Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
kiptanui

Does hijab make a girl look different?

Rate this topic

i got introduced to a good girl. i met her many times but not sure if attracted .... i cant decide. i think its the hijab. does it make a big difference? like with shape of the face? can hijab make someone look bad????

No hijab not make someone look bad, but some bad looks good.

By the way are you both Mahrem or Na-Mahrem ? Hijab is a concept not just the clothes. If she don't know tell her this. Hijab for men is to veil down there eyes and not look at Na-Mahrem while Women cover there body and not to interact un-necessary with Na-Mehrem.

I think the hijab (headscarf not whole concept of hijab) does make a lot of difference to your appearance, for example I look very different without my hijab because my hair is quite a significant feature. Also, because the hijab frames the face differently depending on how you drape it you can also look different, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing :)

salam 

it is much more common for a girl/woman to look better without her headscarf. However, in some cases she can look better with it on. I suppose it depends on how she wears it and whether it suits her face/head shape. In any case, the difference is not too significant in most cases. Without the headscarf a woman is free to enhance her beauty with her hair and make-up. Think about whether you're going to see her with her hijab on more often than not. If she's a working woman she's probably going to be too tired to "fix herself up" for you too. Also important to remember, whoever you marry won't be young or attractive forever. Beauty fades.** Ideally you need to find someone that holds more than just beauty. Something that makes growing old together worth while. Ask yourself if you want to have children with her traits/character, whatever they may be. The physical body is a vessel/shell, try to see the beauty of her soul. Though I appreciate this can be difficult. 

**If you would marry a second wife once this happens, please let the first girl know before marriage. I would most definitely ask this question myself since I have observed this happen in generations before me. Women spend their best years- their prime time- supporting and helping their husbands without which they'd still be nobody. But once beauty leaves with time, her husband takes a younger second wife. No woman wants that sad reality. I'm not saying you (op) would do this. This is for any man reading. It is only fair you let your wife-to-be know of your intentions. Whether you wish to have multiple wives because it was made lawful to you, or you want to have enough kids to create two football teams for a soccer game- let her know! 

anyway, hope this helped :)

ws 

A girl with no hijab makes her look like any other normal woman, who might be secular or atheist. To me, hijab makes her look modest, religious and beautiful. 

Yes! For sure hijab does make a girl/woman look different! And this shouldn't be seen as a bad thing.

In my own case, the first time that I wore a hijab headcovering I was very, very surprised looking in the mirror afterwards. I'm 27 and dress very contemporary. I wear jewelry. I have thick waistlength dark blonde hair that is usually down.

In hijab all my vanity's are covered, and only my face, hands, and feet show; this is a very night and day different look. What surprised me most about wearing hijab is that I looked nice! It actually looked fairly natural on me, which was the exact opposite of what I expected.

Since my first experience with hijab was a good one, I found a way to incorporate it into my life, which is Sunday's. I do look and feel very different in hijab, but this is a good thing. When I go to church I want to feel more: holy, modest, humble, selfless and closer to God.

27 minutes ago, Chantelle said:

Yes! For sure hijab does make a girl/woman look different! And this shouldn't be seen as a bad thing.

In my own case, the first time that I wore a hijab headcovering I was very, very surprised looking in the mirror afterwards. I'm 27 and dress very contemporary. I wear jewelry. I have thick waistlength dark blonde hair that is usually down.

In hijab all my vanity's are covered, and only my face, hands, and feet show; this is a very night and day different look. What surprised me most about wearing hijab is that I looked nice! It actually looked fairly natural on me, which was the exact opposite of what I expected.

Since my first experience with hijab was a good one, I found a way to incorporate it into my life, which is Sunday's. I do look and feel very different in hijab, but this is a good thing. When I go to church I want to feel more: holy, modest, humble, selfless and closer to God.

You dressed up similar to virgin Mary during church service. She was one of the purest woman who ever lived, and was also one of the closest to God.

Basically you took control who can have the honor to see your physically beauty, and exposed your spiritual beauty instead.

Probably you should experiment wearing a sky blue shawl the next time you go to church :) 

Imagine if Virgin Mary was living at our times, she probably would do what makes her purest and closest to God, not what people think of her.

That is why holy people suffered so much at the hands of mass majority of people, as they cared more for God's commands than human commands.

Edited by certainclarity

IMO, sister who are looking to get married focus way too much on wearing the right hijab style, colors, shoes, etc. 

Beauty comes from the inside out. If a girl is modest, kind, generous, practicing the wajib, avoiding the haram, this will project from her. To a guy who also has these qualities, or strives to have these qualities,  this is the most attractive thing about her. 

Of course, doing the basics in terms of grooming, hygiene, etc, also helps. But beyond the basics, it doesn't help as much as most people think. 

On 12/6/2016 at 3:00 PM, hameedeh said:

A girl with no hijab makes her look like any other normal woman, who might be secular or atheist. To me, hijab makes her look modest, religious and beautiful. 

That was wonderfully put Hameedeh!

I personally look better with the hijab but I've seen my friends without it and they look much better. The whole point of hijab is so that men don't lustfully stare at women, so of course you'll find her more attractive with her long hair.

At the end of the day she doesn't need to be a model. I prefer to be with someone average looking but his personality is very good, than being with a model who doesn't care about me.