Rate this topic

:bismillah:

Assalam u Alaikum to all brothers and sisters.

So I have a question which i consider is very serious. As we all know that Muttah marriage is declared permitted by all of our Ayatollahs and scholar. None of them i guess consider muttah haram. But how can they declare muttah permissible when it was declared haram by our Imams. There are just few narrations in which muttah is considered permissible, and it is not stated clearly from those narrations that it is really permissible.

Here is the link where you can find dozens of narrations proving muttah haram(forbidden) : http://mullaandmutah.weebly.com/wikipedia.html

Here are some most clear narrations declaring muttah forbidden: 

1)Another hadith narrated from Imam Jafar Ul Sadaq[A.S] Narrated by A'maar: Abu Abdullah[Imam Jafar Sadaq]said to me and to Suliman Bin Khaled: "I made Mut'ah Haram on you".AL Kafi Pp 467.V5.Wiasal Shia Pp22.V21.

Shiekh Saduq classified it as Saheeh[AUTHENTIC] in his Minhaj Saduq Pp304.V7. Sheikh Sadra Hassan[With Good Chain of Narration] in his Commentry on AL Kafi.Pp461.V4.

2) Narrator says that he heard ibn Abi Umair who narrated from Ali bin Yaqtin saying: 'I asked Aba al-Hassan (a.s) about the Mutah and He (a.s) replied: 'What do you have to do with this, when Allah has made this unnecessary for you.' I said: 'I just wanted to know about it'. He (a.s) replied: 'It is Prohibated. Al- Kafi, Volume 5 page 442. Al Astibasar Pp459,V12.

Shiekh Amali and Shiekh Abu Hassan decleared it Saheeh in their Commentries on AL Kafi[pp35,V4 and Pp109.V10] and Hasan by AL Majlisi in his Maratul Uqool Pp59.V34.

NOW HOW CAN ALL OF OUR MARJAS, AND SCHOLARS DECLARE IT PERMISSIBLE WHEN IT IS PROVED THAT IT IS PROHIBITED ACCORDING TO OUR IMAMS ??

Salam. The Internet is full of fabricated hadith saying mutah is mubah or haram. Imams AS allowed mutah, as it was a sunnah in the time of the Prophet SA. You can read the refutation against all those fabricated sayings here: 

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/misuse-of-shia-hadeeth.html

The Imam has the right to advise against mut'a, this is not the same as absolute prohibition.

The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله advised certain people against praying, fasting etc for their own sake.

Edited by Ozzy

21 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Salam. The Internet is full of fabricated hadith saying mutah is mubah or haram. Imams AS allowed mutah, as it was a sunnah in the time of the Prophet SA. You can read the refutation against all those fabricated sayings here: 

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/misuse-of-shia-hadeeth.html

Okay, thanks for your reply. I have not read the full article but i will read it soon. But i still have a question i.e. how can we say the hadith that i quoted is fabricated when it is considered authentic and with a good chain of narration ??

55 minutes ago, zeesh_ali110 said:

I said: 'I just wanted to know about it'. He (a.s) replied: 'It is Prohibated. Al- Kafi, Volume 5 page 442. 

If you look at the link that I gave you, Al- Kafi, Volume 5 page 442 does not say prohibited, but says something else! They use these volume and page numbers to denounce Shias.  

55 minutes ago, zeesh_ali110 said:

2) Narrator says that he heard ibn Abi Umair who narrated from Ali bin Yaqtin saying: 'I asked Aba al-Hassan (a.s) about the Mutah and He (a.s) replied: 'What do you have to do with this, when Allah has made this unnecessary for you.' I said: 'I just wanted to know about it'.

This is in the case of Ali b. Yaqteen.

12 minutes ago, zeesh_ali110 said:

And he also said that it is the practice of prostitutes.

There are non-Shia who run visa businesses through traditional marriages (which has no time limit but conveniently ends very quickly), one can say that is prostitution too. It's one's attitude towards the issue.

Edited by Ozzy

Just now, Ozzy said:

This is in the case of Ali b. Yaqteen.

There are non-Shia who run visa businesses through traditional marriages (which had no time limit but conveniently ends very quickly), one can say that is prostitution too.

Brother if anyone would have said that i would not have believed but Our IMAM, Imam Jafar Sadiq said that it is the practice of prostitutes.

4 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

If you look at the link that I gave you, Al- Kafi, Volume 5 page 442 does not say prohibited, but says something else! They use these volume and page numbers to denounce Shias.  

Ohh and what about Imam Jaffar al Sadiq saying that it is the practice of prostitutes ??

Ok let's clear this up:

الكافي: علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن علي بن يقطين قال: سألت أبا الحسن موسى (عليه السلام) عن المتعة فقال: وما أنت وذاك فقد أغناك الله عنها، قلت: إنما أردت أن أعلمها، فقال: هي في كتاب علي (عليه السلام)، فقلت: نزيدها وتزداد؟ فقال: وهل يطيبه إلا ذاك

No mention of prohibition - hence deliberate manipulation of the text, secondly it was Imam al-Kazim عليه السلام.

وسئل جعفر بن محمد ( الإمام الصادق ) عن المتعة فقال : ( ما تفعله عندنا إلا الفواجر

Imam Sadiq عليه السلام advises not to engage in mut'a in a community where there are prostitutes so as not to be accused of engaging in it. Ali Ibn Yaqteen was an advisor to Haroon Abbasi, a personality like than needs to be more diplomatic that to engage in mut'a for his own safety.

Also, the fuqaha agree that there is no mut'a with known prostitutes. An Imam can advise the men to refrain from certain women in the area.

Edited by Ozzy

Another hadith in the article was

Kitab al Kafi Volume 5 Page 432                Imam Muhammad Baqir (alaihe salam) is reported to have said that there used to be secure women to do Mutah with, but now there is not, so you should know the women.

Possibly this is the reason why his son discouraged this. As for today, in the West Muslims are prone to Zina, so if they find a woman, it would not be prohibited. Also, in the West Muslims (not all) NEED Mutah to avoid sin. As for Ali ibn Yaqtin, he was 3 years older than the Imam (alaihe salam). His faith was not at risk without mutah. Salam.

6 hours ago, zeesh_ali110 said:

Ohh and what about Imam Jaffar al Sadiq saying that it is the practice of prostitutes ??

bismillah.gifWahabis  are in love with the word "prostitute". maybe because Wahabi are the product of prostitutes. Wahabis/Salafis don't believe in Mutta, but they believe in rape (jihadul nikkah), Wahabis don't believe in Muta, but they believe in Misyar (zina).

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

وسئل جعفر بن محمد ( الإمام الصادق ) عن المتعة فقال : ( ما تفعله عندنا إلا الفواجر

Imam Sadiq عليه السلام who was in Medina, may have discouraged Mut'a of certain women since in the year 63 AH after the incident of Harra, a thousand children were born out of wedlock ... and continued to upto his time.

البداية والنهاية لابن كثير: قال المدائني عن أبي قرة قال: قال هشام بن حسان: ولدت ألف امرأة من أهل المدينة بعد وقعة الحرة من غير زوج

Edited by Ozzy