Logic.

Eternal punishment for finite sins?

Rate this topic

How can God justify giving eternal punishment to anyone? Our life is very short, and we can only commit a finite amount of sins, so how can god give eternity in hell for a finite number of sins? Even if someone spent a million years sinning how can god justify eternity, a million years of punishment at most, but eternity? 

32 minutes ago, Logic. said:

How can God justify giving eternal punishment to anyone? Our life is very short, and we can only commit a finite amount of sins, so how can god give eternity in hell for a finite number of sins? Even if someone spent a million years sinning how can god justify eternity, a million years of punishment at most, but eternity? 

bismillah.gif

Simple logic: Do not disobey Allah, if you do, then repent...Allah is oft forgiving and most Merciful. Plus, Allah/God will not punish the believers till eternity...All believers will be forgiven  eventually, this is due to Allah being Merciful. Only the disbelievers will suffer eternal punishment.

Edited by Endtimes

Temporal duration doesnt correlate with magnitude of sin.  You could have a quick sin e.g. pulling the trigger of a gun,  leading to a very bad sin, e.g. murder.

There isnt anything incoherent with possibility of an infinitely evil sin.  Wishing evil upon one person is bad, but wishing it upon 2 people is arguably twice as bad.  And wishing it upon 100 people is 100 times as bad... and so wishing it upon an infinite number of people is infinitely bad.  Or at least, its possible that its infinitely bad - I'm not sure.  But you can at least see how it could be infinitely bad, if it was infinitely bad. So we have a candidate for an infinitely evil sin, that is finite.

Those who disbelieve, have hate not only towards God, but in reality, the Quran shows, they hate the goodness in believers. They hate the goodness and their intention of goodness is mixed with Satanic intentions and love of Satanic identity.

They not only do injustice to themselves, but become a source of injustice and chaos and mischief in the earth for others.

That, and the secret of disbelief, is an evil that outweighs other evil. I've been on that road. You convince yourself you don't need guidance and you can judge but you know there is no sure basis to your judgement. You prefer your judgement to the truth and don't care to the find the truth, and then seek to influence others with your falsehood.

Then you begin to hate the essence of God and his light, you begin to hate or belittle his holy names, and God's face becomes an ugly image to you.

There is nothing worse then seeing good as evil and evil as good.

When that happens, then your acts are all in vain, till you awaken to your injustice, and God will not guide you or change your state, unless you change it yourself!

8 hours ago, Endtimes said:

bismillah.gif

Simple logic: Do not disobey Allah, if you do, then repent...Allah is oft forgiving and most Merciful. Plus, Allah/God will not punish the believers till eternity...All believers will be forgiven  eventually, this is due to Allah being Merciful. Only the disbelievers will suffer eternal punishment.

I know, but this doesn't answer how God can be just and still inflict eternal punishment on anyone even if they're kafir. Because no matter how many sins and wrong things you can do on earth cannot equate to infinite punishment 

4 hours ago, Logic. said:

I know, but this doesn't answer how God can be just and still inflict eternal punishment on anyone even if they're kafir. Because no matter how many sins and wrong things you can do on earth cannot equate to infinite punishment 

bismillah.gif

How many Prophets and messengers has Allah, the Supreme, the Sublime has sent as a warning to us? 124,00.00. How many Holy Scriptures has Allah sent us and warning us to believe in him, believe in the Judgment day, believe in the Prophets and Imams and Angles.  How many places in the HOly Books,  has Allah warned us about burning in hell forever if we don't believe God  and do evil?? Allah is JUST! Allah will never do injustice to anyone, whether they are  believers or disbelievers.  You want logic but you cant handle logic and  think illogical.

Edited by Endtimes

12 hours ago, LinkZelda said:

Those who disbelieve, have hate not only towards God, but in reality, the Quran shows, they hate the goodness in believers. They hate the goodness and their intention of goodness is mixed with Satanic intentions and love of Satanic identity.

They not only do injustice to themselves, but become a source of injustice and chaos and mischief in the earth for others.

bismillah.gif

Wow brother, thank you so much. I never looked at it like that till now, it makes so much sense. Allah Bless you and your family Inshallah.

On 11/21/2016 at 4:42 AM, Logic. said:

A time will come and the fires of hell will be switched off, how long this will take only Allah swt knows. The meaning of this is that Allah swt will not punish anyone for eternity as Allah swt his mercy is infinite meaning that there is no limit to how merciful Allah swt can be. 

