Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How much money is required to marry

Rate this topic

• Unregistered

Salam all.

when I grow up, I want to marry lots of women, beautiful ones. most likely reverts, since I like scandinavian girls, our eastern ones.

so I guess I need money for that.

honest question:

how much money do I need to make a year to marry beautiful women, lots of them not just 1.

• Veteran Member

Why on earth you think all women thinks a like and marry with someone who is already married or Divorcee ? Open your eyes and see the reality. Women is not matter of fun. You mother is a women , your sister is a women. So its good to respect them and don't rush towards them for there outer " beauty " . And let me remind you this relation " Marriage " is going to be asked in Akhira and i am sure as your username is " Akhira is Real " then always remember " Akhira is really real "

• Advanced Member
On 12/21/2016 at 12:38 AM, alirex said:

Why on Earth you think all women thinks a like and marry with someone who is already married or Divorcee ? Open your eyes and see the reality. Women is not matter of fun. You mother is a women , your sister is a women. So its good to respect them and don't rush towards them for there outer " beauty " . And let me remind you this relation " Marriage " is going to be asked in Akhira and I am sure as your username is " Akhira is Real " then always remember " Akhira is really real "

Chill he has a dream. Let him dream.

Why is it that when it comes to money everyone is like oh the Ahlul Bayt worked and making money is good its not bad to have money in this dunya I don't love the dunya if I have a lot of money blah blah blah..

When it comes to women we become hypocrites almost. Imam Ali(عليه السلام) married many women at the same time, many other Imams married plenty of wives the Prophet married 9 wives. Imam Hassan(عليه السلام) married so many women not in a bad way of course but read the history. Marrying lots of beautiful women to satisfaction is like gaining money it isn't a bad thing but we should still focus on being zuhud being careful with the dunya like Imam Ali(عليه السلام) and the last thing we should do is judge each other for liking money or beautiful women.

I say good luck to you brother AkhiraisReal in your dream. Get a good job focus be an alpha male successful  and make money don't forget to donate to your religion that will help you. Pray and make dua to Allah for those beautiful women that you want. Allah will help you inshallah.

• Unregistered
1 hour ago, certainclarity said:

:D If you solely marry for their beauty you will become abdul nisa ( slave of women) , if you marry for Allah to help and support needy momin women you become Abdullah ( slave of Allah) ... lol

what if i marry for their beauty, but its all for the sake of our imam and to get closer to Allah.

• Advanced Member

I'm hoping your post is a joke, but here you go.

You can't marry multiple women unless they're all satisfied with you having more than one wife. And not only that, you should be financially and emotionally stable to do this. 

In terms of marrying one woman, money doesn't buy marriage for a marriage to last. If you're basing a marriage off of money itself, you'll need to have stacks and stacks, since once you lose all that money, you're going to lose the girl too. 

Try to wait a couple of years and find out what real love is, then think of this question again ;) 

• Veteran Member

@Al Hadi Assumptions are baseless things. So don't assume. Read my comment several times so that it can give you another angle too. Not just what you want. Money is also not matter of fun like Sheikh of Arab are doing .. Making Toilets of Gold , Cars of Gold. I am also against that too. So your comment is baseless regarding money too.

Edited by alirex
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Palabras said:

You can't marry multiple women unless they're all satisfied with you having more than one wife. And not only that, you should be financially and emotionally stable to do this. 

:salam:

Please don't make up Islamic Laws. There is no obligation that wife #1 has to be satisfied and okay with her husband having a second marriage for the marriage to be either halal or correct.

The only way it can be haram is if the first wife puts it in her marriage contract, but evem then the second marriage will be legitimate (although he will have sinned for breaking the contract).

Unless he is marrying a Christian or a Jewish woman to be his second wife, where the consent of the first wife (Muslimah) is obligatory.

Edited by E.L King
  • Unregistered
17 hours ago, E.L King said:

Please don't make up Islamic Laws. There is no obligation that wife #1 has to be satisfied and okay with her husband having a second marriage for the marriage to be either halal or correct.

my bro :)

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, E.L King said:

The only way it can be haram is if the first wife puts it in her marriage contract, but evem then the second marriage will be legitimate (although he will have sinned for breaking the contract).

