Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
hayaah

On a scale of 1 to 10....

Rate this topic

Happiness is in the eye of the beholder... You can feel happy and contented with relatively little if you put your heart and mind to it. Or you can remain a miserable loser if nothing ever pleases you. Everyone gets a hard knock from life at some stage, we stumble and fall, we cry and howl, we regret and regress; but at the end of the day we have to turn the page and move on. There's no other formula to living life. 

21 minutes ago, hayaah said:

@Marbles  that quote isnt right, its actually * beauty lies in the eye of the beholder * :)

Yes, of course. It was intentionally written so. Since it is about being happy, I put a spin on it.

This is one of those moments when you realise you're not on Goodreads but on ShiaChat lool

Edited by Marbles
typo

44 minutes ago, hayaah said:

Asalam o Alaykum, 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how content / happy are you with your life currently? and why?

1 = extremely Unhappy

10 = extremely Happy

I am happy 90% of the time alhamdulilah. At my mid-twenties I am exactly where I want to be. Though ideally I would have preferred to have been married by now, but that's not in my hands so I can't get upset over it, neither do I give it any thought any more. Apart from that, everything is going great for me alhamdulilah, couldn't have asked for more.

14 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Yes, of course. It was intentionally written so. Since it is about being happy, I put a spin on it.

This is one of those moments when you realise you're not on Goodreads but on ShiaChat lool

lol it still wouldnt make any sense, cause happiness is a feeling. it's not something you see, it's something you FEEL. :) 

8/10 Mostly happy, but never content. Contentment means completion and I hope to never get there in this life. I am enjoying the journey, with all its ups and downs, frustration, stress, loss, and boredom. I've got little kids, so I even get plenty of hugs and kisses for now. That's bonus. 

12 minutes ago, hayaah said:

lol it still wouldnt make any sense, cause happiness is a feeling. it's not something you see, it's something you FEEL. :) 

Have you never heard about sad eyes, weary eyes, eyes that shine, eyes that smile, a mocking look, or a loving gaze?

Eyes express feelings :) 

Anyway, it was a play on the idiom. It might make sense to some, it might not to others.

Just now, Marbles said:

Have you never heard about sad eyes, weary eyes, eyes that shine, eyes that smile, a mocking look, or a loving gaze?

Eyes express feelings :) 

Anyway, it was a play on the idiom. It might make sense to some, it might not to others.

these are different forms of expressions which are caused/triggered by feelings.  But if you're talking fictionally , then yes I understand what you mean. :)

29 minutes ago, hayaah said:

It's easy to see happiness! It's a kind of glow! Maybe you can't see your own because you are preoccupied with noticing the feeling, but it's very clearly visible in others.