Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
deeba1993

depressed

Rate this topic

asalamumalaikum...i am little bit depressed ..i have crossed 20yrs ,still i have not read anything about islam..i dont know anything about prophet (saw) and ahlul bait...i dont have any hadith book...i dont know the sunnah of prophet (saw)..i dont know what to do for imam mehdi...i dont know the duas and surah which one should recite everyday...i fear if i die , what will happen ,whst will my education give me....please my sisters and brothers help me..plzzzz

:ws:

Feeling this way may not be a bad thing especially it if is going to motivate you towards gaining more islamic knowledge and getting closer to Allah (s.w.t).@DigitalUmmah has provided you with some useful links. Also, have a think about whether this is the only reason you are depressed and whether there are other things effecting the way you feel. If it is as you have mentioned then you have the power of now, meaning now is the time to try and do something about it. If you need any more help and advice then please don't hesitate to ask! Good luck!

WS. Yes, DigitalUmmah has given some useful link for beginners. I would just like to add a few points

1. Do not try and read everything in a day. Let your efforts be small but continuous and in a disciplined way

2. Read traditions, incidents, incidents, miracles, exegesis of Ahlul Bait (a.s.) as much as possible as only they are the right source of knowledge

3. If possible, find a partner with whom you can read, discuss and share your learnings and vice versa. It will keep you motivated in this noble path

4. Last but not the least, seek help from Imam Wali Asr (atfs) who is the inheritor of Allah's knowledge

I pray for your success InshaAllah

58 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam OP

I pray that Allah eases your problems and answers your prayers. 

there are three sources where I think you should begin

firstly - check out Al-Islam.org https://www.al-islam.org/ its the most complete online shia library, thousands and thousands of free online material on all aspects of shiism. 

secondly - check out ShiaPen - http://www.shiapen.com/ its focused on the differences between shia and non shia beliefs, and why shia are correct

thirdly - check out the shia encyclopedia - https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team think of it as sort of a "shiism for beginners" guide. 

best of luck - there is no shame at all in admitting we need help. We are all here to help you and our dua are with you InshaAllah

Thank u very much...can u please tell me where i should start from ..i need a systematic way..i am a student and i cannt spend whole day with it..please can u guide me

1 minute ago, Abal Faadhil said:

WS. Yes, DigitalUmmah has given some useful link for beginners. I would just like to add a few points

1. Do not try and read everything in a day. Let your efforts be small but continuous and in a disciplined way

2. Read traditions, incidents, incidents, miracles, exegesis of Ahlul Bait (a.s.) as much as possible as only they are the right source of knowledge

3. If possible, find a partner with whom you can read, discuss and share your learnings and vice versa. It will keep you motivated in this noble path

4. Last but not the least, seek help from Imam Wali Asr (atfs) who is the inheritor of Allah's knowledge

I pray for your success InshaAllah

Thanku very much...where Can i find traditions..incidents etc

15 minutes ago, deeba1993 said:

Thanku very much...where Can i find traditions..incidents etc

If you visit www.al-islam.org you will see a section on History and Politics. There you will find sub-sections on Holy Prophet SAWS, Imam Ali AS and other Imams. You will find books on Life history of 14 Masoomeens which are good to start with

E.g. The Message, Hayat al Quloob, Kitab al Irshad, Books of A. Baqar Sharrif, Books of Allama Syed Saeed Akhtar Rizvi etc are good to start with

2 hours ago, Abal Faadhil said:

If you visit www.al-islam.org you will see a section on History and Politics. There you will find sub-sections on Holy Prophet SAWS, Imam Ali AS and other Imams. You will find books on Life history of 14 Masoomeens which are good to start with

E.g. The Message, Hayat al Quloob, Kitab al Irshad, Books of A. Baqar Sharrif, Books of Allama Syed Saeed Akhtar Rizvi etc are good to start with

Thanks...i got it..but like i want to first read about imam ali ,a no. Of books are in it ...if u know some books which i should read ? Can u share the links

Depression can be a pain sometimes

Inshalla all muslims are free of depression because it is not a fun thing..

I do not know but i think reading the quran helps it removes your depression and gives you positive feelings....