Guest silasun

Genuine faithful

Rate this topic

Guest silasun

Salam Alaikum

A question has been bugging me for a while.

Are there religious people out there who are actually kind, compassionate and caring individuals? Are there people out there who try not only to practice the parts of religion that make you "religious" (not shaving for 4 days, wearing hijab, going for hajj) but are selfless when it comes to how they deal with other people?

I haven't ever been close to anyone who is Muslim outside of my family and I am curious to know if such people exist? Is the hijab or beard wearing person whose Facebook is a pictorial Nahjul Balagha actually a decent person, or is it all a show? 

Ws,

Allah(SWT) likes kindness and people that show kindness.

If you are religious, you believe in Allah(SWT) and you want to make Him pleased with you, so you do that which makes Him pleased with you and you are kind and you show kindness to people.

Not for the sake of the people and not for the sake of getting kindness back but for the sake of Allah(SWT) and Him being pleased with you. Yes, religious people are kind people and if they are not kind then they are not truly religious because they are not doing that which pleases Allah(SWT). And is the definition of a religious person not a person that follows his religion and following islam means to submit to the will of Allah(SWT), no?

Though being kind is easier said than done and it is a fine balance between being kind and getting used or being kind when you should be harsh, it is not so easy to judge how to always act in the most correct manner, we live in confusing times, may Allah(SWT) help us all.

Salam 

Every religion is not equivalent to good 

So person praising any religion doesn't guarantee to be good

Only true religion can make a person good

If 1 has recognized true religion and ri8ri8 ppl to teach us then surely we will turn to a knd and good person to gods ppl for the love of god 

Our kindness our behaviour attitude good bad judging if we r atheist then all these qualities comes from the religion that is inherited in mankind since 1400 yrs its now inbuilt in soc since 1400 yrs

So basically conscience and conscious cannot stand without true religion

With recognition practicing and also following is required yea we r shias by belief but not by actions and amal we all r trying best and may Allah help us to become true shias 

Guest silasun

Thank you all for your responses. I actually wanted to say that I know fully well they exist (I have come across them on this site) but I wanted to try and understand the proportions of people like this.

Whenever I have come across a person who seems really great and faithful, it happens that after passing a certain threshold, you realise that they seem great but your personal (perhaps Satanic?) inclination is to never see them again - they are crazy racists, overly zealous to those without their beliefs or (this is a killer for me) it's all about the tax and benefit fraud for them! 

Any religious gathering you go to you will see everybody with hijab, all the guys with beards and rings - but look at how converts feel treated? Is it really possible that all these people are genuine and yet somehow there is not a single warm welcome to the whitest or darkest face by virtue of their skin tone?! 

--

Scenario: You or a friend wishes to marry. How are you supposed to verify and attain certainty that they possess noble ethical traits our faith commands us to have? How do you make sure you don't get duped into the worst decision you made in the next 65 years of your life (been there - not personally - seen that!)?

Of course, everybody has deficiencies. I have many moral deficiencies. I know that I am a person who doesn't want to deceive others about my many inner evils so I would be straight up about it.

--

Case study:

Iraq. The whole country comes out for Ziarat Arbaeen. But look where the country is?

I have a personal story about one man I know who prays when others are asleep, spends his post fajr time reading Qur'an and duas (whereas those like me seriously lack spiritual energy), fasts many months, goes on Ziarah all the time....... yet when it comes to racism, swearing, mistreating the family with awful screams and insults... I'm not sure I have ever come across anything like it. I guess in his mind the prayers have all been accepted (in Ghurar al Hikam Imam Ali says - unless I am mistaken - know that all of your actions follow your prayer).

Edited by silasun