Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

Prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said:

"The Quran is Allah's university; so, learn as much as you can in this university."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 92, p.19

Wassalam.

Edited by Fatimaa

The Death and Burial of the Holy Prophet

During the last moments of his life, the Holy Prophet opened his eyes and asked for his brother to be called. Aeshah called her father Abu Bakr, but when the Holy Prophet saw him he placed his head back on his pillow and repeated that his brother should be called for. Hafsah, another wife of the Holy Prophet called her father ‘Umar, but the same thing happened. Aeshah then sent for Imam ‘Ali saying that the Holy Prophet would see no one else. When Imam ‘Ali arrived, the Holy Prophet raised his cloak and took him under its cover. He then placed his head on the chest of Imam ‘Ali and talked to him for a long time.

In the last moments of his life a knock was heard on the door. Lady Fatemah told the caller to come later, because her father was very ill. However, the caller was insistent and kept on knocking. Lady Fatemah told him again to come later. When the third knock came, tears welled up in Lady Fatemah’s eyes, but her father said to her, “Oh Fatemah, let him in. For it is none other than the Angel of Death. It is only in respect of your presence that he is asking for permission to enter; otherwise he waits for nobody when he comes to take away the soul.”

Soon afterwards the signs of death began to appear on his face. The last sentence he spoke was, “No. With the Divine Companion.” It appears that at the time of his last breath the angel Gabriel gave him the option to recover from his illness and remain in this world or to allow the Angel of Death to remove his soul so that he may proceed with him (the Divine Companion) to the next world. The Holy Prophet uttered this sentence and passed away on Monday 28th Safar 11 AH. He was 63 years old.

As the sound of mourning rose from the house of the Holy Prophet the people outside knew that he had breathed his last. Soon afterwards the news of his death spread throughout Madinah, plunging everyone into sorrow. Imam ‘Ali bathed the sacred body of the Holy Prophet and shrouded him. The Holy Prophet had directed that his body should be bathed by one who was nearest to him, and such a person could be none else than Imam ‘Ali. The first person to offer the funeral prayers for the Holy Prophet was Imam ‘Ali.

Thereafter the companions came in groups and offered prayers, and this practice continued till noon on Tuesday. It was then decided to bury the Holy Prophet in the same house where he had passed away.

It was a most tragic event. The great personality who had changed the future of humanity with his efforts and sacrifice was no more. The Holy Prophet had made a great contribution to the welfare of humanity at large. He had spread the message of God, practising the religion himself and then asking others to follow him.

He had established the rights of people when everywhere their rights were being violated; he had spread justice when tyranny was the norm; he introduced equality at a time when discrimination was so common; and he gave freedom to the people when they were suppressed by injustice. He had faithfully carried out the great mission entrusted to him by God.

The Holy Prophet had always told the people, “I have only been sent to perfect your moral character (akhlaq).” In appreciation of the character of the Holy Prophet himself, the Holy Quran testifies:

“And most surely you shall have a reward never to be cut off. And most surely you conform (yourself) to sublime morality.”

[surat al-Qalam, 68:3-4]

May God send His blessings on the Holy Prophet Muhammad al-Mustafa and his Holy Progeny.

(bismillah)

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said:

"None passes a graveyard except that the dead call out to him: 'O you neglectful person! Were you aware of what we have been made aware of, it would make your blood run cold'."

Irshad-ul-Qulub

Wassalam.

(bismillah)

My Great Holy Prophet (pbuh) said,

"The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence is granted. There is a certain angel who remains present with him, such that whenever he supplicates for something good for his brother, the attendant angel says "Amen" and the same for you."

(salam) to all brothers and sisters

(bismillah)

"The Most Beneficent sends His mercy on the merciful. The Most High and Exalted said, have mercy on those who are on earth, and the One in heaven will have mercy on you."

(bismillah)

"Allah will shelter seven under His shade on the Day when there will be no shade but His. A just ruler (imam), a youth who has been brought up in worship of Allah. A man whose heart is attached to the mosque from the time he leaves it until he returns to it. Two persons who love each other, come together and part only for Allah's sake. A person whose eyes are flooded with tears when in solitude, he remembers Allah. A man who refuses the approaches of a beautiful woman of noble birth saying, I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds, and a man who gives charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given."

(bismillah)

"The Most superior appeal for Allah's forgiveness is for you to say, O Allah, you are my Lord, and there is no God but You. You created me and I am Your servant and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise to you to the best of my ability. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have committed. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed on me, and I acknowledge before you all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive me, for none has the power to forgive sins except You alone. "

(bismillah)

"The one who looks after a widow or a poor person is like a Mujahid (warrior) in the cause of Allah, or like him who performs prayers all the night and fast all the day."

