Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

imam presence

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

There is something that said "there is no period without an imam", i think that mean in all period, there is someone to teach us the religion, to show us the right path. In our time we said that there is an imam in occultation. So we can't talk with im, this imam can't show us the path, answer our question.

 The shi'a detractor say that the first 11 imams die to fast so tey had to creates a story to match the reappearance of the 12 Imam at the end of time.

Do we have strong arguments to answer that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
36 minutes ago, Jawad_Amr said:

There is something that said "there is no period without an imam", i think that mean in all period, there is someone to teach us the religion, to show us the right path. In our time we said that there is an imam in occultation. So we can't talk with im, this imam can't show us the path, answer our question.

 The shi'a detractor say that the first 11 imams die to fast so tey had to creates a story to match the reappearance of the 12 Imam at the end of time.

Do we have strong arguments to answer that ?

Some things are related to faith and you do not need to prove them. Mosus a.s hit his stick to the river and made a way for his companions. How you can refute it if you have faith in Quran. Similarly is Mehdi a.s alone to live so long? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

Some things are related to faith and you do not need to prove them. Mosus a.s hit his stick to the river and made a way for his companions. How you can refute it if you have faith in Quran. Similarly is Mehdi a.s alone to live so long? 

yes but the imam are here to teach us the religion, to let us die in the right path. Maybe we are the generation who will see the last imam, but what about the muslim who dies in the wrong path ? there were no imam to guide them. So the  "there is no period without an imam" mean there is no period without the presence, teaching, knowledge of the imam or just there is no period without the presence of the imam ?

Edited by Jawad_Amr
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jawad_Amr said:

There is something that said "there is no period without an imam", i think that mean in all period, there is someone to teach us the religion, to show us the right path. In our time we said that there is an imam in occultation. So we can't talk with im, this imam can't show us the path, answer our question.

 The shi'a detractor say that the first 11 imams die to fast so tey had to creates a story to match the reappearance of the 12 Imam at the end of time.

Do we have strong arguments to answer that ?

According to this argument God doesn't exist either, as so many are astray, plus we are not in contact with God to talk and ask our questions to guide us.

 

Edited by certainclarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2017 at 0:59 PM, Aabiss_Shakari said:

Some things are related to faith and you do not need to prove them. Mosus a.s hit his stick to the river and made a way for his companions. How you can refute it if you have faith in Quran. Similarly is Mehdi a.s alone to live so long? 

WOW. What an answer. :cool:

You are comparing man made history events with clear commands of Quran. The event of Moses a.s hitting stick to river is in Quran not in history books.

So it means there is no proof. Neither for his living long nor for his birth.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, certainclarity said:

According to this argument God doesn't exist either, as so many are astray, plus we are not in contact with God to talk and ask our questions to guide us.

 

So 12th Imam is just like GOD. I am scared what you are saying.

Forget about the death of jahilliyah, as there is no Imam physically present since 255 AH.

What about the life of jahilliyah?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

So 12th Imam is just like GOD. I am scared what you are saying.

Forget about the death of jahilliyah, as there is no Imam physically present since 255 AH.

What about the life of jahilliyah?

God is fully and truly gheyb, no eye can see him, even in the here after.

Gheybat in shia tradition for a human means to be unknown. It doesn't mean invisible.Only God is invisible.

He can be walking in the street amongst people but no one knows who he is.

We are worse than the so called time of jahiliya, now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:24 AM, Jawad_Amr said:

There is something that said "there is no period without an imam", i think that mean in all period, there is someone to teach us the religion, to show us the right path. In our time we said that there is an imam in occultation. So we can't talk with im, this imam can't show us the path, answer our question.

 

Before you start thinking about the system of guidance (Imamate), let me visualize you how system of misguidance works. 

There is something that said that there is a Shiatan, who remain invisible to us, remain in occultation, yet he has the power to misguide us. Anyone seen the Shaitan? Or ever spoken to him a single word? Or did Shaitan spoke a single word to anyone of us? It might be difficult for you to contact that Shaitan, see him or speak to him. But it is said that for Shaitan, it is not difficult to capture your mind & takes you anywhere he want. It is said that He speaks to you daily, you cannot comprehend his voice, you listen to his whispers everyday, he communicates with you without producing any sort of sound.

Now you can start your journey of rational thinking about the system of guidance. I presume that you believe on Allah, and Knows Him as "Adil" (Just).