Our brains are limited to understanding the true impact if this statement.

We should focus on improving ourselves not on how Allah swt can justify his mercy or his laws as Allah swt is the most High.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Journey of Truth said:

A time will come and the fires of hell will be switched off, how long this will take only Allah swt knows. The meaning of this is that Allah swt will not punish anyone for eternity as Allah swt his mercy is infinite meaning that there is no limit to how merciful Allah swt can be. 

Our brains are limited to understanding the true impact if this statement.

We should focus on improving ourselves not on how Allah swt can justify his mercy or his laws as Allah swt is the most High.

bismillah.gif

Then how do you explain these two verses brother?

Al-Qur'an Grammar      Prev      Go   Next  

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَعَنَ الْكَافِرِينَ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ سَعِيرًا

Asad : Verily, God has rejected the deniers of the truth, and has readied for them a blazing fire,
Malik : Surely Allah has laid a curse on the unbelievers and has prepared for them a blazing fire;
Pickthall : Lo! Allah hath cursed the disbelievers, and hath prepared for them a flaming fire,
Yusuf Ali :

Verily Allah has cursed the Unbelievers and prepared for them a Blazing Fire

Surah 33. Al-Ahzab, Ayah 65

خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۖ لَا يَجِدُونَ وَلِيًّا وَلَا نَصِيرًا

Asad : therein to abide beyond the count of time: no protec-tor will they find, and none to bring them succour.
Malik : to live therein forever and they shall find no protector or helper.
Pickthall : Wherein they will abide for ever. They will find (then) no protecting friend nor helper.
Yusuf Ali : To dwell therein forever: no protector will they find nor helper.

8 hours ago, Endtimes said:

bismillah.gif

Then how do you explain these two verses brother?

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَعَنَ الْكَافِرِينَ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ سَعِيرًا

Asad : Verily, God has rejected the deniers of the truth, and has readied for them a blazing fire,
Malik : Surely Allah has laid a curse on the unbelievers and has prepared for them a blazing fire;
Pickthall : Lo! Allah hath cursed the disbelievers, and hath prepared for them a flaming fire,
Yusuf Ali :

Verily Allah has cursed the Unbelievers and prepared for them a Blazing Fire

Surah 33. Al-Ahzab, Ayah 65

خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۖ لَا يَجِدُونَ وَلِيًّا وَلَا نَصِيرًا

Asad : therein to abide beyond the count of time: no protec-tor will they find, and none to bring them succour.
Malik : to live therein forever and they shall find no protector or helper.
Pickthall : Wherein they will abide for ever. They will find (then) no protecting friend nor helper.
Yusuf Ali : To dwell therein forever: no protector will they find nor helper.

I will dig up my evidence and post this week, you are correct, we should not post without evidence. I had this info from an authentic hadith from Ahlul Bayt a.s that I will find and post.

27 minutes ago, Journey of Truth said:

I will dig up my evidence and post this week, you are correct, we should not post without evidence. I had this info from an authentic hadith from Ahlul Bayt a.s that I will find and post.

bismillah.gif

Brother, any Hadith, authentic or not, can not go against the Holy Quran. Mohammad s.a.w. and our Imams a.s. will never go against the Holy Quran.

1] Allah-swt reveals in Quran that He-swt does not have to "justify" anything.

Yet, l want to emphasize your title in my reply:

2] What are some of the Attributes of Allah-swt ?  Aw-Awwal/Al-Aakhir = The First/The Last; As-Sabur=The Timeless.

There is also Sahih Muslim 5827 from Abu Hurayrah:  Allah-swt is Time, dahr ; And to make comparisons or complaints based on Time is thereby wrong.  For more, see: https://islamqa.info/en/9571 

3] Personal Question from myself: Where do you or l have the status to question whatever Allah-swt does?

God is all knowing. He knows what came, what comes and what would have come. Man knows the human lifespan is short but still decides to take their desire as God and trade eternal life for an illusion. The Quran speaks about oath breakers many times such as here:

43:50 - But when We removed from them the affliction, at once they broke their word.

The logic behind eternal punishment can be explained by verses such as this one:

32:12 - If you could but see when the criminals are hanging their heads before their Lord, [saying], "Our Lord, we have seen and heard, so return us [to the world]; we will work righteousness. Indeed, we are [now] certain."

God knows perfectly well that it will never be the case. And it is not as if they have never been warned. Yet still they chose to transgress, over and over.