Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What are your honest opinions on Atatürk?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I personally have mixed opinions on him. I believed he helped Turkey resurge and modernize greatly and saved them from being torn up by European powers, but many of his policies (particularly towards the Armenians after the genocide and his brutal subjugation of the Kurds) objectionable. What do you think?

46 minutes ago, MartinKassemJ120 said:

I personally have mixed opinions on him. I believed he helped Turkey resurge and modernize greatly and saved them from being torn up by European powers, but many of his policies (particularly towards the Armenians after the genocide and his brutal subjugation of the Kurds) objectionable. What do you think?

bismillah.gif

Salam brother.

You have to be specific , which Attaturk are you talking about? Attaturk ErDOGan or Attaturk Attaturk?

• Development Team

Ataturk is a loser and in my humble opinion, all nationalists are self-centered and naive losers. They only care about themselves and their people in an idealized, often romanticized light. What is there to admire about such disgusting and narcissistic people?

Sure he modernized Turkey, but father of the Turks?  No, that's just rosy propaganda to make him infallible and absolve him of his crimes against Armenians, Azeris and Greeks. 

• Veteran Member

There was nothing redeemable about Ataturk.

Ataturk, Reza Khan, Saddam...

Idolized by at least a proportion of Muslims in the world, and yet who offered absolutely nothing of benefit to their respective nations.

• Development Team
6 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

Idolized by at least a proportion of Muslims in the world, and yet who offered absolutely nothing of benefit to their respective nations.

+1000 likes.

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Militarily wise, Ataturk was one of the greatest military leaders and geniuses in modern warfare. He secularized his nation and made it developed near a first world nation. However his dark side includes ethnic genocide against Armenians and Assyrians. Despite his flaws he needed to be a dictator at the time, Turkey just came out a long six-seven century monarch and the transition needed someone strong to guide it. Despite his flaws if it wasn't for Ataturk Turkey would be like other surrounding Middle Eastern nations, run down, poor, sectarian, migrants leaving. Turkey even right now has better living standards than many Eastern European nations. If Turks like him I don't blame them. But they need to admit his flaws. 

• Advanced Member
On 11/19/2016 at 5:13 PM, baradar_jackson said:

Don't forget Assad

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

I think he was a very good military leader and he saved turkey from colonization. It was I think a bad thing that he abolished caliphate and secularized turkey but unfortunately ottoman empire was really declining and a caliphate only by name when he abolished it.