Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How do Shias view the Old Testament?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

@The_Bible first you say that muslims claim the bible is corrupt (and I remember you also previously stated that the Quran doesn't even say that it is), and now you are saying Islam and Quran are both claiming corruption of preceding scripture? make up your mind

You seem to really like this type of topic so I suggest reading Joseph Islam's blog; maybe he could enlighten you in this topic to facilitate your and our understanding

also to note you are very unfriendly, just my opinion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure whether I'm asking this question in the right forum but I just wanted your understanding of what Shias in general believe about the Old Testament Bible.

@Son of Placid Do you really want to know what a Shia thinks about old testament !? If you ask this from a Sunni he would only point to the signs of prophet of Islam PBUH. But if you as

Divine origin corrupted by man.

• Advanced Member
On December 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Jafar moh said:

@The_Bible first you say that muslims claim the bible is corrupt (and I remember you also previously stated that the Quran doesn't even say that it is), and now you are saying Islam and Quran are both claiming corruption of preceding scripture? make up your mind

You seem to really like this type of topic so I suggest reading Joseph Islam's blog; maybe he could enlighten you in this topic to facilitate your and our understanding

also to note you are very unfriendly, just my opinion

You right, what I meant was muslims always claim bible is corrupt without the Quran actually stating that it is, but muslims off their own assumptions claim it indeed. Idk who Joseph Islam is, or how to get to his blog.

Also I'm not here to make friends or to make enemies. I am only a messenger with a message about truth, those who don't like it can take it how they feel. 

Did Jesus preach like that? Sometimes, overall, no he didn't but, I'm not Jesus nor am i a saint with the same characteristics as the son of God. I witness with what fits my personality, and everybody else should do the same.

Proverbs (26:4-5) - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Colossians 4:6 - Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Edited by The_Bible
  • Advanced Member
On 12/16/2016 at 11:07 PM, The_Bible said:

Also I'm not here to make friends or to make enemies. I am only a messenger with a message about truth, those who don't like it can take it how they feel. 

by speaking like you are better then everyone else? ive told you to get off of your high-horse once already but it seems u just climbed even here if that is even possible,

meh at least you recognize you aren't the most fruitful of the bunch,

' Joseph Islam blog ' on a google search might not actually hurt, takes about 2 seconds

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Jafar moh said:

by speaking like you are better then everyone else? ive told you to get off of your high-horse once already but it seems u just climbed even here if that is even possible,

meh at least you recognize you aren't the most fruitful of the bunch,

' Joseph Islam blog ' on a google search might not actually hurt, takes about 2 seconds

I do not speak like i am better than the rest. I speak like I am right and those who oppose are wrong. Why? Because I do not speak from my irrelevent opinions, but based off scriptures. Sometimes people cannot handle truth bc they are not in favor of the authority it has on the substance of reality. The fact is that truth exists, nobody can escape that, they must accept it as a form of judgement. Now you can either seek for the truth, or just not care about it, but that does not make it go away. 

Galatians 4:16 - Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

• Advanced Member
On 12/19/2016 at 3:38 AM, The_Bible said:

I do not speak like i am better than the rest. I speak like I am right and those who oppose are wrong. Why? Because I do not speak from my irrelevent opinions, but based off scriptures. Sometimes people cannot handle truth bc they are not in favor of the authority it has on the substance of reality. The fact is that truth exists, nobody can escape that, they must accept it as a form of judgement. Now you can either seek for the truth, or just not care about it, but that does not make it go away. 

Galatians 4:16 - Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

LOL bro... iight im not even going to carry it further, peace homie I hope u find clarity