Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
maz_winchester

Difference between Jinns, Demons, and Ghosts

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, maz_winchester said:

So...I was watching this movie Paranormal Activity. I take a lot of interest in the supernatural. What occurred to me suddenly was that what is the difference between demons and evil ghosts in Islam? Yes I believe in the supernatural.

I don't actually think Jinns are evil, nor can they possess or teach black magic. To be fair, I don't subscribe to the whole idea of Jinns, but for the sake of argument I'll concede and answer your question.

From the Quran we know there are Muslim Jinns. So if they did exist, they'd be like us: communties. There may be evil and there may be pious, but never will we interact, otherwise it'd be a widely documented phenomenon.

Edited by Fish

On 1/1/2017 at 9:07 AM, maz_winchester said:

So...I was watching this movie Paranormal Activity. I take a lot of interest in the supernatural. What occurred to me suddenly was that what is the difference between demons and evil ghosts in Islam? Yes I believe in the supernatural.

I don't believe people get posessed. There are actually medical conditions that can explain such strange things. There is also a rare disease that people can hear voices of other people in their head called schizophrenia.

There is nothing islamic about these ghost stories that have circulated around, such as a witch appearing in a village etc. Be careful to not mix jinns with ghosts. Jinns are just another creature like us which are in another dimension or in another universe hidden from us. Jinns have the free will just like us and they can choose to be good or bad.

This is what i think. Rest Allah(swt) knows better.