Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Nataly

do most iranians believe in shia islam?

Rate this topic

hello,

I'd like to know if most of iranians are atheists or believers, and if young people believe in iran, someone knows?

some people here have said that most of people that live in iran do believe in islam.

thank you.

19 minutes ago, Nataly said:

hello,

I'd like to know if most of iranians are atheists or believers, and if young people believe in iran, someone knows?

some people here have said that most of people that live in iran do believe in islam.

thank you.

Ask a salafi or sectarian and they'll say shia's are worse than jews, daughters of M'utah, and dirty, filthy 'rafidha's' and 'ahlul bid'ah wal kufr'. 

Ask a normal human being and they'll tell you 95%+ of Iran are shia's [which is why sectarians loathe Iran and have veiled Persian racism] and 'shia converts to salafi islam' often are self-hating Persians.

Are they all religious? I would say no, but show me a society inwhich there is uniformity in this aspect.

Edited by uponthesunnah

1 hour ago, uponthesunnah said:

Ask a salafi or sectarian and they'll say shia's are worse than jews, daughters of M'utah, and dirty, filthy 'rafidha's' and 'ahlul bid'ah wal kufr'. 

Ask a normal human being and they'll tell you 95%+ of Iran are shia's [which is why sectarians loathe Iran and have veiled Persian racism] and 'shia converts to salafi islam' often are self-hating Persians.

Are they all religious? I would say no, but show me a society inwhich there is uniformity in this aspect.

Salam brother,

How can a person be a Shia and not religious at the same time?

This contradicts the definition of who a Shia is from hadiths of ahlul bayt.

The title of Shia is the most misused title by all of us, unless by Shia we just literally  mean the word follower.

But follower of who?

This is just a word Shia based on paper and population count.

Otherwise the statics are totally wrong according to the definition provided by the ahlul bayt of who is a Shia. 

These are all the hadiths explaining the definition of a Shia:

Rozatul kafi:

H 14738  –  And by this chain, from  Muhammad  Bin Suleyman, from Ibrahim Bin Abdullah Al-Sufy from Musa Bin Bakr Al-Wasity who said:

Abu Al-Hassan  said to me:

' If I  were to distinguish my Shias, I  would not find them except for the  description (talk). And if I  were to test them, I would not find them except  as APOSTATES. 

And if I were to scrutinize them not even one out of a thousand would escape. And if I  were to screen them with a screening, there would not  remain from them except the one who was for me. 

They have been saying for a long time, leaning upon their couches, ‘We are the Shias of Ali’. But rather, the  Shia of Ali  is the one who truthful in both his actions as well as his words’.

ما شِيعَتُنا إلّا مَنِ اتَّقى اللَّهَ وأطاعَهُ ، وما كانوا يُعرَفُونَ إلّا بالتَّواضُعِ والتَّخَشُّعِ وأداءِ الأمانَةِ وكَثرَةِ ذِكرِ اللَّهِ

Imam al-Baqir (a):  No one is our shia except by the fear of God and His obedience, and they are not recognized except by their humbleness, reverence, trustworthiness, and abundance of remembrance of God.  
[Tuhaf al-Uqool

الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : شيعَتُنا هُمُ العارِفُونَ بِاللَّهِ ، العامِلُونَ بِأمرِ اللَّهِ ، أهلُ الفَضائلِ ، الناطِقُونَ بالصَّوابِ ، مَأكُولُهُم القُوتُ ، ومَلبَسُهُمُ الاقتِصادُ

Imam Ali (a): Our Shia are those who are gnostics of Allah, they act according to the orders of God, they possess excellences, they speak only truth, their food is limited to gaining strength, their dress is economical .

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘One who claims to follow us with his tongue, but DOES the OPPOSITE to our ACTIONS and DEEDS is not from among our Shi`aa.’[Bihar al-Anwar, v. 68, p. 164, no. 13

Imam Baqir (A.S) has said :
Those who claim to be shia should know that shias are our friends and followers. They are:

1.Pious
2.Obedient  
3.Humbleness  
4. Uprightness  
5.Trustworthiness 
6.By their Zikr of Allah
7. Their salaat  
8.Fasting 
9.Kindness to parents  
10.Respect for the rights of neighbors 
11.Their assistance for the poor and the disabled 
12.Sympathy for the destitute 
13.Loving behavior towards orphans 
14.Truthfulness 
15.Recitation of the Holy Quran, and acting according to all commandments and laws in it 
16.True Shias control their tongue and use it in the best manner for beneficence 
18. Wish the best for all the servants of God and 
19. give shelter to their friends. 

