Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
110 Soldier 313

Lanat - Is Khamenei right or wrong?

Rate this topic

As-Salaam Alaykum,

I have recently read an article on the website of Ayatollah Khamenei (khamenei.it) wherein he has stated that 'It's not allowed to insult the Sunni.'

I have always been an advocate for taqleed and Marja's, but it's this type of opinion that disenchants & turns our very own youth against the principles of Taqlid.

On the face, it seems very broad however after studying the article it's clear that it's aimed at preventing the lanat as it's deemed as 'insulting' to the Sunni Muslims.

Furthermore, after having read the mentioned article it's very unclear whether the Muqallideen of Khamenei in the west are now even permitted to recite many duas & Ziyaraats such as Waritha, Ashura, Arbaeen etc as they all contain curses that will most certainly 'upset' Sunni brethren.

It doesn't help the cause when our own scholars are repelling the same people that they should be attracting.

It's clear from authentic historical sources that Lady Fatima s.a. cursed the first two usurpers after every Salat. Three Imams a.s. were present & none of them a.s. admonished Her s.a., therefore it's considered sunna. In addition, She s.a. prohibited the two from attending Her s.a. funeral & stated very clearly to them that She s.a. would complain to Rasoolullah saww regarding her treatment at their hands.

So should we disregard all this just for the fear that our fellow brethren may be insulted?

Please would someone kindly please explain this.

Jazakallah Khair.

Welcome to ShiaChat. This is one of the Rules. Please make yourself familiar with appropriate language and respect for other members.

Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) and of any of the Holy Prophet's (pbuh) wives, as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited. This involves cursing by name, swear words and defamatory language. The Moderator/Admin team also reserves the right to edit/delete or not approve posts or profile comments or ban members in accordance with the application of these rules. Respect is the only way to keep peace between the 2 parties and allow constructive discussions. In response to the bold offering of praise to the enemies of Islam and the Ahlulbayt (for example, praise of Muawiyah and Yazeed by some members on this board), the ShiaChat team have decided to warn (or ban if warnings are exhausted) any member who offers such open praise to these killers of the Ahlulbayt and the pious Companions.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/12120-faq-shiachatcom-rules-and-policy/

1 minute ago, 110 Soldier 313 said:

So does that mean my question is not allowed?

Jazakallah Khair

Bcoz you are new member she replied to read rules. Usually while signup we are bypass the rules by simple clicking Agreed without reading. So that is what she mentioned.

10 minutes ago, 110 Soldier 313 said:

So does that mean my question is not allowed?

Yes, your topic is allowed, but members need to reply with appropriate language and respect for others. 

I think what Ayatuallah Khameini (ha) is trying to say is that we should be conscious of our lanah rather than saying we should ban it. It has a time and a place and we should regard the feelings of our Sunni brothers and sisters. I don't think he wants us to stop reciting Ziyarat Ashura and Ziyarat Warthia. 

@110 Soldier 313 Arabic literate users will tell you more in details about actual meaning of " Lanat " as per hadith.

I like to post my view on your question ( agreeing / disagreeing is your choice )

Insult is never taught by our Imams (as) , bcoz insulting anyone or anyone's respectable icons will never invite them to understand you or your religion. And there are many hadith in our books related to Imam Hasan (as) as well as Imam Zainul Abedeen (as). If you read life after Karbala for Imam Zainul Abedeen (as) you will realize how he managed to generate lovers for Ahlulbait (as) from just 3 to thousands. And that is the reason when Imam Muhammas Baqir (as) started his Imamat , he got chance to educate them and so on 6th Imam ( Imam Jafar Sadiq (as)) , and for sure Imam's replied against insult was calm and polite.

Same thing our Marja is saying , whatever our Imams taught.

Its now upto us , either we want to put our EGO first or our Imams teaching ?

