Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Taimoor

Avoid Bad words for Sahaba RA

Rate this topic

On 2016-12-04 at 7:22 PM, skyweb1987 said:

What is the identification of hypocrites? the following hadith provide the answers:

The Messenger of Allah said: "Loving ‘Ali is the sign of belief, and hating ‘Ali is the sign of hypocrisy."

Sunni references:

- Sahih Muslim, v1, p48;
- Sahih Tirmidhi, v5, p643;
- Sunan Ibn Majah, v1, p142;
- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal v1, pp 84,95,128
- Tarikh al-Kabir, by al-Bukhari (the author of Sahih), v1, part 1, p202
- Hilyatul Awliya’, by Abu Nu’aym, v4, p185
- Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v14, p462

This tradition of Prophet was popular to the extent that some of the companions used to say:

"We recognized the hypocrites by their hatred of ‘Ali."

Sunni references:

- Fada’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p639, Tradition #1086
- al-Istiab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p47
- al-Riyad al-Nadirah, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, v3, p242
- Dhakha’ir al-Uqba, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, p91

Zirr reported: 'Ali said: By Him Who split up the seed and created something living, the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) gave me a promise that no one but a believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would nurse grudge against me.

Sahih Muslim, English Ch 34, Book 001, Number 0141:, 

Well said brother !

2 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Ya and he curses Iran and its leaders too, and he's a follower of yassir habib and the Shirazis aswell. You actually think you have love for ahlulbayt and imam Mahdi? When he returns you people will be the first to rise against him alongside the Wahhabis.

100% these are khawarij that will back stab the imam in the name of religion. @Hassan- your totally right man.

5 minutes ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

So you are a Sunni. Again I do follow Quran and Ahlulbayt (as) but you Sunnis dont.

Your the one who isn't really shia. I'm not Sunni it's just allahyari is so bad at debates he has videos of losing to them which is not what a REAL knowledgeable shia scholar would do. Even i remember coming up with better arguments against the Sunnis he was debating after  I saw one of the videos.

Edited by Al Hadi

5 minutes ago, Al Hadi said:

Your the one who isn't really shia. I'm not Sunni it's just allahyari is so bad at debates he has videos of losing to them which is not what a REAL knowledgeable shia scholar would do. Even i remember coming up with better arguments against the Sunnis he was debating after  I saw one of the videos.

Im a real shia you are not aslong as you keep worshipping Khamenei

2 hours ago, Al Hadi said:

Quran doesn't curse/send lannah and insult the personalities of Christians and Jews it doesn't say for example lannah on Saint Paul so you can't use that argument to justify these wrong actions. 

Quran did curse those who mix up haqq & batil, conceal facts, liars etc. It includes all whether it be Saint Paul or Abu-Bakar, Umer or Usman. These are cursed personalities as a whole and their own actions are witness against them.

13 minutes ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Im a real shia you are not aslong as you keep worshipping Khamenei

No you aren't simple. You have no foresight and your the one who worships allahyari and others who follow similar ideas. The leader(ha) is not worshipped  but gladly followed and alhamdulilah by me and others.

Edited by Al Hadi

5 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

Quran did curse those who mix up haqq & batil, conceal facts, liars etc. It includes all whether it be Saint Paul or Abu-Bakar, Umer or Usman. These are cursed personalities as a whole and their own actions are witness against them.

It curses the lairs yes and thalimeen but my point was none were mentioned by name so we shouldn't by name publicly curse,disrespect or insult those personalities held dearly by our Sunni brothers.

6 minutes ago, Al Hadi said:

It curses the lairs yes and thalimeen but my point was none were mentioned by name so we shouldn't by name publicly curse,disrespect or insult those personalities held dearly by our Sunni brothers.

Yeah you are right, the quran does not mention names, but we have hadiths which mentions names.

Edited by power

5 minutes ago, power said:

Yeah you are right, the quran does not mention names, but we have hadiths which mentions names.

He was using Quran as justification so I was debating about that and showed Quran provides no justification for those actions he was supporting. Now if we are on the issue of Hadiths then the scholars like sistani,the leader, Makerim shirazi and others who know these Hadiths better than we do make public  cursing haram then we shouldn't say they are "evil" "dajjal" etc... that is totally wrong. They say we don't curse(publicly) it means we don't.simple.