Unless he is marrying a Christian or a Jewish woman to be his second wife, where the consent of the first wife (Muslimah) is obligatory.

I suppose I should have used "shouldn't" instead of "can't", to reflect my own personal opinion. 

Polygamy in Islam is always going to be based off of whether the marriage between all of these wives are just or not. All of the women have to be treated equal in terms of justice and fairness. Sayed Muhammad Rizvi elaborates on this and says that the husband should be financially responsible and be able to maintain finances with more than one wife. 

In my opinion, it would only seem fair and equal to have each spouse know that the husband is undergoing several marriages. Because of this, if one marriage had one thing available for one wife, then he must do the same for the next, according to Sayed Mustafa Qazwini. In my understanding, there would be no other way to have multiple marriages without letting your spouses know that you have multiple wives. If you dedicate time to one wife, you must do the same to the other(s). 

Regardless, consent of the first wife to marry multiple wives is a law in many countries where polygamy is still allowed, and the law of the land is something that must be followed. 

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/concept-polygamy-and-prophets-marriages-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi

https://www.al-islam.org/a-new-perspective-women-islam-fatma-saleh-moustafa-al-qazwini/chapter-8-polygamy

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, alirex said:

@Al Hadi Assumptions are baseless things. So don't assume. Read my comment several times so that it can give you another angle too. Not just what you want. Money is also not matter of fun like Sheikh of Arab are doing .. Making Toilets of Gold , Cars of Gold. I am also against that too. So your comment is baseless regarding money too.

You misunderstood me I knew exactly what you were saying. I wasn't talking about money in terms of Saudi shaykhs and what not. There are shias with the attitude I was talking about you need to reread my post not the other way around. I didn't assume anything btw I was pointing something out that I see in our shia communities you assumed I was talking about something else so you don't assume.

• Advanced Member

There is no obligation to treat all the wives equally, even if it is recommended:

Question: What is the meaning of “justice” required by religious law in dealing with one’s wives?

Answer: The justice that is required [in dealing with polygamy] is related to the division [of time between them] in the sense that when he spends a night with one of them then, he must spend one night each with the rest of them in every four nights.The justice that is required as a recommendation is equality in spending money, giving attention, cheerfulness, and fulfillment of their sexual needs, etc.

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/marriage

Edited by E.L King
  • Forum Administrators

Just fill out this budget for yourself then try to calculate how much cash you would need if you have 4 hypothetical wives. Add extra cash for each hypothetical child. :) 

month budget.jpg

• Development Team

As Hassan- said, it depends on your country. As an example, If you live in the US and you marry 4 wives and have 4 children (one from each wife), the nine people (including yourself) would need $50,000 a year in order to survive at the poverty level.

https://familiesusa.org/product/federal-poverty-guidelines

• Forum Administrators
On 12/22/2016 at 10:22 PM, wolverine said:

As an example, If you live in the US and you marry 4 wives and have 4 children (one from each wife), the nine people (including yourself) would need $50,000 a year in order to survive at the poverty level.

https://familiesusa.org/product/federal-poverty-guidelines

By the way, it's illegal to marry more than 1 wife in the US. Hypothetically, that $50,000 a year minimum was calculated assuming that all of you live together. Actually you would need 4 houses or apartments, 4 televisions, 4 toasters, 4 sets of furniture, etc., for your 4 families. Your 4 wives would not like to live in the same place and see your other wives on a daily basis. $50,000 would definitely not be enough. 

• Moderators
On 12/22/2016 at 10:32 PM, hameedeh said:

By the way, it's illegal to marry more than 1 wife in the US. Hypothetically, that $50,000 a year minimum was calculated assuming that all of you live together. Actually you would need 4 houses or apartments, 4 televisions, 4 toasters, 4 sets of furniture, etc., for your 4 families. Your 4 wives would not like to live in the same place and see your other wives on a daily basis. $50,000 would definitely not be enough. 

Imagine you and your 4 wives shared one bed haha, that wouldn't be right.