There are manners & procedures in place, if you want to create contact with Imam of your time, you need to learn those manners & procedures.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

Before you start thinking about the system of guidance (Imamate), let me visualize you how system of misguidance works. 

There is something that said that there is a Shiatan, who remain invisible to us, remain in occultation, yet he has the power to misguide us. Anyone seen the Shaitan? Or ever spoken to him a single word? Or did Shaitan spoke a single word to anyone of us? It might be difficult for you to contact that Shaitan, see him or speak to him. But it is said that for Shaitan, it is not difficult to capture your mind & takes you anywhere he want. It is said that He speaks to you daily, you cannot comprehend his voice, you listen to his whispers everyday, he communicates with you without producing any sort of sound.

Now you can start your journey of rational thinking about the system of guidance. I presume that you believe on Allah, and Knows Him as "Adil" (Just).

There are manners & procedures in place, if you want to create contact with Imam of your time, you need to learn those manners & procedures.  

And what are those  manners & procedures ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jawad_Amr said:

And what are those  manners & procedures ?

Be obedient & faithful to them by following their teachings in true spirit. Never miss obligatory prayers & Namaz e shab (tahajjud), strive to make yourself exactly they want us to be. Then you will be able to establish contact with him.

In Sha Allah.

Do you know that we can even enjoy the company of Prophet Muhammad in our lives? even though he is not among us but we can enjoy his "ma'eeyat" according to this verse of Quran:

Surah Al-Muzzammil, Verse 20:

إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِن ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِّنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ

Surely your Lord knows that you pass in prayer nearly two-thirds of the night, and (sometimes) half of it, and (sometimes) a third of it, and (also) a party of those with you; 

So you can enjoy the company of Prophet by being regular in offering tahajjud. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
17 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

Be obedient & faithful to them by following their teachings in true spirit. Never miss obligatory prayers & Namaz e shab (tahajjud), strive to make yourself exactly they want us to be. Then you will be able to establish contact with him.

In Sha Allah.

Do you know that we can even enjoy the company of Prophet Muhammad in our lives? even though he is not among us but we can enjoy his "ma'eeyat" according to this verse of Quran:

Surah Al-Muzzammil, Verse 20:

إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِن ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِّنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ

Surely your Lord knows that you pass in prayer nearly two-thirds of the night, and (sometimes) half of it, and (sometimes) a third of it, and (also) a party of those with you; 

So you can enjoy the company of Prophet by being regular in offering tahajjud. 

thank you for your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On 9-1-2017 at 9:48 AM, Engineer73 said:

Before you start thinking about the system of guidance (Imamate), let me visualize you how system of misguidance works. 

There is something that said that there is a Shiatan, who remain invisible to us, remain in occultation, yet he has the power to misguide us. Anyone seen the Shaitan? Or ever spoken to him a single word? Or did Shaitan spoke a single word to anyone of us? It might be difficult for you to contact that Shaitan, see him or speak to him. But it is said that for Shaitan, it is not difficult to capture your mind & takes you anywhere he want. It is said that He speaks to you daily, you cannot comprehend his voice, you listen to his whispers everyday, he communicates with you without producing any sort of sound.

Now you can start your journey of rational thinking about the system of guidance. I presume that you believe on Allah, and Knows Him as "Adil" (Just).

There are manners & procedures in place, if you want to create contact with Imam of your time, you need to learn those manners & procedures.  

Never thought about it in this way. Eye opener. Thank you brother.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 10/01/2017 at 6:01 PM, Engineer73 said:

Be obedient & faithful to them by following their teachings in true spirit. Never miss obligatory prayers & Namaz e shab (tahajjud), strive to make yourself exactly they want us to be. Then you will be able to establish contact with him.

But, how do they want us to be ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jawad_Amr said:

I am shia who don't have shia knowledge :censored:

No problem at all. Try to know as much as you can. Start with reading Quran every day, at least 10 verses, read the tafseer of those verse, read at least one sermon of nehjul balagha. 

I think you can spare half hour daily for this task.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Engineer73 said:

No problem at all. Try to know as much as you can. Start with reading Quran every day, at least 10 verses, read the tafseer of those verse, read at least one sermon of nehjul balagha. 

I think you can spare half hour daily for this task.

Ok, I'll try to do it all

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...