Edited by Al Hadi

Salam,

How is it possible that a tulaqa (one who became muslim after Fath Makkah because given amnesty) claims to be of a higher rank and status than the one who was born in the Kabah, never bowed to an idol nor ran away in the battlefield, who was ready to sacrifice his life by laying in the bed of the Prophet s.a.w.a.s. with the risk to be killed, who was married to his daughter and who was considered to be the self of the Prophet s.a.w.a.s.?

Was the former equal to the latter because he was considered to be a Sahaba.

Sahaba as in the definition of today was a non-Quranic concept and a mean and invention to elevate those who hijacked Islam yet were its staunchest enemies all along the way.

The Quran elevates the Muhajirin and the Ansar. The Tulaqa are far below them and some if not many of them are even hypocrites.

Edited by Faruk

14 minutes ago, Al Hadi said:

No you aren't simple. You have no foresight and your the one who worships allahyari and others who follow similar ideas. The leader(ha) is not worshipped  but gladly followed and alhamdulilah by me and others.

Yes I am. Go worship Khamenei (la). 

10 hours ago, Al Hadi said:

He was using Quran as justification so I was debating about that. Now if we are on issue of Hadiths then the scholars like sistani,the leader, Makerim shirazi and others who know these Hadiths better than we do make public  cursing haram then we shouldn't say they are "evil" "dajjal" etc... that is totally wrong.

The fact is, there are books available in the public domain which criticize these personalities. Should we remove these books?

scholars like sistani,the leader, Makerim shirazi and others who know these Hadiths better than we do make public  cursing haram then we shouldn't say they are "evil" "dajjal" etc... that is totally wrong.

You're 100% right brother, some boundaries we shouldn't cross! Even if we have some personal reasons against a certain personality we shouldn't disrespect people who whether we like to admit or not have done more than most of us for our faith.

These personalities and scholars have sacrificed their lives for our faith! How many Sleepless nights have they had ! The impact they had on our faith and expanding it is something that cannot be denied by anyone. Doesn't matter how many times people want to say the sun revolves around the earth doesn't make it true ! 

1 hour ago, Ali al-Abdullah said:

Yes I am. Go worship Khamenei (la). 

No you aren't a real shia unfortunately it would be nice if you were but aren't. its funny how your literally  encouraging shirk right now telling me to worship someone a true momin shia doesn't say stuff like that. 

We the shia on the right path don't worship the leader we follow him. Khamenei(God bless him) deserves blessings for all his work not your brainwashed la'annah from a moron like you. God bless the leader of the Islamic REPUBLIC AYATOLLAH AL UTHMA AL SAYED ALI KHAMENEI God give him a long life.

Edited by Al Hadi

10 hours ago, power said:

The fact is, there are books available in the public domain which criticize these personalities. Should we remove these books?

Sunnis have ridiculous stuff in their books too they know just as well as we do what we can pull out from their books. They know about what's in our books and what we believe but they don't go with what the books say because of that ability to pull things out from each other's sources (at least their real scholars do). What they do go by is what the scholars say because they have analyzed what's in those books and know what they mean. 

Sunnis have ridiculous stuff in their books too they know just as well as we do what we can pull out from their books. They know about what's in our books and what we believe but they don't go with what the books say because of that ability to pull things out from each other's sources (at least their real scholars do). What they do go by is what the scholars say because they have analyzed what's in those books and know what they mean. 

Academically is key to any Shia and Sunni debate.

21 minutes ago, Al Hadi said:

Personally, I have no respect for these people in my heart. If anyone asks my opinion about these criminals, I do not hesitate to express my opinion.

I just avoid cursing them & even taking their names publically because of the respect of my Marja. 

I dont care if anyone following the "taghut", I cannot respect those who made the Prophet, Imam Ali & Bibi Syyeda (peace be upon them all) angry. I hate these people and do not hide my hate from anyone who asks my opinion or discuss history with me.

I dont think there are Shia's who take loud speaker in their hands and walk on the streets while cursing these revered symbols of Sunni's. There are specific ocassions when I have seen people cursing them specially on the shahadat of Syeda Fatima (s.a).

5 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Disrespecting one of the Ulema is against ShiaChat rules.

Very much necessary to maintain law & order. People should learn to respect Ulema & Mujtahedeen.

Disagreeing is something different than disrespecting.

43 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Sahaba as in the definition of today was a non-Quranic concept and a mean and invention to elevate those who hijacked Islam yet were its staunchest enemies all along the way.

You're correct. Whenever I have tried to ask the definition of sahaba, I got very ridiculous definitions. 

We must understand the need to respect Ulema just like we respect our parents. 

If your father stops you, not to curse symbols of sunni brothers, will you disappoint him by disobeying his command? 

The Maraje Karam are of that status, we have to train ourselves not to say even "uff" to them as commanded by Allah (s.w.t) for our parents:

Surah Al-Isra, Verse 23:

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوا إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُل لَّهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word.

(English - Shakir)

Scholars deserves our generous words. Always respect them.

Use sense when criticising. Whether you believe someone deserves condemnation or they don't, understand the wider effects of what you are about to say. It might be possible that you could use better language that is sensitive to the feelings of others, and so open their hearts and minds to a far greater extent. They will be more receptive to what you say, rather than recoil due to your brashness.

People hold beliefs dearly - it forms their bubble of beliefs which in a way, goes deeper in forming their perspective of the world and who they are. Challenging that belief will therefore likely provoke a reaction. Going further and doing it in a harsh manner, abusing their symbols is not going to make them likely be receptive to truth.

This is not about compromising beliefs, but about recognising obvious human nature.

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem.

All praise be to Allah, Creator of the Heavens and the earth.

Ayatullah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani (ح):

---------------------------------------------
The Question:

as-Salamu Alykum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu,

A video clip has been seen several times on social network web sites showing a congregation during the martyrdom of al-Imam al-Jawad (a.s.). This group of people from the area known as al-A'dhamiyyah are shown shouting out insults upon 'Omar, A’isha, and others. Is this type of behavior condemned by the supreme religious authority, especially since it involves the insult of religious figures of our brothers of the Sunni school of thought, and it could potentially fuel unrest amongst the people of Iraq and jeopardize peace?

The Answer:

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful

This type of behavior is condemned, strongly denounced and contrary to the commands of the Imams of the Holy Household of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) to their followers. Allah is The Guide.

The Office of Ayatullah Sayyid al-Sistani
The Holy City of Najaf

Ayatullah Imam Ali al-Husseini al-Khamenei (ح):

“Insulting the symbols of the Sunni brothers, including the Prophet Muhammad’s wife (Aisha) is forbidden. This includes the women of all prophets and especially the holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the leader of all Prophets.”

This is the opinion of the two greatest Marja of our time. What other people say has no authority over Shia Muslims.

Unfortunatly many Shias still insult :(

On 19/03/2017 at 9:00 AM, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

If you want to criticize, can you at least do it through good and respectful words???

What good words can you use for someone as mischievous as Muawiyah?    He was a complete devil.

On 3/18/2017 at 3:34 PM, Faruk said:

Is the new trend of the Kuffar to set up Shia muslims against eachother nowadays?

I second this. 

It is so disappointing to see people, calling themselves Shia, fighting and disrespecting each other. While you're fighting that hands be open or close during prayers, enemy is devising ways to cut your hands. Similarly while we are trying to get united with sunnis, we ourselves(shias) are getting divided each day. 

'Hold on to the rope of Allah' and the rope of Allah is Ali ibne Abi Talib (a.s.) according to tafseer. So hold on to your brothers who have Wilayat-e-Ali (a.s.) and do not get divided. 

An advice to few other brothers out there:

Please do not get hyper if someone is criticizing (respectfully) any ulema. Criticism and insult are two different things. I have seen repeatedly if someone says anything about Ayatullah Khamenei (other than praise), their followers do not tolerate at all. They just gang up on that guy. Try to understand, first of all he is your momin brother and he has respect you cannot imagine. Also, the one that was neutral until now may develop harsh feelings for a scholar because of your behavior.

And no one is infallible except 14 Masoomeen. 

I agree Shia should avoid the minority mentality trap i.e trying to be the elusive club of the "true followers" ...learn from example of coalition Ali had against his enemies during his caliphate ....

On 4/3/2017 at 8:40 PM, baqar said:

No, that is not true.

There were one hundred thousand Sahaba.

How can anyone say that they were all deserving of respect?

There were many bad people among them.   

Shia don't talk much about even the sahaba they think were were good ....so it seems to others Shia generally hate all sahaba