Salam to all Brothers and Sisters

(bismillah)

"The one who looks after a widow or a poor person is like a Mujahid (warrior) in the cause of Allah, or like him who performs prayers all the night and fast all the day. "

(bismillah)

"Doing good deeds protects one from calamities, charity given secretly extinguishes the wrath of the Lord, keeping good relations with one's relative increases one's life span. Every good deed is a form of charity. Those who do right in this world are those who do right in the Hereafter; whereas those who do wrong in this world are those who do wrong in the Hereafter, and the first to enter Paradise are those who do right."

Maula Rasoolallah SAWAW said:

Those people who have completed forty years of age, are like crops whose time of harvesting has neared.

Those who complete fifty years, hear a voice calling out, What good deeds have you sent forth before you,

and what are you leaving behind you?

Those who reach sixty years of age are ordered to become ready for accounting in Qayamat.

Those who reach seventy years of age, hear a voice calling out, Count yourself among the dead.

Reference: Manazil-ul-Aakhirah (Stages of the Hereafter)

----------------------------------------------------

For him who accuses falsely a male or female believer or ascribes to them false things, Allah will detain him on a hill of fire, on the Day of Ressurection, unless he provides justifiable excuse.

Do not hit your babies since their crying has a meaning. The first four months of crying is professing the unity of God, the second four months of crying is sending salutations to the Prophet (s) and his household, and the third four months of crying is praying for the parents.

Reference: Bihaarul Anwaar, Volume-60, Page-381

Whoever wishes to see Adam AS in his knowledge, Noah AS in his piety, Ibraham AS in his forbearance, Moosa AS in his strength, and Eesa AS in his worship and devotion should look at Maula Ali Ibne Abi Talib ASWS.

Sometimes only half of the prayer gets accepted while at other times may be one-third, one fourth, one-fifth, and one-tenth of it will be accepted. Some of the prayers like an old wrapped cloth are pounded upon the offerer's head. As a matter of fact, only that portion of the prayer will be accepted from you, in which you have paid heartily attention towards God-Almighty.

Each servant (of God), while standing in prayer pays attention towards other than Him, God-Almighty says: 'Oh my servant! Which way are you turning your face ? Who is the one you are looking for ? Do you seek a God and protector other than me ? Are you looking for a benevolent other than me? While, I remain to be the Most Merciful among merciful, Most Compassionate among benevolent and happens to be the Greatest Bestower. I will bestow upon you such a reward that could not be counted. Pay attention towards Me, because I and my angels are paying attention towards you.

Thus, if the prayer offerer paid attention towards God-Almighty, his past sins are deleted. But again if he pays attention towards others (than God), he is reminded by God-Almighty like before. If he turns his attention towards prayer, his sins and negligence from prayer are pardoned and their effects are nullified.

If for the third time he deviates his attention from the prayer, God-Almighty once more repeats his earlier warning, in case he paid attention towards the prayer, again his sins are pardoned. But if he deviated his attention away from the prayer for the fourth time, then God-Almighty and his angels turn their faces away from the prayer offerer and God-Almighty says to him: ' Now I have assigned you to the guardianship of someone who is liked by you.

Exhort each other in goodness and refrain each other from evil. When you se inept and dishonorable people being obeyed and desires being followed, the world being given precedence [over hereafter] and each one considering his own opinion to be correct, then at that time protect yourself. Keep yourself away from the conversations of the people. Because a time is going to come when being patient would be like holding fire in one's hand. In those times the reward that a person will get on acting upon his responsibilities would be equal to the reward of fifty people living in another era.

Reference: Kamaluddin, Vol-2, Page-414

The messenger of Allah (saww) said: “By Allah (swt) faith cannot enter the heart of anyone if he does not love my nearest relatives for the sake of Allah (swt) and for the sake of the nearest relatives”. (Durre Manthoor and Zakhairul Uqba, Ihya-il Mayyit be Fazaile Ahlul-Bayt, hadith 4 Shaykh Jalaluddin Suyuti).

(bismillah)

"Well done to the one who is humble without lack of respect, who depreciates himself without being submissive, who spends frothe money he gathers lawfully, who associates with the religiously learned and the wise and is merciful to the meek and the humble. Well done to the one who humbles himself, earns his living legally, is good in his hidden thoughts, honorable in public, and does not harm others. Well done to the one who practices what he learned, who spends the surplus of his wealth, and keeps to himself what is unnecessary to say. "

My Great Prophet (SAWAW ) said,

"The people most prone to trials with afflictions are the prophets and then the most pious and then the next in piety and so on. A man is tried according to the strength of his belief. If his belief is firm, his trial will be harder, and if his belief is weak, he is tried accordingly. A servant of Allah will go on being tried with afflictions until he walks on earth free of sins.

Happy Birthday to your prophet :)

Brother/Sister purple001

You are too late to say this, but anyhow I am very thankful to you for this.

