Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
WhoAmI

When does Allah stop care?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Is there any hadiths that tells Allah (swt) Will stop be merciful. For example if one has sinned very much? Or is it that Allah's Mercy is infinite ?

Salam. It's in the Holy Qur'an. "Say: To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the earth? Say: To Allah; He has ordained mercy on Himself..." [Holy Qur'an 6:12]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And when those who believe in Our communications come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained mercy on Himself, (so) that if any one of you does evil in ignorance, then turns after that and acts aright, then He is Forgiving, Merciful." [Holy Qur'an 6:54] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful." [Holy Qur'an 39:53]  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hameedeh said:

Salam. It's in the Holy Qur'an. "Say: To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the earth? Say: To Allah; He has ordained mercy on Himself..." [Holy Qur'an 6:12]

 

15 hours ago, hameedeh said:

"And when those who believe in Our communications come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained mercy on Himself, (so) that if any one of you does evil in ignorance, then turns after that and acts aright, then He is Forgiving, Merciful." [Holy Qur'an 6:54] 

 

14 hours ago, hameedeh said:

"Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful." [Holy Qur'an 39:53]  

Thank you sister, appreciated! Allah bless you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WhoAmI You're welcome. I'm sorry nobody posted a hadith for you. If you like, I can move the topic to the Hadeeth forum and see if more people reply to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salam,

Here are three authentic adīth that talks about the great Mercy that Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) has bestowed upon us. All three adīth say the same thing, which is: 

1,)    If someone intends to do a good deed, and does not go through with it, he will be rewarded with one good deed because of his intention.

2.)   If someone intents to do a good deed, and does go through with it, he will be rewarded with ten good deeds.

3.)   If someone intends to do a bad deed, and does not go through with it, nothing will be written against him.

4.)   If someone intends to do a bad deed, and does go through with it, only one bad deed will be written against him.

 
The first adīth gives us the conversation that Ādam (عليه السلام) had with Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) after he was created. 

 
The second adīth essentially says the same thing as the first, but within this adīth it talks about if you do commit a bad deed, then you have seven hours to seek forgiveness from Allāh. I have discussed the delaying of sins being written down for seven hours in another blog post. (Click here: http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/10/repent-before-your-seven-hours-are-up.html). This 

adīth also says that if you do a good deed, it will erase the bad deed you have done. 
 
The third adīth says the same thing as the first and second adīth.

 
I have made two posts prior to this one on the Mercy of Allāh: (Click links below)

1.       Mercy of Allāh

 
عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ جَمِيلِ بْنِ دَرَّاجٍ عَنِ«» بُكَيْرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ أَوْ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ إِنَّ آدَمَ ع قَالَ يَا رَبِّ سَلَّطْتَ عَلَيَّ الشَّيْطَانَ وَ أَجْرَيْتَهُ مِنِّي مَجْرَى الدَّمِ فَاجْعَلْ لِي شَيْئاً فَقَالَ يَا آدَمُ جَعَلْتُ لَكَ أَنَّ مَنْ هَمَّ مِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِكَ بِسَيِّئَةٍ لَمْ تُكْتَبْ عَلَيْهِ فَإِنْ عَمِلَهَا كُتِبَتْ عَلَيْهِ سَيِّئَةٌ وَ مَنْ هَمَّ مِنْهُمْ بِحَسَنَةٍ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كُتِبَتْ لَهُ حَسَنَةٌ فَإِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا كُتِبَتْ لَهُ عَشْراً قَالَ يَا رَبِّ زِدْنِي قَالَ جَعَلْتُ لَكَ أَنَّ مَنْ عَمِلَ مِنْهُمْ سَيِّئَةً ثُمَّ اسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُ غَفَرْتُ لَهُ قَالَ يَا رَبِّ زِدْنِي قَالَ جَعَلْتُ لَهُمُ التَّوْبَةَ أَوْ قَالَ بَسَطْتُ لَهُمُ التَّوْبَةَ حَتَّى تَبْلُغَ النَّفْسُ هَذِهِ قَالَ يَا رَبِّ حَسْبِي


