Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Lanat - Is Khamenei right or wrong?

Rate this topic

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Journey of Truth said:

curse or lanat the enemies of Allah swt, the Prophet pbuh and the Ahlul Bayt a.s are the scum of man kind. 

Why should we care if the haters of truth are upset ?

Do you care if an Atheist got upset by telling him he is wrong for believing there is NO Creator? 

We can do la'nah to the enemies of Allah (swt) like it was already recommended in Qur'an. It should be done in private. The problem is that currently in our time doing so (to the personalities Sunnis and other sects hold dear) will only cause fitnah among Muslims, and it has already spread broadly. It's not only damaging the Muslims, but it also damaging our religion. I think this is why Ayatollah Sayyad Khamenei make such an statement, to prevent this damaging in our time.

Edited by Dhulfikar
  • Advanced Member
14 hours ago, 110 Soldier 313 said:

As-Salaam Alaykum,

It's clear from authentic historical sources that Lady Fatima s.a. cursed the first two usurpers after every Salat. Three Imams a.s. were present & none of them a.s. admonished Her s.a., therefore it's considered sunna. In addition, She s.a. prohibited the two from attending Her s.a. funeral & stated very clearly to them that She s.a. would complain to Rasoolullah saww regarding her treatment at their hands.

Salamun Alaikum

According to the hadithes that we have from Jafar ibn Muhammad (AS) we should not curse them in public so that to annoy Sunnies and we should have fair behaviour with Sunnies, attend their funerals, pray with them and .......

Aslo Ali ibn abi Talib prevented his soldiers from insulting the army of Muawiah.

This is the Sunnah. If you want to curse do it in your private life and read Zyiarat Ashura and do not annoy Sunnies.

Instead use logic and so many reasons that we have about the realities of the history of Islam.

"""

'Provoking the Feelings of Sunnis is a Plot Funded by the English Treasury'

When you say offensive things, a wall is built around them whose material is anger and hard feelings. Under such circumstances, they cannot even stand listening to the truth. We have many cogent and logical ideas. We have many ideas that are cherished by anyone who thinks if they have the opportunity to hear them. You should allow these ideas to be heard. You should allow these ideas to have the opportunity to infiltrate the heart of the other side. When you swear and when you insult the other side, a dam is built around him with the result that your ideas are not heard at all. They will not listen.

Under such circumstances, malicious, dependent and mercenary groups who receive money from America, from the CIA and from other intelligence services – groups such as DAESH, Jibhat al-Nusra and other such groups – create the situation that you witness in Iraq, Syria and other countries. And they do so by using a bunch of ordinary, foolish and ignorant individuals. This is the enemy’s job. He is waiting for an opportunity. In fact, he uses every opportunity. We have many truthful, logical and firm ideas. One small example is what I said to you today. This was related to Ghadir.

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/4167/Provoking-the-Feelings-of-Sunnis-is-a-Plot-Funded-by-the-English

"""

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

Sister starlight, can you translate what this poet is saying?

I am sorry,  I could not comprehend what he was saying.Urdu poetry had never been my forte :(

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

I am sorry,  I could not comprehend what he was saying.Urdu poetry had never been my forte :(

Its ok, he was talking about 4 stones in Macca & saying " you stone 3 (shaitans) and kiss the black one with your mouth, why then you say with the same mouth that there is no difference between the four". 

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

Can we say short forms like BULB, BALB, BOLB etc. :hahaha:

No you can only curse in your private !

It is better that you curse all the enemies of ahlul bait in general.

In this regard even Sunnies may curse with you !

Edited by maes
  • Development Team
6 hours ago, alirex said:

@110 Soldier 313 What's wrong in your Hadith ?

I think you got confused. First thing is " Insult " is not tabarra. I don't know rest places but in India and Pakistan they are literally using Vulgur words in the name of Tabarra. And that is what prohibited. No body is going to deny about what happen with Ahlulbayt (as) and what time they spend in that tough situation.

The thing is Prohibition on Insult , The problem with common people is they are mixing things and getting confused. No muslim can do salaat without Tabarra.