When Mamoon appointed Imam Reza (a) as his crown prince His gate keeper came and said:

"A group of people are standing and want to come and visit you and say they are the Shias of Imam Ali."

The Imam said, " Tell them I have work and tell them to return back."

The Gate keeper returned them.

The next day they returned and introduced themselves in the same manner.

The gate keeper returned them again.

And so the third, fourth day till two months they would come every day but were not allow to meet the Imam After two months they told the gate keeper:

"Tell our master we are the Shias of your father Ali.You have not given us permission to meet you, and our enemies are ridiculing us.We will return but we will be homeless when we return to our cities and country as we will won't be able to bare the ridicule of the enemies."

Imam Reza told the gate keeper to allow them in .

They entered and said Salam to the Imam, But the Imam did not answer and did not even allow them to sit and were still standing.

They said " Oh son of the prophet what is this belittling for after closing the door on us for two long months and not giving us permission ?what will be left of us?"

The imam said " Read this Quranic verse which says;  

Whatever that reaches you is all from your bad deeds (although Allah forgives many of your bad deeds (Shora:30)

Then he said: "Because you CLAIMED to be the SHIA of Ali !
Woe to you'll !

The Shias of Ali (a) are like Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein,Abu Dhar, Salman, Miqdad and Ammar and Mohammad bin Abi Bikr who did not disobey the laws of Allah and did not do any of the Haram, and you also say that you are Shias ?

Although in most of your acts you are against him,and even fall short in the obligatory acts and take the rights of your brothers in religion lightly And the places you shouldn't do Taqiyah, you do taqiyah ,but in places that you have no choice but to do taqiyah you don't adhere to this great duty.

If instead of claiming to be shias you would have said,that you are the admirers and friends of Imam Ali and like the friends of them and consider their enemies your enemies I would not have rejected your claim and would have accepted it ,**BUT YOU HAVE CLAIMED A HIGH POSITION
and if your actions don't match your words you are destroyed ! "

They said," Oh son of the prophet we ask forgiveness from God,and ask repentance from God for our inappropriate statement and as you, our master have taught us, we shall say we are your friends and your friends are our friends and your enemies are our enemies."

The imam said " Welcome my brothers and my friends come higher and higher and higher,"
he took them so high that he made stick to him.

Then told the gate keeper:

"How many times have you returned them entering this house?"

He said ,"60 times"

Then Imam Said," Them go to their houses 60 times,and say Salam to them, and say my Salams to them because today they seeked repentance , and their sins have been forgiven and since they are our friends and attached to us, they are worthy of respect.

Hence go visit them, check their and their families situation, give them their expense of their livelihood and charity and solve their worries and problems."

Edited by certainclarity

2 hours ago, Nataly said:

and if young people believe in iran, someone knows?

Salam

Young people believe in Iran? Not quite sure what this means?

2 hours ago, Nataly said:

Only God knows who is a true believer. We all can claim.

Salam

As you said most Iranians are Shias, and it is a very real fact. But there is a catch. You see because for almost half of century being Muslim and Shia in Iran became kind of mandatory for everyone, through culture or government or even family members pressure, Some or maybe more than some Iranian youths are become rebellious against being One. and for too many reasons like lake of clarifications or most of them not being honest even with themselves, nobody knows how many are like that! I for one am not. Being Muslim is a bless and I'm proud of it.

I'm sure you can find a lot of fine shia in Iran who are true believers, and a lot of them like to be known as muslims rather than shia, for unity in Muslim world.

Iran is mostly twelver shia

Iran will be the nation who will prepare the world for the mahdi the savior

Iran is the shia backbone and the sword of the shia

Iran is the centre of islamic civilization 

Iran is the one who will be the capital of knowledge and fiqh of islam during the mahdi time

Iran is the weapon against the israeli regime and the west

Iran is the only chance the world has to fight oppression and tyranny

Anything that happens to Iran will destroy the shiite community

The Shia of the world are mostly in Iran

Iran is our beloved nation and our saviour and our sacred jewel------>anything that happens to Iran will bring chaos to the shia community

59 minutes ago, Nataly said:

@certainclarity hello, yes I meant, that if people who live in Iran believe in shia islam (well in general, because i know there are aborigens, christians, zoroastrians).

Supposedly on paper yes.

Just like people say they are christians, and live in a supposedly christian country, but only celebrate Christmas from christianity.

Only God knows how many are true believers.

Probably alot less then 95%.

41 minutes ago, Nataly said:

@certainclarity perhaps 80% or less?

Salam,

I think the hadith I posted from Imam Ali and other hadiths of the definition of who a shia is by ahlul bayt should pretty much answer your question.

I personally don't fall into the definition described yet, so I cannot claim to be a shia.

I don't think anyone on this site can also claim to be a shia.

You can ask any iranian here if even 50% are exactly as inidicated in the hadith below.

There are hadiths that mention most of the foremost supporters of Imam Mahdi will be mainly from Iran, even if this hadith happens, 313 or maximum 10,000 true shias according to hadiths is not even 1% of the iranian population!

If the hadith of 313 main supporters of the Mahdi and additional support of 10,000 comes to effect probably from this amount of people maybe 80% will be Iranian. These will be considered the true Shias from God's view.

For your reference:

20 hours ago, certainclarity said:

H 14738  –  And by this chain, from  Muhammad  Bin Suleyman, from Ibrahim Bin Abdullah Al-Sufy from Musa Bin Bakr Al-Wasity who said:

Abu Al-Hassan  said to me:

' If I  were to distinguish my Shias, I  would not find them except for the  description (talk). And if I  were to test them, I would not find them except  as APOSTATES. 

And if I were to scrutinize them not even one out of a thousand would escape. And if I  were to screen them with a screening, there would not  remain from them except the one who was for me. 

They have been saying for a long time, leaning upon their couches, ‘We are the Shias of Ali’. But rather, the  Shia of Ali  is the one who truthful in both his actions as well as his words’.

ما شِيعَتُنا إلّا مَنِ اتَّقى اللَّهَ وأطاعَهُ ، وما كانوا يُعرَفُونَ إلّا بالتَّواضُعِ والتَّخَشُّعِ وأداءِ الأمانَةِ وكَثرَةِ ذِكرِ اللَّهِ

Imam al-Baqir (a):  No one is our shia except by the fear of God and His obedience, and they are not recognized except by their humbleness, reverence, trustworthiness, and abundance of remembrance of God.  
[Tuhaf al-Uqool

الإمامُ عليٌّ عليه السلام : شيعَتُنا هُمُ العارِفُونَ بِاللَّهِ ، العامِلُونَ بِأمرِ اللَّهِ ، أهلُ الفَضائلِ ، الناطِقُونَ بالصَّوابِ ، مَأكُولُهُم القُوتُ ، ومَلبَسُهُمُ الاقتِصادُ

Imam Ali (a): Our Shia are those who are gnostics of Allah, they act according to the orders of God, they possess excellences, they speak only truth, their food is limited to gaining strength, their dress is economical .

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘One who claims to follow us with his tongue, but DOES the OPPOSITE to our ACTIONS and DEEDS is not from among our Shi`aa.’[Bihar al-Anwar, v. 68, p. 164, no. 13

Imam Baqir (A.S) has said :
Those who claim to be shia should know that shias are our friends and followers. They are:

1.Pious
2.Obedient  
3.Humbleness  
4. Uprightness  
5.Trustworthiness 
6.By their Zikr of Allah
7. Their salaat  
8.Fasting 
9.Kindness to parents  
10.Respect for the rights of neighbors 
11.Their assistance for the poor and the disabled 
12.Sympathy for the destitute 
13.Loving behavior towards orphans 
14.Truthfulness 
15.Recitation of the Holy Quran, and acting according to all commandments and laws in it 
16.True Shias control their tongue and use it in the best manner for beneficence 
18. Wish the best for all the servants of God and 
19. give shelter to their friends. 

When Mamoon appointed Imam Reza (a) as his crown prince His gate keeper came and said:

"A group of people are standing and want to come and visit you and say they are the Shias of Imam Ali."

The Imam said, " Tell them I have work and tell them to return back."

The Gate keeper returned them.

The next day they returned and introduced themselves in the same manner.

The gate keeper returned them again.

And so the third, fourth day till two months they would come every day but were not allow to meet the Imam After two months they told the gate keeper:

"Tell our master we are the Shias of your father Ali.You have not given us permission to meet you, and our enemies are ridiculing us.We will return but we will be homeless when we return to our cities and country as we will won't be able to bare the ridicule of the enemies."

Imam Reza told the gate keeper to allow them in .

They entered and said Salam to the Imam, But the Imam did not answer and did not even allow them to sit and were still standing.

They said " Oh son of the prophet what is this belittling for after closing the door on us for two long months and not giving us permission ?what will be left of us?"