From Ibn Bukayr from Abī `Abd Allāh or Abī Ja`far (عليه السلام) said: Verily Ādam (عليه السلام) said: ‘O Lord, you have made shayṭān have mastery over me, and he (shayṭān) flows in my bloodstream, so make something for me’ So He said: ‘O Ādam, I will make for you that whoever intends from your progeny a bad (deed), he will not have anything written against him, and If does the act, a bad (deed) will be written against him. And whoever from them intends to do a good (deed), and if he does not do it, a good (deed) will be written for him, and if he does it, ten good deeds will be written for him’ He (Ādam) said: ‘O Lord, give me more!’ He said: ‘I have made for you that whoever from them does a bad deed, then seeks forgives for it, I will forgive him’ He (Ādam) said: ‘O Lord, give me more!’ He said: ‘I have made for them tawbah (repentance) or (the Imām said) He said: ‘I have expanded for them tawbah (repentance) until the sould reaches this (i.e. throat) He (Ādam) said: ‘O Lord, this is enough for me’

Source:

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 440, hadeeth # 1

Grading:

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Ḥasan (Good) 
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 15, pg. 311

 
 
 
 
مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ فَضْلِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ الْمُرَادِيِّ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص أَرْبَعٌ مَنْ كُنَّ فِيهِ لَمْ يَهْلِكْ عَلَى اللَّهِ بَعْدَهُنَّ إِلَّا هَالِكٌ يَهُمُّ الْعَبْدُ بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَيَعْمَلُهَا فَإِنْ هُوَ لَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَهُ حَسَنَةً بِحُسْنِ نِيَّتِهِ وَ إِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَهُ عَشْراً وَ يَهُمُّ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ أَنْ يَعْمَلَهَا فَإِنْ لَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا لَمْ يُكْتَبْ عَلَيْهِ شَيْ‏ءٌ وَ إِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا أُجِّلَ سَبْعَ سَاعَاتٍ وَ قَالَ صَاحِبُ الْحَسَنَاتِ لِصَاحِبِ السَّيِّئَاتِ وَ هُوَ صَاحِبُ الشِّمَالِ لَا تَعْجَلْ عَسَى أَنْ يُتْبِعَهَا بِحَسَنَةٍ تَمْحُوهَا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ يَقُولُ إِنَّ الْحَسَناتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئاتِ (هود -: 114 -) أَوِ الِاسْتِغْفَارِ فَإِنْ هُوَ قَالَ أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَ الشَّهَادَةِ الْعَزِيزَ الْحَكِيمَ الْغَفُورَ الرَّحِيمَ ذَا الْجَلَالِ وَ الْإِكْرَامِ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ لَمْ يُكْتَبْ عَلَيْهِ شَيْ‏ءٌ وَ إِنْ مَضَتْ سَبْعُ سَاعَاتٍ وَ لَمْ يُتْبِعْهَا بِحَسَنَةٍ وَ اسْتِغْفَارٍ قَالَ صَاحِبُ الْحَسَنَاتِ لِصَاحِبِ السَّيِّئَاتِ اكْتُبْ عَلَى الشَّقِيِّ الْمَحْرُومِ


From Faḍl (Fuḍayl) bin `Uthmān al-Murādī said I heard Abā `Abd Allāh (عليه السلام) say, the Messenger of Allāh (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: ‘Whoever has four (things) in him, you will not be destroyed by Allāh unless you are of the destroyed ones: A servant intends to do a good action, and if he does not do it, Allāh will write for him the good (deed) because of his good intention. And if he does the action, Allāh will written for him ten (good deeds).  If he intends to do a bad action, and he does not do it, He will not write anything against him, but if he does the action Allāh will delay seven hours (in order for him to repent). And the owner (angel) for the good (deeds) will say to the owner (angel) of the bad deeds, and he will be the people of the left, ‘Do not hurry maybe he might pursue a good (deed) that will erase it (the bad deed).’ For verily Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) says: “The good (deeds) take away the bad (deeds)” (11:114) or seek forgiveness (for it). And if he said: “I seek forgives from Allāh, who no one deserves to be worshiped except Him, He knows the unseen (ghayb) and the manifest. He is the Most Majestic, the Most Wise, the Forgiving, the Mericiful, Glorious and Honourable, and I repent to Him”, He will not write anything against him, if the seven hours passes up and he does not pursue a good (deed) and seeks forgiveness. The owner (angel) of the good (deeds) will say to the owner (angel) of the bad (deeds): ‘Write against the miserable and deprived!’

