Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran bails out Airbus and Boeing

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Article refers to opening up of one of aviation's 'great untapped opportunities ... as global orders begin to slow'. Iran Air CEO feels that years of operating under sanctions have given the carrier a competitive advantage over international rivals. 

https://www.ft.com/content/9b64048c-d94e-11e6-944b-e7eb37a6aa8e

• Forum Administrators

^ they've gotten smart, if you try and copy/paste something then only thing that pastes is the URL. Still, I guess the news is being carried elsewhere.

• Advanced Member

I flew on Iran's domestic flights, they were free roller coaster experiences :). The planes were actually not too bad, it's just the turbulence was really shaky and you felt like the plane would fall apart any minute from the sounds it was making, but I wasn't too scared for some reason, I enjoyed the experience.

• Forum Administrators
32 minutes ago, Dr.Hussaini72 said:

Currently iran is having one of worst records of flight safety due to the sanctions 

According to this site, Iran Air/Tours and Aseman have safety ratings no worse than PIA and better than Air India. Admittedly it's not much of a comparison, but it does show how well they're coping despite sanctions.

http://www.airlineratings.com/airlines-ratings.php?l=I

32 minutes ago, Dr.Hussaini72 said:

If trump cancels deal with beong then Air bus would also not be able to deliver aeroplanes

This would be an interesting challenge for Trump and his priorities. It pits his business and dealing-making strategy for making America great against his pro-Israel stance.