Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Impurity?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Assalam alaykum there's something that has been bothering me for the past few weeks and I've reading that non-believers are najis. I live in a secular country when you greet you handshake, my question is if I handshake or make contact/touch one of my co-workers/classmates do I become najis and when I touch my shirt or phone does it also become najis? If so does it mean I have to make wudhu after touching my phone,computer or whatever?

Also where I study alot of people are kind and loves to joke like pushing,kicking hitting you know all these movements.

• Advanced Member

Bro it shouldn't be a problem

The state of purification is wajib only when performing religious duties, i.e. prayers, etc. Also to attempt to remain in the state of Tahara for long periods of time - it's mustahib (recommended only)

If you come into contact with a non-believer it's not as if you have committed a sin. Humans have natural forms of being in the state of Najasah too, for instance, urine, blood, etc. The term Najis is sometimes misunderstood as Sin - not true!

Whatever you touch, whether clean or not clean, it's highly recommended to do Wudhu before prayers hence one should avoid coming into contact with suspected Najasah after ablution.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Also where I study alot of people are kind and loves to joke like pushing,kicking hitting you know all these movements.

Kind kicking hitting friends lol. I am scared to ask what other movements. I used to wrestle or play dirty during footy so don't worry i know what you mean.:accident:

3 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Assalam alaykum there's something that has been bothering me for the past few weeks and I've reading that non-believers are najis. 

Salam

Non believer is Kafar كافر.

Polytheist is Mushrik مشرك.

According to Quran mushrik is najis not Kafar.

The direct words that a mushrik/ polytheist is najis is clear in the Quran:

Quran 9:28:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّمَا **الْمُشْرِكُونَ نَجَسٌ** فَلَا يَقْرَبُوا الْمَسْجِدَ الْحَرَامَ بَعْدَ عَامِهِمْ هَٰذَا

O you who believe, **the polytheists are impure**, so let them not approach the Restricted Temple after this year of theirs;

Edited by certainclarity
  • Advanced Member
On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 5:05 AM, WhoAmI said:

Assalam alaykum there's something that has been bothering me for the past few weeks and I've reading that non-believers are najis. I live in a secular country when you greet you handshake, my question is if I handshake or make contact/touch one of my co-workers/classmates do I become najis and when I touch my shirt or phone does it also become najis? If so does it mean I have to make wudhu after touching my phone,computer or whatever?

You need to understand najasah is only transferred through wetness. If you shake their hand and their hand is dry, no problem.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The trinity IS shirk and kufr in one (لقد كفر الذين قالوا إن الله ثالث ثلاثة) yet they are considered kitaabi and are not considered najas.

Therefore, not all mushrik and non-believers are najis, it is the ones who are anti-theists despite having reasoned that theism is a reality.

All non-Ahlul Kitab kuffar are najis. This is the fatwa of Sayyed Al-Sistani and other scholars. As for the najasa of Ahlul Kitab, this is the mashoor (famous) opinion of our classical scholars, but many of today's scholars don't agree with it. However there is no problem with taking precaution.