Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I got interviewed for an Iranian news channel

Rate this topic

• Development Team
3 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

:salam:

Here is my interview I did with an Iranian tv channel while I was in Karbala in Farsi for my Iranian bretherin. As for you English folks, Google does an awful translation unfortunately.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/ur/news/2016/12/08/1261526/برطانیہ-سے-تعلق-رکھنے-والی-عیسائی-خاتون-نے-بھی-مذہب-حقہ-قبول-کر-لیا-تصاویر

:NH:

Well, you're famous. :D

wait i can understand this, i dont think this is farsi, i think this is urdu.Can some other pakistani confirm that the rest of the interview is indeed in urdu, cuz i think its urdu, i can read it.

برطانیہ سے تعلق رکھنے والی عیسائی خاتون نے بھی مذہب 

حقہ قبول کر لیا + تصاویر

i can translate this, and i dont think so it would be the same in farsi.unless an iranian disagrees with me.I can translate it roughly to say.i mean there are other words in there that i can understand but i dont know how to translate them.it sort of says A British Christian woman also accepted the faith+ tasaaweer, which i dont know what that means,does it mean pictures 

Edited by sidnaq

@zainabamy this is your name in urdu tho 

ایمی ہاڈکنز نے

and forthe rest, see you guys, this is urdu ,

ایمی ہاڈکنز (زینب صغریٰ): سب سے پہلی دفعہ اسلام کے بارے میں اس وقت سنا جب میری عمر اٹھارہ سال تھی۔ مصر کا دورہ  کسی بھی اسلامی ملک کا میرا پہلا دورہ تھا۔ اس وقت اسلام کے متعلق کچھ نہیں جانتی تھی، جس کے باعث بہت زیادہ دلچسپی لی۔ بس اتنا ہی پتہ تھا جتنا میڈیا پر دکھایا جاتا تھا۔ جب اسلام کا مطالعہ شروع کیا تو میں اسلام کی اعلیٰ اقدار اور سادگی سے بہت متاثر ہوئی، ہمیں بتایا گیا کہ مخلوق کی بجائے خالق کی عبادت کی جائے۔ پھر جب مجھے نبی اکرم صلی اللہ علیہ و آلہ وسلم کی شخصیت سے متعلق بتایا گیا، تو میں آپ (ص) کے عشق میں ڈوب گئی۔ آپ (ص) کی ساری زندگی انصاف اور مساوات کی خاطر گزری، جس کے لئے آپ نے طرح طرح کے مصائب اور نفرتوں کا سامنا کیا۔ عام انسان اس انداز میں مردانہ وار مصائب و تکالیف کا سامنا نہیں کر سکتا، وہ بہت ہی خاص تھے۔

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

You speak very good farsi, no doubt about it masha'Allah 

32 minutes ago, Vestige said:

W/s

Masha'Allah, didn't know you could speak Farsi.

It may have given me cancer.

Lool. :hahaha: I suprise myself sometimes...

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, sidnaq said:

wait i can understand this, i dont think this is farsi, i think this is urdu.Can some other pakistani confirm that the rest of the interview is indeed in urdu, cuz i think its urdu, i can read it.

برطانیہ سے تعلق رکھنے والی عیسائی خاتون نے بھی مذہب 

حقہ قبول کر لیا + تصاویر

i can translate this, and i dont think so it would be the same in farsi.unless an iranian disagrees with me.I can translate it roughly to say.i mean there are other words in there that i can understand but i dont know how to translate them.it sort of says A British Christian woman also accepted the faith+ tasaaweer, which i dont know what that means,does it mean pictures 

Well yeah, it's in the Urdu section of the website:

https://www.tasnimnews.com/ur/news/2016/12/08/1261526/برطانیہ-سے-تعلق-رکھنے-والی-عیسائی-خاتون-نے-بھی-مذہب-حقہ-قبول-کر-لیا-تصاویر

• Moderators

@zainabamy Mashallah, congrats on yet another accomplishment. :grin:

Did they conduct the interview in Farsi and then translate it into Urdu? The version from the link is entirely in Urdu.

11 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Here is my interview I did with an Iranian tv channel while I was in Karbala in Farsi for my Iranian bretherin. As for you English folks, Google does an awful translation unfortunately.

:NH:

Salam sister.

Am I missing something? That is a Pakistani  news website and there is no video, are you speaking Farsi in your interview? All the text  is in Urdu not Farsi.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, sidnaq said:

but the thing is in urdu are you talking about me? cuz the llink is in urdu.

No, I was trying to be funny (although I didn't notice that the text was in Urdu) ((I was talking about sister zainabamy))

Edited by Ali_Hussain

May the Almighty grants you steadfastness & pour patience on you Sister. 

Surah Al-Ahqaf, Verse 13:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوا فَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

Surely those who say, Our Lord is Allah, then they continue on the right way, they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

(English - Shakir)

• Veteran Member

An interesting fact that I understood from the translation, you mention staying a whole night in a mosque in Egypt asking God almighty to guide you. 

I think that is very important that we allow unbelievers to enter masajid, however today there is this 'rule' that non muslims are not allowed in. I witnessed and even experienced this in muslim touristic countries and also in holy shrines. 

I wonder if you would have felt attracted to Islam if a fat bearded guy had bounced you from the mosque because you looked too 'white'.

That being said, congrats for the itw :)

Edited by realizm