Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
RevertSister

[LAWS]Henna on fingernails?

Rate this topic

As salaam alaikum. 

I know of some women that apply henna to their nails. I was wondering is it haram? Can you still pray/ make wudhu with henna on your nails? I've had a browse online about this matter but haven't really found anything on this topic. Any advice/ knowledge would be much appreciated as I'd like to apply some to my nails but I want to make sure it's permissible first. 

JazakAllah in advance. 

it is permissible to apply henna on hands and nails 

Use of henna (mehndi)
The Shariah (Islamic law) allows women to use henna. Hindh-Binte-'Ukbah (may Allah be pleased with her) said to the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), 'I want to take oath to you,' to which the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied, 'First go and colour your hands.' 
Male or a Female'
A woman wished to give the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) a book (from behind a curtain), the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) withdrew his hands and said, 'I cannot tell whether this is a male or a female's hand.' The woman replied, 'It is a woman's hand.' The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied, 'If it is a woman's hand then the fingers should be coloured with henna.' 
It is important to learn from the previous two hadiths that a woman can colour her hands and feet with henna. If a woman does not wish to colour her hands and feet then she should at least colour her fingernails, so that one can distinguish between a man's hand and a woman's hand. Therefore if a woman is interested in colouring her hands then she should not use nail polish, but should resort to henna as the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) agreed with it.
Men & Henna
It is forbidden for men to apply Henna (Mehndi) on their hands or feet. If applied on a young boy then the person putting the henna on him is responsible for the sin

Jazakillah!! Thanks so much for your reply alhamdulillah. I'm excited now to put henna on my nails lol. 

May Allah swt reward you. 

As salaam alaikum.