My Great Holy Prohpet (pbuh) said,

"Purity is half of faith. "Praise be to Allah" fills the scale, "Glory be to Allah and praise be to Allah" fills the space between heaven and earth. Prayer is light, charity is a proof, patience is illumination, and the Qur'an is an argument in or against your favor. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin. "

(bismillah)

"How wonderful is the believer's case, for there is good for him in everything, and this is exclusive only for believers. If something good happens to him, he is thankful and that is good for him, and if an adversity comes his way, he is patient, and that too is good for him. "

"Verily, the Imaam has a praised station, a supreme rank and universal sovereignty to which authority and command submit all the atoms of this universe. And of the imperatives of our religion is that our Imaams occupy a praised station which is accessible by neither a close angel nor a sent prophet"

Is this true?

Seems funny that you offer ASSALAMO ALAIKUM in your posts at the end, instead of beginning.

(salam) brother/sister

It may be very funny, but it is too sad to state that brothers and sisters do not say (wasalam) while replying to my post. Moreover to this I usually avoid and request giving replies to unrelated issues here on this forum as this will take away this thread from its original spirit. May Allah Almighty bless you.

The Prophet an “Ummi”

By: Ali Khalfan

One of the specific challenges in the Quran to prove its miraculous nature is the position of the recipient of the revelation, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

In one of the verses, Allah commands the prophet to say to his people that before the revelation, he lived a lifetime among them. During this time, he had not received any formal education; nor did he write even a single line of poetry or read anything. Muhammad was an orphan and a poor shepherd behind those mountains where he was commissioned by Allah to spread the message of Islam.

“Say: If Allah had desired (otherwise) I would not have recited it to you, nor would He have taught it to you; indeed I have lived a lifetime among you before it; do you not then understand?” (10:16)

What is the meaning of the statement, “The Prophet was an Ummi”?

“Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel…” (7:157)

‘Allamah Tabatabaei in his Tafsir al-Mizan (English volume 1) says the word “Ummi” is related to the word al-Umm (= mother) probably because the mother is so much in love with her child that she does not entrust the child to any outside teacher other than herself. In the same way, Allah loves His Messenger so much so that He teaches him rather than allowing his mind to be touched by a human teacher! Hence we say that the Prophet was like a flower nourished by the Eternal Gardner.

Some people say that the word “Ummi” means the inhabitant (one of the illiterates) of Makkah like in the term ‘al-Umm al-Qura.’ However, most exegetes and scholars agree that the word “Ummi” when used for the Prophet in the Quran means “unschooled” or “unlettered” but not “illiterate” and has a special relation to the miraculous nature of the Quran.

Did the Prophet read or write anything before the revelation?

“And you did not recite before it any book, nor did you transcribe one with your right hand, for then could those who say untrue things have doubted.” (29:48)

This verse clearly proves that the Prophet did not read or write anything before the Quran. Does it mean therefore that the Prophet could not read or write anything? We all know that reading and writing are some of the tools used to acquire and share knowledge. Since Allah has given the Prophet the required knowledge, therefore there is no need of such tools because the knowledge is already had. This kind of knowledge is called “intuitive knowledge” and has to include the ability to read and write if needed.

Did the Prophet read or write anything during the revelation?

The opinions among the scholars and exegetes are mixed regarding this issue. However, even those who say that the Prophet did write during the prophetic call, unanimously agree that it was very little that the prophet wrote for example the writing and signing of treaties, etc. Those who say that the Prophet did not read or write anything during this period do not imply that he could not read or write.

Conclusions:

The position that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was an Ummi - in the sense that he did not read or write anything during his lifetime, is one of the proofs that the Quran is indeed the word of God and a living miracle. When the Quran was revealed, the giants of literature were reduced to pygmies and the experts in poetry were tongue-tied. However, one should not misconstrue the word Ummi to mean “illiterate” because the prophet had intuitive knowledge and his teacher was the Almighty God Himself.

(salam)

'Ummi' is also a word used to describe to a person who is part of a community or society, it doesn't necessarily mean he was illiterate.

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Ummi - so that nobody could claim that the Holy Prophet SA read verses from the Torah and the Injeel and wrote them down in the Holy Qur'an, God forbid.

(bismillah)

"Be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. And a man keeps on telling the truth and striving for it until, in the sight Allah, he is named truthful. So beware of lying, for lying leads to depravity, and depravity leads to the Fire. On the other hand, another man keeps on telling lies and striving for it until, in the sight of Allah, he is named a liar."

(bismillah)

"Backbiting is to tell things about your Muslim brother which he hates to be told. A man asked, what if my brother has such defects? The Prophet answered, "if your brother has such defects, you backbited him, if not, you slandered him."

(bismillah)

"Say, O Allah! Creator of heavens and the earth, knower of both the hidden and the seen, the Lord and sovereign of everything, I bear witness that there is no god but You, I seek refuge with You from the evil of my self, and the evil and trap of Satan. Say it in the morning and in the evening and when you retire to bed."

(bismillah)

(salam) to all brothers and sisters.

"Say, O Allah! I have wronged myself very much, and none can forgive sins but You. Then bestow Your forgiveness upon me, and have mercy on me, indeed You are the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful."