Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
DigitalUmmah

Wikileaks reveals US/Sayed khomeini links

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, E.L King said:

The problem with that is you will hardly ever have a "secular marja". I don't know of any mainstream "secular marja". Another problem is that it is impossible for a Muslim, himself to be secular, by nature, if he follows Islamic Law.

Two of our 10 Furus are: Amr Bil Maroof and Nahi an al Munkar. How can you practice them in a secular environment, at the same time claim their wajib?

http://www.islamic-laws.com/AmrBilMaroof.htm

What were scholars doing before Iran?

37 minutes ago, celestial said:

What were scholars doing before Iran?

Same as the scholars in Najaf who lived under Saddam. The reason why they couldn't implement the Sharia was because they couldn't, the central government doesn't allow it. However, Sayyed Al-Khoei for example, is all for implementing it depending on certain circumstances, that were certainly not available under Saddam.

Furthermore you claim you want a secular Iran. I presume you don't mean a Shahi dictatorship, but something like Indonesia. The only reason why the believers under the Shah could not practice Nahi an Al Munkar properly, is that they would be locked up as religious extremists or something. So under your system, how can uou have secularism but also allow people to practice something which is wajib, like Nahi an Al-Munkar? If you say we stop people from practicing it, then you are promoting sin, it would be like stopping people from fasting or praying, where do you draw the line?

Edited by E.L King

3 hours ago, celestial said:

So, Shia Islam can't be a tool for dictatorships, can't be a tool for politics, because it is beyond all those, it is sacred.

I call this "the trophy on the wall" philosophy. 

Islam encompasses politics. You can't hang Islam up like a trophy nobody can touch, like some fragile artifact. By your logic, we shouldn't use Islam as a tool in our personal lives either, because it's too sacred and shouldn't be "tainted" by the inadequacy of our limited selves.

The point of religion was to use it, not make an idol of it. 

On 12/1/2016 at 11:48 AM, DigitalUmmah said:

@A true Sunni you keep

talking about the spying in Khandaq and I have re read whatever I could find, but I still fail to see the relevance. 

in khandaq, the holy prophet (S) dispatched spies to find some information, then report back to him. the prophet (S) never went to the kuffar, promised X if they did Y, and then when he got what he wanted said "hahaha lol jk" and went back on his word

Its in the link you sent me and its about espionage and lying. I hope you aren't going to nit pick.

Pretty clear cut what bit are you disputing

I know this topic is old but I would also like to add

1.that pretty much anyone can upload to Wikileaks whether it gets accepted or not is a different issue but its completely possible that someone intelligent working for the enemies can fake such documents mentioned by the OP. Main point not everything from wikileaks is 100% true due to the fact that anyone can upload. 

Below is Edward Snowden critcizing Wikileaks for its lack of filtering information, I,e Wikileaks just publishing without filtering and checking it properly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us/snowden-wikileaks.html

2. Apparently It comes from the US government about Iran common sense says to at least question it.

3. Information comes from secondary sources I.e he said that he said. So its justified to think that such information presented is not completely true. 

23 hours ago, TryHard said:

I know this topic is old but I would also like to add

1.that pretty much anyone can upload to Wikileaks whether it gets accepted or not is a different issue but its completely possible that someone intelligent working for the enemies can fake such documents mentioned by the OP. Main point not everything from wikileaks is 100% true due to the fact that anyone can upload. 

Below is Edward Snowden critcizing Wikileaks for its lack of filtering information, I,e Wikileaks just publishing without filtering and checking it properly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us/snowden-wikileaks.html

2. Apparently It comes from the US government about Iran common sense says to at least question it.

3. Information comes from secondary sources I.e he said that he said. So its justified to think that such information presented is not completely true. 

I re-read the OP.

As summarized is what we had in a 'covert opns' class ~1981.

One thing that we had in that class that IRI contradicts is that Ayatollah Khomeni's plane was piloted by USAF --as a 'tripwire' in case the Soviet Union interfered, as in shooting it down.

I have watched two or more interviews of the planes Iranian pilot. Therefore, either the instructor mis-spoke and the USAF was actually the co-pilot; or the Iranian was actually the co-pilot and piloted the landing; or something else.

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I re-read the OP.

As summarized is what we had in a 'covert opns' class ~1981.

One thing that we had in that class that IRI contradicts is that Ayatollah Khomeni's plane was piloted by USAF --as a 'tripwire' in case the Soviet Union interfered, as in shooting it down.

I have watched two or more interviews of the planes Iranian pilot. Therefore, either the instructor mis-spoke and the USAF was actually the co-pilot; or the Iranian was actually the co-pilot and piloted the landing; or something else.

Don’t think so. Your class instructors evidence is anecdotal at best. Had to be iranian pilots or French. So something else.

Edited by TryHard