Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Memorizing Quran and Du'a

Rate this topic

Nadia.

• Advanced Member

bismillah

salaam,

Does anybody have any useful tips when it comes to memorizing Quran and du'a? It is pretty easy for me, for example I can memorize a shorter surah in about 10-20 minutes. But now I'm trying to memorize Ziyarat Ashura and there aren't any repeating videos on youtube as there are with many surahs in the Quran. I also find it a bit hard to follow along in a recitation that isn't "easy" i.e has a lot of pauses and holds if you understand what I mean. I do read arabic but it doesn't go so well when I try to read it while listening to a recitation at the same time, maybe I should do this anyway to be able to read fast in arabic?

So, does anybody have tips regarding how to memorize Quran AND Ziyarat Ashura? And please share your own experience if you have memorized longer surahs or the Ziyarat, how did you do it, did you do anything special etc. I hope anybody has some advice and that I and others can benefit from it inshAllah

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Nadia. said:

bismillah

salaam,

Does anybody have any useful tips when it comes to memorizing Quran and du'a? It is pretty easy for me, for example I can memorize a shorter surah in about 10-20 minutes. But now I'm trying to memorize Ziyarat Ashura and there aren't any repeating videos on youtube as there are with many surahs in the Quran. I also find it a bit hard to follow along in a recitation that isn't "easy" i.e has a lot of pauses and holds if you understand what I mean. I do read arabic but it doesn't go so well when I try to read it while listening to a recitation at the same time, maybe I should do this anyway to be able to read fast in arabic?

So, does anybody have tips regarding how to memorize Quran AND Ziyarat Ashura? And please share your own experience if you have memorized longer surahs or the Ziyarat, how did you do it, did you do anything special etc. I hope anybody has some advice and that I and others can benefit from it inshAllah

in terms of the holy qouran there is some thing called the educational Qu'ran Reciting , I depends on repeating 
like this

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, amr said:

in terms of the holy qouran there is some thing called the educational Qu'ran Reciting , I depends on repeating 
like this

That's how I have learnt the surahs I know, but if I'm trying to learn a longer one, maybe I should divide it into smaller parts and then learn one part each time (because I tend to do the whole surah at once and that's probably not very good when you do the longer ones). And thanks for the videos you provided :) 

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Nadia. said:

That's how I have learnt the surahs I know, but if I'm trying to learn a longer one, maybe I should divide it into smaller parts and then learn one part each time (because I tend to do the whole surah at once and that's probably not very good when you do the longer ones). And thanks for the videos you provided :) 

Yea, try to learn one Part  each time and repeat it , and begin with Short Surah , 
best regards