lines meant that the verse was intended for but doesnt apply To us as demonstrated in other passages?

Lots of interesting stuff here to look at.

Edited by wmehar2

On 1/15/2017 at 2:10 PM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding."

@HumanForLife

It says NO one knows the meanings of the vague bits but Allah.

But those of understanding will grasp "The Message."

Context tells me you can get The Message of the Quran without needing to know the vague or unclear bits.

I don't really see where there is room for someone with knowledge that can explain what these mean... since I still get different answers.

Edited by wmehar2

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

Can anyone quote the verse in which Allah (s.w.t) has said this?

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ ﴿١٧

And certainly We have made the Quran easy for remembrance, but is there anyone who will mind?(17)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.shakir/54:17

Al-Qamar 17 ,22, 32, 40

A lecture that reveal the secrets of the relation ships between the sects and the science of completion religion

Deepest secrets of ALif laam raa in Science (very Important ) - YouTube

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

We have made the Quran easy for remembrance

What is the difference between remembrance (dhikr) and understanding (faham & tafheem)? The verse says Allah has made Quran easy for  remembrance (dhirk) not mentioning understanding. 

I have seen the word "tadabbur". 

أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا
"Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy" (4:82)

أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ أَمْ عَلَى قُلُوبٍ أَقْفَالُهَا
"Do they not then reflect on the Quran? Nay, on the hearts there are locks." (47:24)

32 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

What is the difference between remembrance (dhikr) and understanding (faham & tafheem)? The verse says Allah has made Quran easy for  remembrance (dhirk) not mentioning understanding. 

I think rememberance (Dhikr) refers to obeying Quran & Ahlulbayt (as) but ‘Tadabbur’ is a global call for all people without biasing to understand that Quran is word of Allah without distortion .

It always makes me laugh when people play the 'we can't understand the Quran' card for every clear verse,  but then when it comes to them proving something, they use any verse that they can find, in those cases we can understand it (even if the commentators of the Quran didn't understand it that way, nor was it the reason for revelation, nor does it even make sense in the context)

I believe that Allah has mentioned something about people who do that. 

Edited by Ali_Hussain