Ziyara-e-Ashura is open ziyarat and let me remind you , no body loves enemies of Imam Hussain (as) neither Shia nor Sunni. The controversial character where the problem starts is " Muawiya ibne Abu Sufiyan " and that is due to many fake hadith which unfortunately generated while Umayya Dinesty and i don't know how they got validated by some Scholars.

Also Imam Hussain (as) letter to Basra can help you understand things. How Imam (as)  used the wordings in that letter and how he want to unite Ummah for oppressor Yazeed ibne Muawiya.

Edited ---

If we too have same qualities like Enemies of Ahlulbait (as) , then the same Lanat came on all those who are having same Quality. When we are reciting .. Lanatul Allah ala Qaumaz Zalemeen ( Lanat on all those who do zulm ) , we have to check if we ever do zulm too or not ?

Edited by alirex

Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 2:

وَتَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْبِرِّ وَالتَّقْوَىٰ وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْوَانِ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ

and help one another in goodness and piety, and do not help one another in sin and aggression; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is severe in requiting (evil).

(English - Shakir)

I think we need to attach ourselves with Quran. All the matter which is required for the satisfaction of our hearts, is present there. So whenever you want to curse someone, I suggest you to recite the verses of Quran. 

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 89:

وَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ كِتَابٌ مِّنْ عِندِ اللَّهِ مُصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَهُمْ وَكَانُوا مِن قَبْلُ يَسْتَفْتِحُونَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُم مَّا عَرَفُوا كَفَرُوا بِهِ فَلَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 161:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَمَاتُوا وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ أُولَٰئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 61:

فَمَنْ حَاجَّكَ فِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءَنَا وَأَبْنَاءَكُمْ وَنِسَاءَنَا وَنِسَاءَكُمْ وَأَنفُسَنَا وَأَنفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَل لَّعْنَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 86-87:

كَيْفَ يَهْدِي اللَّهُ قَوْمًا كَفَرُوا بَعْدَ إِيمَانِهِمْ وَشَهِدُوا أَنَّ الرَّسُولَ حَقٌّ وَجَاءَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

أُولَٰئِكَ جَزَاؤُهُمْ أَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ اللَّهِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ

Surah Hud, Verse 18-19:

وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّنِ افْتَرَىٰ عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِبًا أُولَٰئِكَ يُعْرَضُونَ عَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ وَيَقُولُ الْأَشْهَادُ هَٰؤُلَاءِ الَّذِينَ كَذَبُوا عَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ أَلَا لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ

الَّذِينَ يَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَيَبْغُونَهَا عِوَجًا وَهُم بِالْآخِرَةِ هُمْ كَافِرُونَ

What else, you want to sèe the result of those who're unjust, recite Quran, it will give peace to your heart.

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 27-29:

وَيَوْمَ يَعَضُّ الظَّالِمُ عَلَىٰ يَدَيْهِ يَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي اتَّخَذْتُ مَعَ الرَّسُولِ سَبِيلًا

يَا وَيْلَتَىٰ لَيْتَنِي لَمْ أَتَّخِذْ فُلَانًا خَلِيلًا

لَّقَدْ أَضَلَّنِي عَنِ الذِّكْرِ بَعْدَ إِذْ جَاءَنِي وَكَانَ الشَّيْطَانُ لِلْإِنسَانِ خَذُولًا

Surah Al-Hadid, Verse 13-15:

يَوْمَ يَقُولُ الْمُنَافِقُونَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتُ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا انظُرُونَا نَقْتَبِسْ مِن نُّورِكُمْ قِيلَ ارْجِعُوا وَرَاءَكُمْ فَالْتَمِسُوا نُورًا فَضُرِبَ بَيْنَهُم بِسُورٍ لَّهُ بَابٌ بَاطِنُهُ فِيهِ الرَّحْمَةُ وَظَاهِرُهُ مِن قِبَلِهِ الْعَذَابُ

