Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How do you Shias view Ibn Taymiyyah?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
Just now, sidnaq said:

lets learn about opinions for today. 

I guess I'm different. I just stopped asking questions and found many of my answers by simply searching and on the bright side many older users and discussions were very logical, non emotional and convincing I'm not sure anymore which I look for older posts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayeesha said:

I guess I'm different. I just stopped asking questions and found many of my answers by simply searching and on the bright side many older users and discussions were very logical, non emotional and convincing I'm not sure anymore which I look for older posts. 

oh allright. umm sure whatever works best for you. heh cool 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

The father and the facilitator of modern terrorist groups who claim Islam as their religion, i.e. Al Qaida, Nusra, ISIS, etc.

To be more clear, Ibn Taymiyya and other pseudo scholars such as Muhammad ibn Adbul Wahab are the ideological fathers. The facilitators, in terms of direct support are Al Saud family and Gulf Kingdoms. 

 

Edited by Abu Hadi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Is he considered a heretic or someone with a different opinion of what the meaning of the Islamic religion?

If you read his books you can find many bad things 
related to Allah swt . he make a picture as if Allah is a body 

related to the prophet he said many thing you can understand from that he forbid the shaffaa, and visiting him , even Sunni scholars critique him .

and also  he tried hardly to decrease the prestige of Alh albayet in all of his writing , that I have read

and finally he announced that SHia is more dangerous than Jew people and Christians , now all fanatic and terrorist People take this Idea and kill Shia everywhere >   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
59 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

The father and the facilitator of modern terrorist groups who claim Islam as their religion, i.e. Al Qaida, Nusra, ISIS, etc.

To be more clear, Ibn Taymiyya and other pseudo scholars such as Muhammad ibn Adbul Wahab are the ideological fathers. The facilitators, in terms of direct support are Al Saud family and Gulf Kingdoms. 

 

Yes, it's true 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Development Team
8 hours ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Is he considered a heretic or someone with a different opinion of what the meaning of the Islamic religion?

Well like @Abu Hadisaid, Ibn Taymiyyah  is essentially a spiritual forefather to Al Qaeda and Daesh.  He is considered a legitimate Sunni scholar of Hanbali fiqh and a huge influence on the Salafis/Wahhabis and jihadis. 

I consider his writings quite dangerous as a Shia.

@ChristianVisitor do yourself a favor and watch this: 

This will help you understand our view of Ibn Taymiyyah. 

 

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Ibn Taymiyya's view of us?

Shaikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said about the Raafidah, “They are more evil than most of the people of desires, and they are more deserving of being killed than the Khawaarij. [Refer to Majmoo’ul-Fataawaa (28/482) of Ibn Taymiyyah]

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

'' He is considered a legitimate Sunni scholar of Hanbali fiqh ''

Fun fact, there are maliki, ash'ari, maturidi and hanafi scholars (both present and those of the past) who gave him zero credit and didn't consider him knowledgable at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...