Alien Hunter

Can a Shia attend janaza of a Sunni

Rate this topic

Ofcourse, and it is something our Imams asws have encouraged and instructed us to do.

They are our muslim brothers and sisters, not 'kuffar' 'majoosi' 'rafidhi' 'deviants' as the salafi's like to taint us, and hordes of sunni's as well.

I don't really like these type of questions. Yes you are trying to obtain knowledge, but why are you alienating sunnis so much? Aren't they muslims after all?

I don't like it when sunnis ask questions such as "is it ok to pray next to a shia" etc and I can imagine what a sunni feels like when reading this type of question.

55 minutes ago, Marbles said:
Can a Shia attend janaza of a Sunni?

Did you really ask this question? 

Yes. for gaining the fiqh position of jafari madhhab. because in spite of the fact that sunnis are muslims our scholars say that we can not pray behind them with intention of congregational prayer. i am wondering whether such kind of barrier exists in respect of jafari jurisprudence.

47 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I don't really like these type of questions. Yes you are trying to obtain knowledge, but why are you alienating sunnis so much? Aren't they muslims after all?

I don't like it when sunnis ask questions such as "is it ok to pray next to a shia" etc and I can imagine what a sunni feels like when reading this type of question.

For gaining the fiqh position of jafari madhhab. because in spite of the fact that sunnis are muslims our scholars say that we can not pray behind them with intention of congregational prayer. i am wondering whether such kind of barrier exists in respect of jafari jurisprudence.

4 hours ago, Alien Hunter said:

Assalam Alaikum.

Can a Ithna Ashari Shia attend janaza of a sunni as well as non ithna ashari shia. waiting for answer....

Look at it this way...what explanation would you give when someone that was at the Janaza asks you why you weren't there?

Would you reply and say "The deceased was a Sunni and I'm a Shia so I didn't go". You won't be making any friends by saying that.

On a side note...what are the differences between a Shia funeral and a Sunni one?

1 hour ago, Marbles said:
Can a Shia attend janaza of a Sunni?

Did you really ask this question? 

What's wrong with it? We should be ask and have knowledge about the halal or haram nature of anything before we do it. Even if it seems like you already know the answer, you must make sure.

2 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Look at it this way...what explanation would you give when someone that was at the Janaza asks you why you weren't there?

Would you reply and say "The deceased was a Sunni and I'm a Shia so I didn't go". You won't be making any friends by saying that.

On a side note...what are the differences between a Shia funeral and a Sunni one?

my intention is for gaining the fiqh position of jafari madhhab. because in spite of the fact that sunnis are muslims our scholars say that we can not pray behind them with intention of congregational prayer. i am wondering whether such kind of barrier exists in respect of jafari jurisprudence. i have no intention to create division or became unfriendly to fellow muslims, bro.

21 minutes ago, Alien Hunter said:

Yes. for gaining the fiqh position of jafari madhhab. because in spite of the fact that sunnis are muslims our scholars say that we can not pray behind them with intention of congregational prayer. i am wondering whether such kind of barrier exists in respect of jafari jurisprudence.

Well Sistani says this:

Question: Is it permissible to offer congregational prayers behind a Sunni prayer leader?

Answer: It is permissible but you must recite Hamd and Surah yourself even though the recitation may be in low voice.
Edited by ali_fatheroforphans