Get familiar with this 'Saheeh' hadith then,

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)
Added link
  • Development Team
4 hours ago, 110 Soldier 313 said:

so based upon that it's sunna to do it verbally especially as 3 Imams were present and none prohibited her from doing so. 

A little correction brother. Janabe Fatema Zahra (s.a.) herself is infalliable and hujjah on us like Aimma (ams) so it doesn't require an Imam to amend her actions.

• Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

A little correction brother. Janabe Fatema Zahra (s.a.) herself is infalliable and hujjah on us like Aimma (ams) so it doesn't require an Imam to amend her actions.

She did. She (AS) should have obeyed and defended the imam of his own time Ali ibn abi Talib (AS) and she did this and she became martyred out of this.

Of course she is a hujjat for us since she is infallible and moreover she would never disobey the imam of his own time Ali ibn abi Talib (AS). 

Edited by maes
  • Advanced Member

I just cannot understand why anyone will be upset from the following statement. If you ask a Sunni if he loves Ahlul Bayt a.s he will reply yes I love them but not in the way you do?? So if you love someone why would you be upset from the following statement ? I am puzzled. 

" May Allah swt curse and send his lanat on all the enemies of Allah swt, his Prophet pbuh and the Ahlul Bayt a.s"

There is NO individual names mentioned and therefore should not be considered hate speech. 

Next you guys are going to come and say it is haram to attend a majlis for Imam Al Hussein a.s

20 hours ago, 110 Soldier 313 said:

I have never read such statement from Ayatollah Sistani. Please can you provide a reference or link.

Jazakallah

Question No. 100644

The subject of the question: Insulting the companions and wives of the prophet (s.a.w.a.)

---------------------------------------------
The Question:

as-Salamu Alykum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu,

A video clip has been seen several times on social network web sites showing a congregation during the martyrdom of al-Imam al-Jawad (a.s.). This group of people from the area known as al-A'dhamiyyah are shown shouting out insults upon 'Omar, A’isha, and others. Is this type of behavior condemned by the supreme religious authority, especially since it involves the insult of religious figures of our brothers of the Sunni school of thought, and it could potentially fuel unrest amongst the people of Iraq and jeopardize peace?

The Answer:

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful

This type of behavior is condemned, strongly denounced and contrary to the commands of the Imams of the Holy Household of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) to their followers. Allah is The Guide.

The Office of Ayatullah Sayyid al-Sistani
The Holy City of Najaf

12/2/1434

image002_0.png

Source: https://secure.imam-us.org/fatwa/companions?utm_source=Sayyid+Sistani%27s+fatwa+about+the+Prophet%27s+%28s.a.w.a.%29+companions&utm_campaign=Sistani+Companion+Sahabah&utm_medium=email

• Veteran Member

Again, rumors and misinformation

Cursing enemies of Ahlulbayt per se is something, insulting Sunnis' holy beliefs is something else. As far as I am aware, all our respected and trusted scholars forbid insulting Sunni revered figures and provoking their feelings. It’s not just Ayatullah Khamenei or Ayatullah Sistani. The reasons behind these fatawa are clear.

And no, Ayatullah Khamenei doesn’t forbid reciting Ziarat Ashura! Ziarat Ashura is an inseparable part of mourning majalis in Iran.

Here is part of Ayatullah Khamenei speech about Ziarat Ashura:

لذا، شما در زیارتعاشورا میگویید: «اللهمّ العن اول ظالم ظلم حق محمد و آل محمد» در درجه‌ی اوّل، گذارندگان خشت اوّل را لعنت میکنیم، که حق هم همین است.