يُنَادُونَهُمْ أَلَمْ نَكُن مَّعَكُمْ قَالُوا بَلَىٰ وَلَٰكِنَّكُمْ فَتَنتُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَتَرَبَّصْتُمْ وَارْتَبْتُمْ وَغَرَّتْكُمُ الْأَمَانِيُّ حَتَّىٰ جَاءَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ وَغَرَّكُم بِاللَّهِ الْغَرُورُ

فَالْيَوْمَ لَا يُؤْخَذُ مِنكُمْ فِدْيَةٌ وَلَا مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مَأْوَاكُمُ النَّارُ هِيَ مَوْلَاكُمْ وَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ

So my brother, all is there for you. Just cling to it, this is the command of Prophet (pbuh) and I have heard this from Ayatullah Khamenei while he was stressing on the need to recite Quran everyday, He said, recite at least a page of Quran everyday. 

Edited by Engineer73

In the Quran there are very clear verses saying that Lanat(curse) of Allah is upon the oppressors and unjust, liars and zalimoon. 

You should study the history of Islam yourself and decide who were the oppressors, unjust and liars. The word of Allah(swt) comes before that of any human. 

Shiachat has its rules on cursing which have been stated above and these are to followed in order to ensure a peaceful discussion between Shias and other religions/sects.

May Allah swt curse all those who brought harm to Ahlul Bayt a.s no matter who they are, May Allah swt curse anyone past, present or future who even thinks ill of Ahlul Bayt a.s

I have many Sunni friends and most of them " SAY " they love Ahlul Bayt a.s so then they should not get upset.

Imam Al-Hussein a.s died because of what he believed in so who am I or anyone else to lie about what we believe in?

The first 3 Khalifas took there post against the rule of law, the 5th Khalifa well im just lost for words on how to describe him or his banana son who came after him.

3 hours ago, starlight said:

In the Quran there are very clear verses saying that Lanat(curse) of Allah is upon the oppressors and unjust, liars and zalimoon. 

You should study the history of Islam yourself and decide who were the oppressors, unjust and liars. The word of Allah(swt) comes before that of any human. 

Shiachat has its rules on cursing which have been stated above and these are to followed in order to ensure a peaceful discussion between Shias and other religions/sects.

Sister starlight, can you translate what this poet is saying?

Edited by Engineer73

Salam

Lanat DOES NOT MEAN curse!

Lanat in Arabic means removal of mercy. ( Rahmat)

Some of the followers of Imam Jafar al- Sadiq came to him and asked him about the sunni brothers, Imam Jafar Al- Sadiq said , your prayers with them will be considered prayer of UNITY!

If lanat means removal of mercy, what bigger removal of mercy is there, when you are not guided to the straight path?

Not being in Sirat al mostaqeem, Sirat Allah, Sirat al nabi is the biggest lanat for any one!

Those who are not on sirat al mostaqeem are already in the state of Lanat... So whether you curse someone or not, wont make any difference as not receiving guidance from Allah to be on the straight path is lanat( removal of mercy) itself....

Edited by certainclarity

6 hours ago, alirex said:

If we too have same qualities like Enemies of Ahlulbait (as) , then the same Lanat came on all those who are having same Quality. When we are reciting .. Lanatul Allah ala Qaumaz Zalemeen ( Lanat on all those who do zulm ) , we have to check if we ever do zulm too or not ?

Very good point brother, this point does not make us so called shias immune from Lanat also.

The foremost enemies of Imam Mahdi according to hadiths will be people who consider themselves shias and scholars!

8 hours ago, alirex said:

Its now upto us , either we want to put our EGO first or our Imams teaching ?

Hanan Ibn Sadir narrated:

I asked Imam al-Baqir (AS) about these two (That is Umar and Abu Bakr). He (AS) replied: "O Aba al-Fadhl! Do not ask me about them for, by Allah, non among us (Ahlul-Bayt) would die except that he is displeased with those two. No day passes to us except that we are angry with them. Indeed, they oppressed us and denied our rights and they were the first and foremost people who imposed themselves over us and opened the stream of injustice against us that does not stop until our Qa'im rises... By Allah! No affliction was set up against us and no trouble faced us Ahlul-Bayt except that those two founded its root. Thus upon those two 'are the curse of Allah and the angels and people all (2:161).'