Source:

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 429-430, hadeeth # 4

Grading:

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic) 
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 11, pg. 293

 
 
 
عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ سَمَاعَةَ بْنِ مِهْرَانَ عَنْ أَبِي بَصِيرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ إِنَّ الْمُؤْمِنَ لَيَهُمُّ بِالْحَسَنَةِ وَ لَا يَعْمَلُ بِهَا فَتُكْتَبُ لَهُ حَسَنَةٌ وَ إِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا كُتِبَتْ لَهُ عَشْرُ حَسَنَاتٍ وَ إِنَّ الْمُؤْمِنَ لَيَهُمُّ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ أَنْ يَعْمَلَهَا فَلَا يَعْمَلُهَا فَلَا تُكْتَبُ عَلَيْهِ


From Abī Baṣīr from Abī `Abd Allāh (عليه السلام) said: “Verily, the mu’min (believer) intends to do a good (deed), but he does not act by it, then a good (deed) will be written for him. And if he acts upon it, ten good (deeds) will be written for him. If a mu’min intends to do a bad (deed) and act upon it, but if he does not act upon it, there will be nothing written against him”

Source:

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 428-429, hadeeth # 2

Grading:

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Muwaththaq (Reliable) 
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 11, pg. 292

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2012/01/mercy-of-Allah-part-3.html

Here is a SaHīH (Authentic) hadīth that shows the great mercy that Allāh has for the mu’minīn. Inshā’Allāh, we are of the mu’minīn.

 
مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ مَحْبُوبٍ عَنِ الْعَلَاءِ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدَ بْنَ مُسْلِمٍ ذُنُوبُ الْمُؤْمِنِ إِذَا تَابَ مِنْهَا مَغْفُورَةٌ لَهُ فَلْيَعْمَلِ الْمُؤْمِنُ لِمَا يَسْتَأْنِفُ بَعْدَ التَّوْبَةِ وَ الْمَغْفِرَةِ أَمَا وَ اللَّهِ إِنَّهَا لَيْسَتْ إِلَّا لِأَهْلِ الْإِيمَانِ

From Muhammad bin Muslim from Abī Ja`far (عليه السلام) said: “O Muhammad bin Muslim, the sins of a mu’min, if he repents for it, he is forgiven for it. The mu’min must resume his actions after repentance and forgiveness, but by Allāh, this is not for (everyone), except the people of Imān.” 

 
قُلْتُ فَإِنْ عَادَ بَعْدَ التَّوْبَةِ وَ الِاسْتِغْفَارِ مِنَ الذُّنُوبِ وَ عَادَ فِي التَّوْبَةِ فَقَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدَ بْنَ مُسْلِمٍ أَ تَرَى الْعَبْدَ الْمُؤْمِنَ يَنْدَمُ عَلَى ذَنْبِهِ وَ يَسْتَغْفِرُ مِنْهُ وَ يَتُوبُ ثُمَّ لَا يَقْبَلُ اللَّهُ تَوْبَتَهُ قُلْتُ فَإِنَّهُ فَعَلَ ذَلِكَ مِرَاراً يُذْنِبُ ثُمَّ يَتُوبُ وَ يَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ فَقَالَ كُلَّمَا عَادَ الْمُؤْمِنُ بِالاسْتِغْفَارِ وَ التَّوْبَةِ عَادَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ بِالْمَغْفِرَةِ وَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ يَقْبَلُ التَّوْبَةَ وَ يَعْفُو عَنِ السَّيِّئَاتِ فَإِيَّاكَ أَنْ تُقَنِّطَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ

I (narrator) said: “What if he returns back to sin after the repentance and forgiveness, and he returns in repents (again)?” So he (عليه السلام) said: “O Muhammad bin Muslims, do you think that a believing servant regrets for his sins, and asks forgiveness from it and repents, then Allāh will not accept his repentance? I (narrator) said: “What if he repeats that sin, then repents and ask for forgiveness from Allāh? So he (عليه السلام) said: “Whenever a mu’minreturns in asking for forgiveness and repents, Allāh will return his forgiveness to him, and verily Allāh is forgiving and merciful. He accepts repentance and forgives from the evil (deeds). You must beware that the mu’minīn (never) despair from the mercy of Allāh”

Source:

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 434, hadeeth # 6

Grading:

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 11, pg. 302

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/10/mercy-of-Allah-to-believers.html

An incredible story of a man who fought his nafs to submit to Allah (swt) and his Imam (as). It resulted in the tears of Imam Ali (as) to flow down his cheeks. 

Before we share this amazing story, we want to make clear that engaging in homosexual activities is something completely forbidden in Islam. Aside from the Qur’anic proofs through the story of Prophet Lut (as), we find many hadiths condemning and heavily punished and we are not here to justify it. For example:

(It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far (as) having said: ‘The passive sodomist, his Penalty (Hadd) is the Penalty (Hadd) of the adulterer’. (Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 21, Hadith #8, Majlisi says this hadith is Reliable like Sahih)
(It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far (as) having said: ‘The lesbian would be whipped’. (Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 23, Hadith #3, Majlisi says this hadith is Reliable like Sahih)

However, how these penalties and punishments are to be established, and the sinner to be judged worthy of this punishment, is a process that is not taken into consideration by most people when discussing the Hadd’s (Punishments) in Islam. 

For example, the severe punishment of stoning for the fornicators requires FOUR eye witnesses who are reliable of the explicit event taking place, or the testimony of the actual sinner(s) to testify openly FOUR times (The following story is an example of this). It is virtually impossible for it to be established. 
However, for some people, they understand the Mercy of Allah (swt) and know the temporal punishment of this life is worth the alleviation of the eternal punishment in the next life. For example, this noble man who literally begged for the punishment to be put on him, so that he may be forgiven by Allah (swt).

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (as) having said: ‘Whilst Amir Al-Momineen (as) was among a group of his (as) companions, when a man came over and said, ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! I have gone to (sexual relations with) a boy, therefore purify me’. So he (as) said: ‘O you! Go to your house, perhaps your gall bladder is exciting you’.
So when is was the next morning, he returned to him (as) and said to him (as), ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! I have gone to a boy, therefore purify me’. So he (as) said to him: ‘O you! Go to your house, perhaps your gall bladder is exciting you’. He did it three times after the first. So when it was during the fourth, he (as) said to him: ‘O you! Messenger of Allah (sawa) had judged regarding (a case) similar to yours with three judgements, therefore choose which of these you like’. He said, ‘And what are these, O Amir Al-Momineen?’ He (as) said: ‘A strike with the sword in your neck, it reaches what it reaches, or throwing you off the mountain with your hands and feet tied up, or burning with the fire’. So he said, ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! Which of these is the harshest upon me’. He (as) said: ‘Burning with the fire’. He said, ‘So I have chosen it, O Amir Al-Momineen! He (as) said: ‘Are you prepared to take that, I shall call for you’. So he said, ‘Yes’.
So he (as) said: ‘So he (the sinner) Prayed two cycles (rak’ah), then sat in his Tashahhud, so he said: ‘O Allah! I had committed from the sins which You Know of, and I feared from that. So I went to the successor of Your Messenger (sawa), and a cousin of Your Prophet (sawa), so I asked him (as) that he (as) should purify me. So he (as) gave me a choice of three types of punishment. O Allah! So I have chosen the harshest of these. O Allah! I ask You that You Make that as an expiation of my sin, and that You do not Burn me with Your Fire in my Hereafter!’
Then he stood up and he was crying until he sat in the pit which had been dug out for him by Amir Al-Momineen (as), and he was seeing the fire inflaming around him. So Amir Al-Momineen (as) wept and his companions wept altogether. So Amir Al-Momineen (as) said to him: ‘Arise, O you, for you have made the Angels of the sky and the Angels of the earth to cry, so Allah (swt) has Turned towards you (with Mercy). So arise and do not repeat anything from what you have done’.

