In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Selam brothers and sister

I wonder

If a man who is a muslim does a sin and repent and again and again and again does the same sin althought he knows its a sin and after doing it he feels bad but its hard for him to stop it although he tried,if he is in such sinning and repenting circle is his tawba valid?

Is Allah angry on him?

• Advanced Member

Allah is merciful and he will forgive your sins. Try to avoid sins and have faith in Allah

Hopelessness in Du’a is Yās

Many scholars believe that to discontinue invocation is a sign of despair. The hopeless person believes that he will not reach his destination through Du’a.

‘Qunut’ means that one accuses Allah (S.w.T.) of not being merciful and for not accepting his repentance. He thinks that whatever difficulties he suffers, are the retribution of his sins. Thus Imam Sajjad (a.s.) says in the 39th Du’a of Sahifat’ul-Sajjadiya, “I neither despair of Your Mercy nor am I in despondence regarding you. But I am aggrieved because my good deeds are less in number and bad deeds numerous. Otherwise Your position is so high that not a single creature turns away dejected from you.”

There is no doubt that despondence with regard to Allah (S.w.T.) is a Greater Sin. It is one of the characteristics of the polytheists and hypocrites as mentioned by Allah (S.w.T.) in Surah al-Fath.

“And (that) He may punish the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women, and the polytheistic men and the polytheistic women, the entertainers of evil thoughts about Allah...” (Surah al-Fath 48:6)

The key is not to belittle any sin, whether it is considered a great sin or a small sin - and also - and most importantly, never to lose hope in His Mercy no matter how much sins one has stacked up.

May Allah forgive the believers all around the world. 

Edited by E.L King

• Advanced Member

"Surely I am most Forgiving to whoever repents and believes and does good deeds" (Qur’an, 20:82). ‘

"... then [if he] asks forgiveness of Allah, he shall find Allah Forgiving, Merciful" (Qur’an, 4:110).

There are many other verses that show that Allah forgives everyone who does sincere repentance. Regarding doing the same sin several times and repenting, it isn't something you should do and sinning is obviously not recommended but yes, Allah will forgive anyone who repents and is sorry for sinning. Then, if he falls into the same sin again he has to repent and try to stay away from it. Also, all humans are sinners and Allah knows that but He doesn't want to punish us he wants to forgive us we just have to work for it a little.

Here are some hadiths about the importance of repentance:

The Prophet (saw) said, 'He who repents for his sin is like one who has no sin'

Imam Ali (as) said, 'Remorse for a sin counts as seeking forgiveness'

Imam Baqir (as) said, 'By Allah! Allah wants but two traits to be present in people: to acknowledge His favours so that He may increase them and to confess their sins so that He may forgive them'