Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
DigitalUmmah

Wikileaks reveals US/Sayed khomeini links

Rate this topic

Salam, ya ali (as) madad, lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1979PARIS02949_e.html

quite an interesting read.

To summarise, sayed khomeini was in secret talks pre revolution and agreed with the US government that if they allowed him to return to iran from france, he would calm down the people and protect US interests.

I do find it quite funny how common iranians are whipped up into a frenzied hysteria each congregational prayer "marj bar usa" by the same people maintaining good relations with the same USA they are getting the common people to curse.

I was suspicious of USA/Iran links ever since i studied the Iran/Contra affair, but this? it neither suprises me or dissapoints me or shocks me. basically I have always believed that all those at top levels of government are the same, but us peasant class are just told whatever suits their purpose.

11 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

To summarise, sayed khomeini was in secret talks pre revolution and agreed with the US government that if they allowed him to return to iran from france, he would calm down the people and protect US interests.

I do find it quite funny how common iranians are whipped up into a frenzied hysteria each congregational prayer "marj bar usa" by the same people maintaining good relations with the same USA they are getting the common people to curse.

I was suspicious of USA/Iran links ever since i studied the Iran/Contra affair, but this? it neither suprises me or dissapoints me or shocks me. basically I have always believed that all those at top levels of government are the same, but us peasant class are just told whatever suits their purpose.

Its not new news really. This story has been around for many years. I prefer to think of it as Ayatullah Khomeini out witted the USA. 

They had overthrown a legittimate government in the 50s and he couldn't allow it to happen again.

He made them promises this neutralising them and then told them to take a hike.

Seems pretty smart to me

15 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Perhaps he beat them at their own game? Because now, the number one enemy of the american government is Iran.

Who knows??? He has a background of asking American help....
Brother DU, If this news is true, you have disappointed me with this news. This really has hurt the image of Ayatullah Khamenei.

46 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

16 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

Who knows??? He has a background of asking American help....
Brother DU, If this news is true, you have disappointed me with this news. This really has hurt the image of Ayatullah Khamenei.

May Allah(swt) and Syed Baqir Nisar Zaidi(Peer O Murshad) protect us from inbuilt biases for which there is no cure except with true turning. 

Or just maybe the horse dung peppermint tablet.(stop taking them)

there is a lot of circumstantial evidence of Iranian collusion with the USA behind the scenes. like I said this is not anything at all shocking to me. 

leaving aside the Iran/contra affair (which I will type up when I have the time), the highly suspicious release of the Iranian hostages to coincide perfectly with the day of Reagan winning the US election (look up the "October surprise") absolutely reeks of Iran/USA scheming. 

for those that do not know - president carter was unsuccessful in releasing the iranian hostages, it came up to election season and Reagen was running against him. Reagen used the hostage situation as a political tool during the campaign. 

Iranian hostages released - January 20 1981. the same day - the same hour - that Reagen was being sworn in as US president. 

for anyone with any sense, does this not seem like Iran and the USA were quite clearly in plans with each other? at the same time that common iranians were cursing the USA in every prayer? 

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

This is exaggerated intentionally for certain purposes. Be careful man, Khomeini was a great leader and a man of God and the hope of oppressed people.

In fact at first Iran cut it's relations with Israel and South Africa because those two governments were apartheid regimes. The apartheid regime of south Africa collapsed but Israel still exists.

Iran had no intention to cut it's relation with USA or any other government or nation. But as more USA continued it's enmity and it did not return Shah to Iran and it started attacking and coups and supporting terrorists inside and outside of Iran against the revolution, Iran had to cut it's relations with USA.

USA only wants one thing, that Iran gets aligned with Israel. The same as before revolution. While this has been always the red line of the revolution of Iran. So USA is still continuing it's enmity and it will continue it .

Yes if someday USA stops it's enmity and arrogance and it becomes a country like other countries. Iran will establish it's relations with USA too.

However I would say this is practically impossible. Because the influence of zhionists are a lot in USA, USA is built to serve the zhionists.

Edited by maes

1 hour ago, A true Sunni said:

He made them promises this neutralising them and then told them to take a hike.

Seems pretty smart to me

I don't think saying sayed khomeini lied/ manipulated people to get what he wanted furthers your argument. its definitely not the code of  conduct expected from shia. 

3-20 (The compiler of the book narrated) that his father - may God be pleased with him - narrated that Sa’ed ibn Abdullah quoted Ahmad ibn al-Hussein ibn Sa’id, on the authority of Abil-Hussein ibn al-Hazrami, on the authority of Jamil ibn Dur’raj, on the authority of Muhammad ibn Sa’id, on the authority of Al-Maharebi, on the authority of Ja’far ibn Muhammad (MGB), on the authority of his father (MGB), on the authority of his forefathers (MGB), on the authority of Ali (MGB) that the Prophet (MGB) said, “There are three situations in which it is good to lie: when plotting in a war, when promising to your wife, and when interceding between two people to improve their relationship. There are three situations in which it is bad to tell the truth: in gossiping, in informing a man about his wife, and when denying some (bad) news.” The Prophet (MGB) added, “Associating with three groups of people will spoil the heart: associating with mean people, talking with women and associating with rich people.”

https://www.al-islam.org/al-khisal-numeric-classification-traditions-characteristics-shaykh-saduq/part-3-three-numbered#three-occasions-lying-three-occasions-not-tell-truth-three-occasions-not-associate

10 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

“There are three situations in which it is good to lie: when plotting in a war, when promising to your wife, and when interceding between two people to improve their relationship.

which of these three apply to this situation?

43 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I don't think saying sayed khomeini lied/ manipulated people to get what he wanted furthers your argument. its definitely not the code of  conduct expected from shia. 

Nothing wrong with lying in Islam. Look at the history of Jange Khandaq. Use of spies etc to eventually win the battle.

1 minute ago, A true Sunni said:

Nothing wrong with lying in Islam. Look at the history of Jange Khandaq. Use of spies etc to eventually win the battle.

there is man, the Quran explicitly curses the liars

[3.61] But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars.

1 minute ago, DigitalUmmah said:

there is man, the Quran explicitly curses the liars

[3.61] But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars.

Read the history of Jange Khandaq. You are a knowledgable person and it's possible to misunderstand the difference between lying and espionage.

Edited by A true Sunni

In Islam it is not just accusing without solid proofs regarded as a great sin and forbidden, but also spreading it:

ولا تقف مالیس لک به علم ان السمع والبصر والفۆاد کل اولئک کان عنه مسئولا

And this approach, spreading rumors without required knowledge, is not light in the sight of Allah:

"When you rumoured with your tongues after hearing such matters, and uttered with your mouths about which you had no knowledge, and you considered it light; and that, in the sight of Allah, is very great." [24:15]

Insha'Allah, I will talk about the topic later in more detail.