[Ref:  Al-Kafi, vol 8, pg. 245, Hadith No 340, Bihar al-Anwar, vol 30, pg. 269, Hadith No 138, Ta'wil al-Ayat al-Dhahira, pg. 128, Hadith No 4.]

So should we disregard this narration and the countless similar narrations?

These traditions ARE the teachings of Imams a.s. this has nothing to do with ego. Tabarra is as obligatory as Salat, Saum, Hajj, Khums etc & is the 10th Furoo. So how can anyone, including Maraje, order that we compromise in our furoo just because a group of people are being upset. 

If you won't compromise on your salat, then why tabarra?

2 hours ago, certainclarity said:

Lanat DOES NOT MEAN curse!

Lanat in Arabic means removal of mercy. ( Rahmat)

I know that but it is translated as such in Qur'an, Ahadeeth, Dua's and Ziyaraats.

If you know of a better and more appropriate word then please share.

1 hour ago, Engineer73 said:

Ok this means we can send Lanat. What is curse, by the way?

We are not immune from lanat ourselves ...So if we have to send lanat, probably we should start from ourselves, if we do any kind of zulm?

So whether we send lanat or not when Allah removes any kind of his mercy from us, we are in a state of lanat.

Curse: check dictionary 

Edited by certainclarity

@110 Soldier 313 What's wrong in your Hadith ?

I think you got confused. First thing is " Insult " is not tabarra. I don't know rest places but in India and Pakistan they are literally using Vulgur words in the name of Tabarra. And that is what prohibited. No body is going to deny about what happen with Ahlulbayt (as) and what time they spend in that tough situation.

The thing is Prohibition on Insult , The problem with common people is they are mixing things and getting confused. No muslim can do salaat without Tabarra.

Ghair-il-Maghdubi 'Alaihim Walad-Dallin. (Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.)

29 minutes ago, 110 Soldier 313 said:

I know that but it is translated as such in Qur'an, Ahadeeth, Dua's and Ziyaraats.

If you know of a better and more appropriate word then please share.

There are lots of wrong translation, as there is no exact proper word to be translated exactly into English from Arabic.

Lanat as mentioned before means removal of Rahmat, no mercy of any kind.

4 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

We are not immune from lanat ourselves ...So if we have to send lanat, probably we should start from ourselves, if we do any kind of zulm?

Curse: check dictionary 

Brother I know the meaning of Lanat and I also know that by cursing our Fuqaha means lanah.

It is prohibited to send Lanah on 1, 2 & 3 and rest of Sunni symbols.

My problem is that #6 (Muawiya Laeen) is also respectable for Sunni Brothers. So i am not following this command of my Faqih. 

Just now, Engineer73 said:

Brother I know the meaning of Lanat and I also know that by cursing our Fuqaha means lanah.

My problem is that #6 (Muawiya Laeen) is also respectable for Sunni Brothers. So i am not following this command of my Faqih. 

Muawiyeh is already in the state of   Lanat. Being blocked from divine guidance is lanat. So if we say lanat, he is already in lanat and if we don't say lanat he is still in lanat.

30 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

Muawiyeh is already in the state of   Lanat. Being blocked from divine guidance is lanat. So if we say lanat, he is already in lanat and if we don't say lanat he is still in lanat.

This does not mean that we should not send lanah.

