Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Debate over current situation in Syria

Rate this topic

Ali_Hussain

The sunni brothers/sisters took a great interest in syria, forming media outlets, strong social media campaigns, ultimately being misguided and only partially right.

The shias [in the west] in my view, were apathetical, did nothing, and it was up to the non-muslim journalists for the most part to do anything.

Then lets all pray for the coming of Imam Mahdi ajfs...

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

I love the Canadian Mona Lisa and Sillly Dilly is obnoxious you can easily tell he is secterian.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

His line of argumentation was weak as well, it wasn't long before he resorted to the "you have no humanity card"

His claims that the BBC was unbiased and then his sighting the Ghouta chemical attack was just laughable.

• Advanced Member

Hardly any crushing done here. A nice debate though.

Eva did not have good answers to counter and kept resorting to "don't interject me" pleas although she kept doing it herself. Dilly used good arguments, was short on evidence on some points, was spot-on on others. Dilly was absolutely unequivocal on his condemnation of Iran's role in Syria and KSA's role in Yemen. RT host / Eva were left speechless with that as they weren't really expecting that. RT tried to interject US attack in Mosul to counter any condemnation of Russia and got a straight forward no-bull[Edited Out] answer from Dilly. Quickly ended the discussion there then. 

Just because someone is against Iran/Bashar/Russia alliance does not make him sectarian exactly like you don't become sectarian being against GCC/US/UK alliance in yemen.

It's all politics folks, calm down. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ali_Hussain said:

His line of argumentation was weak as well, it wasn't long before he resorted to the "you have no humanity card"

His claims that the BBC was unbiased and then his sighting the Ghouta chemical attack was just laughable.

He never said BBC was unbiased , he said all media outlets have their stated aims/propaganda, some more than the others. Nowadays RT is beloved by bashar supporting shias because it is pro-assad pro-russia propaganda. BBC will be as neutral as you can get mate... don't kid yourself. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Zigzag said:

He never said BBC was unbiased , he said all media outlets have their stated aims/propaganda, some more than the others. Nowadays RT is beloved by bashar supporting shias because it is pro-assad pro-russia propaganda. BBC will be as neutral as you can get mate... don't kid yourself. 

BBC is neutral? Am I hearing this right?

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

BBC is neutral? Am I hearing this right?

LOL, I laughed at this too. RT is biased too though. I trust the independent journalists reporting on the ground who have no reason to lie and they have mostly said the opposite of what the corporate media is saying. Combine this with the fact that the US regime change agendas were very well planned before the uprising even happened makes me distrust most of the stuff that comes out of the western media. I bought into some of their lies too, but as I have done more research about the agendas being very clear from the very beginning, I don't trust anything that comes out of any western media anymore. There are atrocities on the government side too don't get me wrong, but I am finding it hard to believe why Assad would kill his own people on purpose, that makes it harder for him to hold on to power.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Zigzag said:

BBC isn't neutral, it certainly wasn't at the start of the conflict, obviously now that the rebels have shown their true colours and so much of it is being exposed, certain main stream media outlets have to reports on some of the atrocities committed by the opposition.