Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What makes you certain of the hereafter?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Islam requires us to use our minds and we are expected to be certain of the hereafter as the quran also specifies this. 

Everyone will have different ways and certain logic which makes them be very certain of the hereafter.

I am convinced that the hereafter is true because I am amazed by how much depth islam goes into the after-life unlike other religions. Like it tells so much and even certain events such as intercession which will take place etc.   I don't think any human can make these fictional stories otherwise there would be a lot of contradictions and absurd assumptions. Like when the imam(as)'s tell us about the hereafter it really makes me believe that they have this hidden knowledge which Allah(swt) has never allowed anyone to have.

So what is your way or in other words how are you absolutely convinced of the hereafter??

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
  • Basic Members

There would be no point to life if there was no afterlife. All humans need to be judged according to their deeds. The afterlife includes  the concept of Paradise, which is what Allah destined us for. Think of Jannah (the desirable afterlife) as an incentive to be a morally upright individual. Our whole life is incentive-based; we do what we do in pursuit of specific goals and rewards. The afterlife is no different; it is earned.

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Islam requires us to use our minds and we are expected to be certain of the hereafter as the quran also specifies this. 

Everyone will have different ways and certain logic which makes them be very certain of the hereafter.

I am convinced that the hereafter is true because I am amazed by how much depth islam goes into the after-life unlike other religions. Like it tells so much and even certain events such as intercession which will take place etc.   I don't think any human can make these fictional stories otherwise there would be a lot of contradictions and absurd assumptions. Like when the imam(as)'s tell us about the hereafter it really makes me believe that they have this hidden knowledge which Allah(swt) has never allowed anyone to have.

So what is your way or in other words how are you absolutely convinced of the hereafter??

By sleep, I sleep everyday and there is a new day for me, One day I sleep and I will wake in the day which will never end.

• Veteran Member

I've seen people who are long gone from this world in barzakh in my dreams. The feeling of meeting and seeing them was way more realistic then everything I've ever felt or saw in real life. I'm 100% convinced of a hereafter because Allah blessed me with seeing someone who showed me not to worry about their state, because where they were was much better for them.

Dreams are 100% proof of a (form of a) hereafter. Your body isn't doing anything. You are completely paralyzed. Yet you see, smell, feel, hear, eat, drink and do more things in your dreams and if you wouldn't wake up you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Except if you're having a nightmare forever, in which case (as the quran says) you'll be regretting forever. Or that is to say.. untill you go to a better place when your sins have all burned off. This is my understanding of the intermingling of worlds between dreams and barzakh. The book of Ayatullah Dastaghaib is really eye opening for anyone interested in this.

• Advanced Member

We cannot prove the afterlife this absolutely impossible........i can say that the afterlife doesn't exist and no-one can convince me otherwise because they cannot prove it.....you cannot prove there is heaven and hell and i cannot prove it too......

It is called faith and we have faith that hereafter exists.......then there is the quran which states that the hereafter exists.....but the quran is just that a book which has written words and even through the quran we cannot prove the afterlife because we need to SEE hell and heaven in real life to be 100% sure it exists.....

We will never know whether a hereafter exists or not...it is hard to prove......

Half the world believe in hell and heaven and the other half does not.......

What can we do? we cannot do anything.......trying to convince atheists is very difficult......we need an imam to do so......

Only way to prove anything is to wait and be patient for the signs

We must wait and see......wait for the signs to happen

The prophet said that such events will happen in the end times.......and we will see whether the prophet muhammed was right or not....

The signs of major are:

The emergence of Sufyani

The emergence of Yamani, Khorasani, and the imam mahdi

The return of Jesus

The appearance of Dajjal

Major disasters in the world such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, plagues, famines, etc

The death of 2/3 of world population before the emergence of our imam

Collapse and destruction of humanity......

The release of Gog and Magog

and many more

Only way to know for sure is wait to and see and anticipate about the future.......

Days are passing by quickly and someday the words of prophet muhammed will be either proved or disapproved through events here on earth.....

So if you want a 100% sure answer the only wait to see what the future holds and shows us......

• Veteran Member

After heavily scrutinising (respectfully) the religion of Islam, the Quran and its origin, the works and lives of the prophet and the AhlulBayt. I have come to love and know them as "spiritually" significant figures in human history that represent to me embodiments of virtues. I mean there is a profoundly otherworldly or divine quality to them and their actions.Read Nahjul Balagha, now remind yourself that this is a 7th-century work. These lot didn't have google back then or a 21st-century education system. Same goes for the Quran which openly invites us to ponder upon it and its signs.With the life of our imams, we see the works of a man either well beyond his time or spiritually connected to the divine, or both?  By really assessing these holy figures and critically analysing their intentions behind their acts, we start to see something profoundly spiritual.From doing all this, naturally, the belief in an afterlife begins to form. The point being, we must ask ourselves what do these holy people warn us and make us aware of? the day of judgement and the afterlife.

The timing of Islam was perfect.The birth of the prophet and each and every person that was ripe at that time for the development of Islam. From Hazrat Hamza to Khadija to Imam Ali and the Negus of Ethiopia. Each and every variable was ripe for the moment and out of that unknown desert sprang out the religion of Islam against all odds in a merciless world. Also before Islam we see many other prophets sent by this mysterious "Abrahamic God" and there is much to reflect upon.

“We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth”

[Fussilat 41:53]

*I'd like to note that if I was a Sunni I wouldn't be a Muslim, it just wouldn't cut it for me, the Ahlulbayt clarify and make clear things for me that are rather questionable. Through words and actions.*

Edited by ZhugeLiang
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

If there is an afterlife, then I 100% believe that Shia Islam is the best way to be a winner in the next world. 

if there is no afterlife, at least I lived a decent, honourable life. 

True, so there is absolutely nothing for us to lose. But I really hope that Allah(swt)'s promise is true because i want my efforts to be rewarded.

Just now, ali_fatheroforphans said:

True, so there is absolutely nothing for us to lose. But I really hope that Allah(swt)'s promise is true because i want my efforts to be rewarded.

I believe its true, because I believe in the ones who told me it is true (the Masumeen (as))