So, you in Ziarat Ashuara say:"O Allah curse the first oppressor who oppressed Muhammad and progeny of Muhammad's right", in the first place we curse the initiators, which is right and should be the case.

http://farsi.khamenei.ir/speech-content?id=4790

Or about Ziarat Wareth, he says:

خون امیرالمؤمنین علیه‌الصّلاة والسّلام به قدر خون امام حسین علیه‌السّلام با ارزش است. شما در زیارت وارث میخوانید: «السّلام علیک یا ثارالله و ابن ثاره.» یعنی خدای متعال، صاحب خونِ امام حسین علیه‌السّلام و صاحب خون پدر او امیرالمؤمنین علیه‌الصّلاة والسّلام است. این تعبیر، برای هیچ کس دیگر نیامده است. هر خونی که بر زمین ریخته میشود، صاحبی دارد. کسی که کشته میشود، پدرش صاحب خون است؛ فرزندش صاحب خون است؛ برادرش صاحب خون است. خونخواهی و مالکیّت حقِّ دم را عرب «ثار» میگوید. «ثارِ» امام حسین علیه‌السّلام از آنِ خداست. یعنی حقّ خونِ امام حسین علیه‌السّلام و پدر بزرگوارش، متعلّق به خودِ خداست. صاحب خونِ این دو نفر، خودِ ذات مقدّس پروردگار است.

http://farsi.khamenei.ir/speech-content?id=4790

Here is also a news in his website about a majlis in his presence wherein Ziarat Ashura was recited:

بر پایه همین گزارش پس از اقامه نماز صبح، مراسم پررمز و راز زیارت عاشورا با حضور فرمانده کل قوا برگزار شد و طی آن رزمندگان اسلام بر استمرار راه پرافتخار و جاودانه امام حسین(ع) به عنوان سرلوحه مبارزات ضد استکباری تأکید کردند.

http://farsi.khamenei.ir/news-content?id=17856

And there are more...

So, don't trust in whatever you hear and see in the world of internet and elsewhere, and don't trust some people claiming to be Shia but in fact, knowingly or unknowingly, like Muawiah and his followers are just spreading false rumors and accusation against Shia wise scholars like Ayatullah Khamenei.

Ayatullah Khamenei is one of the most outspoken persons in the world of Shia about actions of some of the Sahabah. You should read his books and speeches to know what I am talking about. But, he doesn't insult Sunnis and their beliefs.

May Allah give us all taqwa and foresight.

• Development Team
2 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

That is question and answer. Answer is according to the question. While Ayatullah Sistani says that 'this' action is condemned he meant the situation as was in the question. He clearly meant cursing openly on streets is condemned, which is obvious and not in niche of your home or amongst brothers in closed hussainiyah. 

• Veteran Member

^ As I provided the evidences, Ayatullah Khamenei doesn’t forbid cursing those who wronged Ahlulbayt or reciting Ziarat Ashura, per se, neither does Ayatullah Sistani, I believe. The problem is some people among Shias don’t consider the fact that Insulting Sunni’s beliefs is against Ahlulbayt’s teachings.

For example, when the video in which Ayatullah Wahid clearly forbids openly cursing Sunnis’ figures issued, as I read somewhere, Yaser Al-Habib responded that: Well, he (Ayatullah Wahid) is not our marja. Our Marja is Seyed Sadiq Shirazi and we follow him.

I myself also have watched videos from Sadiq Shirazi where he promotes what Yaser Al-Habib does. So, there are certain individuals in Shias, no matter what their intention is, who are theorizing openly disrespecting Sunnis’ beliefs. While we know it’s against the teaching of Ahlulbayt as well as fatawa of our Maraja.

Here is one example:

Ayatullah Wahid:

You should not show animosity towards those who are followed by other sects, you should not express insults and curses, and abusing their respected personalities is not permissible because it will result in pushing them further away from the Ahlulbayt (s) and their teachings. It has also been stated ‘Pray in their congregational prayers, show them love, visit their sick and tell them about our words and teachings.

http://www.14publications.com/blog/ayatollah-wahid-khorasani-no-cursing/

We should be more vigilant.

On 12/12/2016 at 4:16 PM, uponthesunnah said:

Unrelated post brother, but any idea where i can get his books? Like a list of the books he has written [and how many]?

In the link below, there are some of the available books translated into English:

http://leader.ir/en/book?g=0

However, there are also many books derived from his speeches, one of which translated into English is "The 250 years old man"  that I recommend to read:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=86890197299510122756

A related news about this book:

http://sayyidali.com/news-analysis/sayyid-al-imad-the-book-a-250-years-old-man-has-changed-a-lot-of-opinions-in-regard-to-the-shia-in-yemen.html