8 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 86-87:

كَيْفَ يَهْدِي اللَّهُ قَوْمًا كَفَرُوا بَعْدَ إِيمَانِهِمْ وَشَهِدُوا أَنَّ الرَّسُولَ حَقٌّ وَجَاءَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

أُولَٰئِكَ جَزَاؤُهُمْ أَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ اللَّهِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ

Surah Hud, Verse 18-19:

وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّنِ افْتَرَىٰ عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِبًا أُولَٰئِكَ يُعْرَضُونَ عَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ وَيَقُولُ الْأَشْهَادُ هَٰؤُلَاءِ الَّذِينَ كَذَبُوا عَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ أَلَا لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ

الَّذِينَ يَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَيَبْغُونَهَا عِوَجًا وَهُم بِالْآخِرَةِ هُمْ كَافِرُونَ

See 3:87, Wannaase ajmaeen

On 12/11/2016 at 6:29 AM, alirex said:

@110 Soldier 313 What's wrong in your Hadith ?

I think you got confused. First thing is " Insult " is not tabarra. I don't know rest places but in India and Pakistan they are literally using Vulgur words in the name of Tabarra. And that is what prohibited. No body is going to deny about what happen with Ahlulbayt (as) and what time they spend in that tough situation.

The thing is Prohibition on Insult , 

But he isn't asking about insult either, his question is about Lanat.

@110 Soldier 313 A better translation for Lanat would probably be Anathema.

curse or lanat the enemies of Allah swt, the Prophet pbuh and the Ahlul Bayt a.s are the scum of man kind. 

Why should we care if the haters of truth are upset ?

Do you care if an Atheist got upset by telling him he is wrong for believing there is NO Creator? 

@alirex 

Can you please provide evidence for your claim that 'Insult is not tabarra.'

Tabarra means hating the enemies of Masoomeen a.s. & staying away from them. It doesn't have any specific form or medium. Bibi Fatima s.a. recited lanah verbally on the first two after every Salat, so based upon that it's sunna to do it verbally especially as 3 Imams were present and none prohibited her from doing so. 

So in essence, even reciting ziaraat or duas which contain lanat literally, if it upsets the opposing group is an insult & is not allowed for Muqallids of Khamenei. So his muqalideen are being forced to tread on eggshells.

2 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

How can Lanat be prohibited on 1,2 & 3 when we have countless of Ahadeeth, (some of which I have mentioned in other posts), wherein our Imams a.s. have explicitly stated that they perform this action themselves & in the case of Lady Fatima s.a. no Imam a.s. ever admonished Her s.a. from doing so.

So if anything it's very commendable and highly rewarding act.

34 minutes ago, Journey of Truth said:

curse or lanat the enemies of Allah swt, the Prophet pbuh and the Ahlul Bayt a.s are the scum of man kind. 

Why should we care if the haters of truth are upset ?

Do you care if an Atheist got upset by telling him he is wrong for believing there is NO Creator? 

Exactly my point. If Sunni Muslims are upset with our azadari & see it as an insult, then that also isn't allowed according to Khamenei.

12 hours ago, zainabamy said:

I think what Ayatuallah Khameini (ha) is trying to say is that we should be conscious of our lanah rather than saying we should ban it. It has a time and a place and we should regard the feelings of our Sunni brothers and sisters. I don't think he wants us to stop reciting Ziyarat Ashura and Ziyarat Warthia. 

His statement is very clear and he has prohibited anything that insults the other parties, including many ziyaraat and duas as they contain names of people that are held in very high regard & esteem by Ahle Sunna.

I myself do not follow Khamenei as I do not believe in many of his fatwas, however I do respect him and the support Iran gives to Shia around the world.

My Marja is Abo Kassim Al Khoe.

I think that there are many people that do not want to make problems with other sects and therefore refrain from lanat and cursing however I do not agree for it to be a fatwa making it Haram. It is like Omar when he made Mutah haram after The Prophet pbuh made it halal.

These days many marja make fatwas without considering the recourse. I believe that if it was encouraged during the time of the Ahlul Bayt a.s then NO MAN can make it haram today or in any future unless Imam Al Mehdi atfs changes it.

So until then May Allah swt curse and put his lanat on all the enemies of Ahlul Bayt a.s no matter who they are from the past, present and future.

6 minutes ago, Journey of Truth said:

I myself do not follow Khamenei as I do not believe in many of his fatwas, however I do respect him and the support Iran gives to Shia around the world.

