Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Asalamunalaikum ....now i have decided to study about one imam in one year...can anyone tell me like i first start with imam ali( a.s)   ..i see a lot of books under Al islam.org..Which books should i read and whose lectures on youtube should i listen...is it enough to study abiut one imam in one year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deeba1993 said:

Asalamunalaikum ....now i have decided to study about one imam in one year...can anyone tell me like i first start with imam ali( a.s)   ..i see a lot of books under Al islam.org..Which books should i read and whose lectures on youtube should i listen...is it enough to study abiut one imam in one year

Deeba

The best way to get to know the Imams is through their sayings. 

If you want to start with Maula Ali, start with Nehj-ul-balagha keeping in mind that it has not been recorded word-to-word. Nevertheless, its eloquence will want you to explore further. 

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-50-verily-source-misguidance-lies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

Deeba

The best way to get to know the Imams is through their sayings. 

If you want to start with Maula Ali, start with Nehj-ul-balagha keeping in mind that it has not been recorded word-to-word. Nevertheless, its eloquence will want you to explore further. 

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-50-verily-source-misguidance-lies

U r right .i will get to know about imams in 12yrs ,that will be a long time....i will try my best...i can't take more than 1hr in a day  as i have to study also....okay i will read nahjul balagha...should i read anything else for imam ali a.s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deeba1993 said:

U r right .i will get to know about imams in 12yrs ,that will be a long time....i will try my best...i can't take more than 1hr in a day  as i have to study also....okay i will read nahjul balagha...should i read anything else for imam ali a.s

9

The idea is to skim through the table of contents and read the topics of your interest whenever you get the time to do so.....

Gradually, build your library of online or hard books and question everything that you learn from them....  

It's better than having an unrealistic twelve-year plan ..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, deeba1993 said:

Which books should i read

The book Know Your Islam by Yousuf N. Lalljee is a nice book, but only available in a printed book form, not uploaded to the Internet. Do not be fooled by Internet blog posts called "Know Your Islam" which might be written by Sunnis. If you cannot afford to buy Lalljee's book Know Your Islam, perhaps you could borrow it from a library. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...