Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Caliguy

Can a nikah recitation be repeated to clear...?

Rate this topic

Asalamalekum,

1. In order to remove any doubts that a Marriage Formula (segha) might have been recited incorrectly by the (Wakil) representative. Can i repeat the Marriage Formula (segha) to remove any probable mistakes or any negative doubts in the mind?

2. Is the Divorce necessary to Recite the Marriage Formula (segha) again, or the Marriage formula can be recited again without divorce given to my wife?

thanks!

46 minutes ago, Caliguy said:
Asalamalekum,

1. In order to remove any doubts that a Marriage Formula (segha) might have been recited incorrectly by the (Wakil) representative. Can i repeat the Marriage Formula (segha) to remove any probable mistakes or any negative doubts in the mind?

2. Is the Divorce necessary to Recite the Marriage Formula (segha) again, or the Marriage formula can be recited again without divorce given to my wife?

thanks!

According to Ayatullah Sistani:

1. In issue #48 of Minhaj al-Saliheen, Volume 3 - he says that if it is known that the Wakil recited the Nikah, but it is not known if he recited it correctly or not, you can assume it to have been recited correctly.

2. You can definitely recite the Nikah again, and don't have to give divorce. In fact in most marriage ceremonies today, the Wakeel or the scholar(s) generally reciting the Nikah themselves repeat the Nikah contract a number of times for this very reason so that there is no doubt or possibility of mistakes left. That is why if you are in the audience, you generally hear them repeat the same statements over and over again a few times (even if it was correct and enacted the very first time).

Wassalam

29 minutes ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

According to Ayatullah Sistani:

1. In issue #48 of Minhaj al-Saliheen, Volume 3 - he says that if it is known that the Wakil recited the Nikah, but it is not known if he recited it correctly or not, you can assume it to have been recited correctly.

2. You can definitely recite the Nikah again, and don't have to give divorce. In fact in most marriage ceremonies today, the Wakeel or the scholar(s) generally reciting the Nikah themselves repeat the Nikah contract a number of times for this very reason so that there is no doubt or possibility of mistakes left. That is why if you are in the audience, you generally hear them repeat the same statements over and over again a few times (even if it was correct and enacted the very first time).

Wassalam

I was very nervous on the day of my nikah, and after my nikah performed. When i went home i had doubts for no reason that my nikah might me incorrect, even though i have no reason to believe this. But i still want to recite it again and clear my mind of any doubts, because next week is my wedding. Furthermore, i also have anxiety that if i recite it again, it might void or harm our marriage?

Edited by Caliguy