The imam said " Read this Quranic verse which says;  

Whatever that reaches you is all from your bad deeds (although Allah forgives many of your bad deeds (Shora:30)

Then he said: "Because you CLAIMED to be the SHIA of Ali !
Woe to you'll !

The Shias of Ali (a) are like Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein,Abu Dhar, Salman, Miqdad and Ammar and Mohammad bin Abi Bikr who did not disobey the laws of Allah and did not do any of the Haram, and you also say that you are Shias ?

Although in most of your acts you are against him,and even fall short in the obligatory acts and take the rights of your brothers in religion lightly And the places you shouldn't do Taqiyah, you do taqiyah ,but in places that you have no choice but to do taqiyah you don't adhere to this great duty.

If instead of claiming to be shias you would have said,that you are the admirers and friends of Imam Ali and like the friends of them and consider their enemies your enemies I would not have rejected your claim and would have accepted it ,**BUT YOU HAVE CLAIMED A HIGH POSITION
and if your actions don't match your words you are destroyed ! "

They said," Oh son of the prophet we ask forgiveness from God,and ask repentance from God for our inappropriate statement and as you, our master have taught us, we shall say we are your friends and your friends are our friends and your enemies are our enemies."

The imam said " Welcome my brothers and my friends come higher and higher and higher,"
he took them so high that he made stick to him.

Then told the gate keeper:

"How many times have you returned them entering this house?"

He said ,"60 times"

Then Imam Said," Them go to their houses 60 times,and say Salam to them, and say my Salams to them because today they seeked repentance , and their sins have been forgiven and since they are our friends and attached to us, they are worthy of respect.

Hence go visit them, check their and their families situation, give them their expense of their livelihood and charity and solve their worries and problems."

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, Nataly said:

hello,

thank you.

Assalam Aleykoum

Most of iranians living in west are murtad and kuffars.

Most of iranians living in Iran are muslims.

Hope i answered your question.

theres a conspiracy theory that saudi is funding non shia in Iran to produce as many children as possible. each time they have another child, saudi increases their monthly income, as well as taking multiple wives. this is to change the demographics in Iran in the long term. no idea if its true or not but if it is, My iranian brothers and sisters, you know what to do! *wink* *wink* *wink* 

30 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

theres a conspiracy theory that saudi is funding non shia in Iran to produce as many children as possible. each time they have another child, saudi increases their monthly income, as well as taking multiple wives. this is to change the demographics in Iran in the long term. no idea if its true or not but if it is, My iranian brothers and sisters, you know what to do! *wink* *wink* *wink* 

I dont really know if its true that saudi finance that but  I heard some iranian relatives who say that is true. 

However its sûre than iranian sunni do most children than iranian shia.

On 1/9/2017 at 3:50 PM, alidu78 said:

Assalam Aleykoum

Most of iranians living in west are murtad and kuffars.

Most of iranians living in Iran are muslims.

Hope i answered your question.

Nah the ones in the USA aren't murtad and kuffars for the most part. They are just mostly secular liberal Muslims.

You live in France, which is an MKO-stronghold, that is a whole different and bizarre type of Iranian there.

8 hours ago, ChattingwithShias said:

Nah the ones in the USA aren't murtad and kuffars for the most part. They are just mostly secular liberal Muslims.

You live in France, which is an MKO-stronghold, that is a whole different and bizarre type of Iranian there.

I dont really know the iranian americans. But I could say in europe most of them are like I described even if in uk for exemple you could find some good iranian muslims. 

And well I know that france is the base of mko but most of iranians here are not pro mko. The vast majority I met here are not at all part of this.

And even mko dont say they are kuffars.

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

I dont really know the iranian americans. But I could say in europe most of them are like I described even if in uk for exemple you could find some good iranian muslims. 

there is a very significant sized UK community of practising shia Iranians mashaAllah. there are Iranian hussainias in most of the major cities

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

there is a very significant sized UK community of practising shia Iranians mashaAllah. there are Iranian hussainias in most of the major cities

In général iranians are so much nationalist that most of them dont want to live in an other country. Its why most of those who leave iran permanently are those who hâte the fact to live under an islamic state. However you could find in some places good iranian shias.

@DigitalUmmah yes, in general good people is not having children, or they're killed, (I'm sure of that) they die too because Allah is saving them from the current and future evil. 

The world is leading to the prophecy that says that will be only mean/bad people when the end is close. :(

However I wouldn't be mean or bad, just for acceptance of this society or for keeping alive. If I dissapeared from this earth along with my race, I'd prefer it, than being mean.