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن محبوب، عن ابن رئاب، عن مالك بن عطية عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: بينا أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام في ملا من أصحابه إذ أتاه رجل فقال: يا أمير المؤمنين: إني قد أوقبت على غلام فطهرني، فقال له: يا هذا امض إلى منزلك لعل مرارا هاج بك فلما كان من غد عاد إليه فقال له: يا أمير المؤمنين إني أوقبت على غلام فطهرني فقال له: يا هذا امض إلى منزلك لعل مرارا هاج بك حتى فعل ذلك ثلاثا بعد مرته الأولى فلما كان في الرابعة قال له: يا هذا إن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله حكم في مثلك بثلاثة أحكام فاختر أيهن شئت، قال: وما هن يا أمير المؤمنين؟ قال: ضربة بالسيف في عنقك بالغة ما بلغت أو اهداء من جبل مشدود اليدين والرجلين، أو إحراق بالنار فقال: يا أمير المؤمنين أيهن أشد علي؟ قال: الاحراق بالنار قال: فإني قد اخترتها يا أمير المؤمنين قال: خذ لذلك أهبتك فقال: نعم فقام فصلى ركعتين ثم جلس في تشهده فقال: اللهم إني قد أتيت من الذنب ما قد علمته وإني تخوفت من ذلك فجئت إلى وصي رسولك وابن عم نبيك فسألته أن يطهرني فخيرني بين ثلاثة أصناف من العذاب اللهم فإني قد اخترت أشدها اللهم فإني أسألك أن تجعل ذلك كفارة لذنوبي وأن لا تحرقني بنارك في آخرتي ثم قام وهو باك حتى جلس في الحفرة التي حفرها له أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام وهو يرى النار تتأجج حوله قال: فبكى أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام وبكى أصحابه جميعا فقال له أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام: قم يا هذا فقد أبكيت ملائكة السماء وملائكة الأرض فإن الله قد تاب عليك فقم ولا تعاودن شيئا مما قد فعلت

Sanad: Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Mahboub, from Ibn Raib, from Maalik Bin Atiyya who said the above hadith 
Source: Furu’ Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 22, Hadith #1 (See First Image below) 
Grading: Allaamah Majlisi (rh) said this hadith has a Hasan/Good chain (حسن) [Mira’at Al-Uqool, Volume 23, Page 306 (See Second Image below)] 

http://purifiedhousehold.com/from-homosexual-facing-death-to-angels-crying-for-him-the-mercy-of-Allah-swt/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vestige said:

Salam,

Here are three authentic adīth that talks about the great Mercy that Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) has bestowed upon us. All three adīth say the same thing, which is: 
 

 

1,)    If someone intends to do a good deed, and does not go through with it, he will be rewarded with one good deed because of his intention.

 

2.)   If someone intents to do a good deed, and does go through with it, he will be rewarded with ten good deeds.

 

3.)   If someone intends to do a bad deed, and does not go through with it, nothing will be written against him.

 

4.)   If someone intends to do a bad deed, and does go through with it, only one bad deed will be written against him.

 

 
The first adīth gives us the conversation that Ādam (عليه السلام) had with Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) after he was created. 

 

 
The second adīth essentially says the same thing as the first, but within this adīth it talks about if you do commit a bad deed, then you have seven hours to seek forgiveness from Allāh. I have discussed the delaying of sins being written down for seven hours in another blog post. (Click here: http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/10/repent-before-your-seven-hours-are-up.html). This 

 

adīth also says that if you do a good deed, it will erase the bad deed you have done. 
 
The third adīth says the same thing as the first and second adīth.

