Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mansur Bakhtiari

Shaykh Jalil al Fadil???

Rate this topic

Assalamu Alaikom.

One hadith I have heard goes like this:

Shaykh Jalil al Fadl ibn Shadhan ibn Khalil narrarated from Muhammad ibn Abi Amierrda narrarated from Jamil ibn Durjan from Zaraarah ibn Aeyena, from Abu Abdallah (alaihe salam), who said:
"And out of Yemen will come the Yamani, with bleached flags (white flags, البيض) on one day, one month, one year (meaning someday)."

قال الشيخ الجليل الفاضل ابن شاذان بن الخليل (طيب الله مرقده): حدّثنا محمّد بن أبي عميررضي الله عنه قال: حدّثنا جميل بن دراج، قال: حدّثنا زرارة بن أعين، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: قال:

وخروج اليماني من اليمن مع الرايات البيض في يوم واحد، وفي شهر واحد، وسنة واحدة.

The problem is, I know none of these narrarators! I searched up Shaykh Jalil al Fadl, and I got this:

A to Z of the Druze Page 148

Shaykh Al Fadil (1597-1640):

"... a Druze sage known for his ascetic lifesryle and spiritual leadership."

(His real name was Muhammad Abu Hilal)

So is this the narrator?

41 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Salam. In the time of the Imam Abu Abdallah (alaihe salam), this shaykh ^ would not have been born yet, so he is not the narrator you seek information about. 

20 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Salam. In the time of the Imam Abu Abdallah (alaihe salam), this shaykh ^ would not have been born yet, so he is not the narrator you seek information about. 

Do you know who it could be then? Because I have never heard of him.

13 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Do you know who it could be then? Because I have never heard of him.

Abu Muhammad al-Fadl ibn Shadhan ibn al-Khalil al-Azdi an-Nishapuri wrote the book which is famous as the English translation The Return of Al-Mahdi. It is said that he died in 260 AH or 873 CE. 

https://www.al-islam.org/return-al-mahdi-al-fadl-ibn-shadhan

6 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Assalamu Alaikom.

One hadith I have heard goes like this:

Shaykh Jalil al Fadl ibn Shadhan ibn Khalil narrarated from Muhammad ibn Abi Amierrda narrarated from Jamil ibn Durjan from Zaraarah ibn Aeyena, from Abu Abdallah (alaihe salam), who said:
"And out of Yemen will come the Yamani, with bleached flags (white flags, البيض) on one day, one month, one year (meaning someday)."

قال الشيخ الجليل الفاضل ابن شاذان بن الخليل (طيب الله مرقده): حدّثنا محمّد بن أبي عميررضي الله عنه قال: حدّثنا جميل بن دراج، قال: حدّثنا زرارة بن أعين، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: قال:

وخروج اليماني من اليمن مع الرايات البيض في يوم واحد، وفي شهر واحد، وسنة واحدة.

The problem is, I know none of these narrarators! I searched up Shaykh Jalil al Fadl, and I got this:

A to Z of the Druze Page 148

"... a Druze sage known for his ascetic lifesryle and spiritual leadership."

(His real name was Muhammad Abu Hilal)

So is this the narrator?

Brother, you read it wrong. The narrator is one of the companions of Imam AlHadi, Al-Fadl Ibn Shadhan (rh). He is a reliable narrator and one of our Jurists.

The words "Al-Shaykh al-Jalil" are not part of his names - it is calling him "the honourable Shaykh". As far as I can tell the Hadith is Sahih. 

Edited by E.L King

4 hours ago, E.L King said:

Brother, you read it wrong. The narrator is one of the companions of Imam AlHadi, Al-Fadl Ibn Shadhan (rh). He is a reliable narrator and one of our Jurists.

The words "Al-Shaykh al-Jalil" are not part of his names - it is calling him "the honourable Shaykh". As far as I can tell the Hadith is Sahih. 

Thanks.

Just now, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

They have the PDF in english, which I might read.

I mean the original source. Which is from a book written by Fadhl ibn Shadhan. There is a debate about whether the book available today is the same book Fadhl ibn Shadhan wrote.

1 minute ago, E.L King said:

I mean the original source. Which is from a book written by Fadhl ibn Shadhan. There is a debate about whether the book available today is the same book Fadhl ibn Shadhan wrote.

I will do some research then Insha Allah.