I think that there are many people that do not want to make problems with other sects and therefore refrain from lanat and cursing however I do not agree for it to be a fatwa making it Haram. It is like Omar when he made Mutah haram after The Prophet pbuh made it halal.

These days many marja make fatwas without considering the recourse. I believe that if it was encouraged during the time of the Ahlul Bayt a.s then NO MAN can make it haram today or in any future unless Imam Al Mehdi atfs changes it.

So until then May Allah swt curse and put his lanat on all the enemies of Ahlul Bayt a.s no matter who they are from the past, present and future.

Ayatullah Sistani also forbids the insulting of certian revered symbols , as do several other marji. Lana't is something that is absolutely forbidden to be done openly As for privately, i have no real authority to tell others what to do, but i certianly would ask people to reflect on the difference of saying 'i won't curse your revered symbol openly, but i'll do it privately !'. If you are going to do that and believe it is allowed, it is best to keep such a belief to yourself entirely.

Ayatullah Khamanei is not making 'fake' fatwah here my dear brother. I myself do not follow him, nor do i follow ayatullah najafi, shirazi, khorasani etc. I follow Ayatullah Sistani.

7 minutes ago, Journey of Truth said:

BESHMAAR subh o sham.

Definitely agree with you on this. I am in Taqlid of Ayatollah Seestani.

Is it not haraam for Khamenei to issue statements such as this when it divides, creates mischief and turns our very own youth against the institute of Ijtihad & real teachings of Aimma Masoomeen a.s.

To elaborate it was prior to Muharram when Khamenei's fatwa prohibited Tatbir. The result was that a lot of people sent lanat on him during Muharram and turned away a lot of people from doing taqlid & mujtahids.

I even know of individuals who have left taqlid due to statements such as this & see mujtahids as enemy of Ahle Bait a.s. Surely Khamenei must shoulder the blame for this as he is personally responsible. So while he's trying to please Ahle Sunna, the result is they're still not appeased and he's also made topic of taqlid and ijtihad almost impossible while driving away believers from teachings of Aimma Masoomeen a.s.

5 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Ayatullah Sistani also forbids the insulting of certian revered symbols , as do several other marji. Lana't is something that is absolutely forbidden to be done openly As for privately, i have no real authority to tell others what to do, but i certianly would ask people to reflect on the difference of saying 'i won't curse your revered symbol openly, but i'll do it privately !'. If you are going to do that and believe it is allowed, it is best to keep such a belief to yourself entirely.

Ayatullah Khamanei is not making 'fake' fatwah here my dear brother. I myself do not follow him, nor do i follow ayatullah najafi, shirazi, khorasani etc. I follow Ayatullah Sistani.

I never mentioned he made fake fatwas, I said I do not believe in many of his fatwas. Allah swt created for man kind a brain and with it we are to decide what is right from what is wrong. I do not even hold 1% of the knowledge that any marja holds, however Allah swt gave me a brain to evaluate what makes sense and to ask questions so that I do not follow like a sheep follows a shepherd. I do not believe in Allah swt because some marja told me to, I did because I truly believe in my heart that Allah swt is the creator. 

When a marja makes a fatwa, i as a follower of this marja or interested person, have the option of trying to understand why such a marja has made such a fatwa when it was clear back in the day of Ahlil Bayt a.s they did the very thing that is being made haram today.

Sounds a little like Omar right? 

Like I said, we all have our opinions on any given matter, its best to question when in doubt and keep questioning until you either agree with the fatwa or completely disagree and walk away. 

Imam Al Hussain a.s made a dua during Karbala I cannot remember now unto which person but he asked Allah swt to raise that person as a pig on the day of judgement. 

So If a a non shia believer is upset because i repeat what my Iman a.s said then I am sure they can find many brick walls around them to try and knock some sense into there minds.

The issue of lanat is just one of the many issues that some marja have changed the past on...Very very disappointing.