Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
.InshAllah.

More murder in kids films than adult films (BMJ)

Rate this topic

British Medical Journal (BMJ) Abstract:

Objectives To assess the risk of on-screen death of important characters in children’s animated films versus dramatic films for adults.

Design Kaplan-Meier survival analysis with Cox regression comparing time to first on-screen death.

Setting Authors’ television screens, with and without popcorn.

Participants Important characters in 45 top grossing children’s animated films and a comparison group of 90 top grossing dramatic films for adults.

Main outcome measures Time to first on-screen death.

Results Important characters in children’s animated films were at an increased risk of death compared with characters in dramatic films for adults (hazard ratio 2.52, 95% confidence interval 1.30 to 4.90). Risk of on-screen murder of important characters was higher in children’s animated films than in comparison films (2.78, 1.02 to 7.58).

Conclusions Rather than being the innocuous form of entertainment they are assumed to be, children’s animated films are rife with on-screen death and murder.

http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7184

Edited by .InshAllah.

5 hours ago, .InshAllah. said:

Conclusions Rather than being the innocuous form of entertainment they are assumed to be, children’s animated films are rife with on-screen death and murder.

http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7184

Popular topics for parents who have elementary school children are "Explain death to a child" or "Teaching children about death". Perhaps film companies know that and reflect that in their scripts. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

During majils, I had children sit around me and I was explaining to them what happened with Imam Hussain.  I was looking at those precious faces and they were listening to me attentively.  Their ages ranged from 4 years-10 years.  I had to stop explaining what happened to Imam Hussain at one point because I don't think children can handle hearing a beheading or horses crushing Imam Hussain's body.   I can't tell them how Shimr LA sat on his body and with a dull knife ....

Assalamu 3laka ya Aba Abd Allah.

I couldn't tell the children what happened, yet Sayyida Roqaya and Sayyida Sokayna witnessed the body of their father.  And saw the heads being carried in front of them while they were prisoners walking to Shaam.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALAH