Abraram

Al-Islam Needs Fundraising (Donations)

Rate this topic

Salaam Alaikum everyone,

Over the last couple of years, Al-Islam has been focusing efforts on :
- Launching the new site, based on the Al-Islam.org 2.0 vision: http://www.al-islam.org/2.0/
- Working on a New Al-Quran Project
- Developing a mobile app for iOS and Android
- Adding several new texts & Multimedia resources to the library
- And other general improvements to the site

These efforts along with server costs and site maintenance has increased their expenses.

So far Al-Islam have been covering these expenses from donations by individuals who support the vision of Al-Islam.org.

However, now Al-Islam collections are no longer matching their monthly expenditure. And they are in urgent need of funds to continue the pace of development work. 

How you can help:

Al-Islam has put up a Support Us page, where well wishers can donate directly to them. They have a goal to raise recurring donation of $5000 a month to support current and future developments.

Please share this page with your friends by email and on Social Media, and encourage them to support the site with donations, even if the amount is small.

Thank you!
Edited by Abrar Ahmed

Another way to support al-Islam.org website is to join the amazon.com Smile program. Instead of shopping through amazon.com like you normally do, you can enter their site though smile.amazon.com instead. Then choose Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project as your charity. Whatever items you place in your cart (books, electronics, anything) a percentage of the money you pay when you check out will automatically be sent as a donation to al-islam.org

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027400-al-islamorg-website/?do=findComment&comment=2924032

3 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

they should have a total donations graphic so people know how far off target they are. have they thought of approaching ahlulbayt TV for maybe a live fundraiser?

4216213511_al-islam.png

I am sure you not clicked and scrolled the page  given in link on  main post.

9 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

they should have a total donations graphic so people know how far off target they are. have they thought of approaching ahlulbayt TV for maybe a live fundraiser?

I think Ahlulbayt TV is too looking for some donations. :D 

I feel like Shias are getting inspired by MQM. In my community there are 3 imam bargahs which need donations for expansion/ other expenses. Then they have an islamic school which needs donations. They are also asking money for jannat ul baqi project. In addition, they have other projects going on for which they are always asking money. I think we are becoming like Ismailis. They have to give all their income to community and they can only keep some amount for themselves (I have heard this from someone). I just hope that with all these donations, if a Shia becomes homeless, community is able to provide shelter. 

On 12/13/2016 at 8:34 AM, rkazmi33 said:

I feel like Shias are getting inspired by MQM. In my community there are 3 imam bargahs which need donations for expansion/ other expenses. Then they have an islamic school which needs donations. They are also asking money for jannat ul baqi project. In addition, they have other projects going on for which they are always asking money. I think we are becoming like Ismailis. They have to give all their income to community and they can only keep some amount for themselves (I have heard this from someone). I just hope that with all these donations, if a Shia becomes homeless, community is able to provide shelter. 

Quote:

"(I have heard this from someone)"