 

 
I have made two posts prior to this one on the Mercy of Allāh: (Click links below)

 

1.       Mercy of Allāh
 

 

 
عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ جَمِيلِ بْنِ دَرَّاجٍ عَنِ«» بُكَيْرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ أَوْ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ إِنَّ آدَمَ ع قَالَ يَا رَبِّ سَلَّطْتَ عَلَيَّ الشَّيْطَانَ وَ أَجْرَيْتَهُ مِنِّي مَجْرَى الدَّمِ فَاجْعَلْ لِي شَيْئاً فَقَالَ يَا آدَمُ جَعَلْتُ لَكَ أَنَّ مَنْ هَمَّ مِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِكَ بِسَيِّئَةٍ لَمْ تُكْتَبْ عَلَيْهِ فَإِنْ عَمِلَهَا كُتِبَتْ عَلَيْهِ سَيِّئَةٌ وَ مَنْ هَمَّ مِنْهُمْ بِحَسَنَةٍ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كُتِبَتْ لَهُ حَسَنَةٌ فَإِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا كُتِبَتْ لَهُ عَشْراً قَالَ يَا رَبِّ زِدْنِي قَالَ جَعَلْتُ لَكَ أَنَّ مَنْ عَمِلَ مِنْهُمْ سَيِّئَةً ثُمَّ اسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُ غَفَرْتُ لَهُ قَالَ يَا رَبِّ زِدْنِي قَالَ جَعَلْتُ لَهُمُ التَّوْبَةَ أَوْ قَالَ بَسَطْتُ لَهُمُ التَّوْبَةَ حَتَّى تَبْلُغَ النَّفْسُ هَذِهِ قَالَ يَا رَبِّ حَسْبِي

 


From Ibn Bukayr from Abī `Abd Allāh or Abī Ja`far (عليه السلام) said: Verily Ādam (عليه السلام) said: ‘O Lord, you have made shayṭān have mastery over me, and he (shayṭān) flows in my bloodstream, so make something for me’ So He said: ‘O Ādam, I will make for you that whoever intends from your progeny a bad (deed), he will not have anything written against him, and If does the act, a bad (deed) will be written against him. And whoever from them intends to do a good (deed), and if he does not do it, a good (deed) will be written for him, and if he does it, ten good deeds will be written for him’ He (Ādam) said: ‘O Lord, give me more!’ He said: ‘I have made for you that whoever from them does a bad deed, then seeks forgives for it, I will forgive him’ He (Ādam) said: ‘O Lord, give me more!’ He said: ‘I have made for them tawbah (repentance) or (the Imām said) He said: ‘I have expanded for them tawbah (repentance) until the sould reaches this (i.e. throat) He (Ādam) said: ‘O Lord, this is enough for me’

 

Source:

 

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 440, hadeeth # 1

 

Grading:

 

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Ḥasan (Good) 
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 15, pg. 311

 

 
 
 
 
مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ فَضْلِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ الْمُرَادِيِّ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص أَرْبَعٌ مَنْ كُنَّ فِيهِ لَمْ يَهْلِكْ عَلَى اللَّهِ بَعْدَهُنَّ إِلَّا هَالِكٌ يَهُمُّ الْعَبْدُ بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَيَعْمَلُهَا فَإِنْ هُوَ لَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَهُ حَسَنَةً بِحُسْنِ نِيَّتِهِ وَ إِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَهُ عَشْراً وَ يَهُمُّ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ أَنْ يَعْمَلَهَا فَإِنْ لَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا لَمْ يُكْتَبْ عَلَيْهِ شَيْ‏ءٌ وَ إِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا أُجِّلَ سَبْعَ سَاعَاتٍ وَ قَالَ صَاحِبُ الْحَسَنَاتِ لِصَاحِبِ السَّيِّئَاتِ وَ هُوَ صَاحِبُ الشِّمَالِ لَا تَعْجَلْ عَسَى أَنْ يُتْبِعَهَا بِحَسَنَةٍ تَمْحُوهَا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ يَقُولُ إِنَّ الْحَسَناتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئاتِ (هود -: 114 -) أَوِ الِاسْتِغْفَارِ فَإِنْ هُوَ قَالَ أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَ الشَّهَادَةِ الْعَزِيزَ الْحَكِيمَ الْغَفُورَ الرَّحِيمَ ذَا الْجَلَالِ وَ الْإِكْرَامِ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ لَمْ يُكْتَبْ عَلَيْهِ شَيْ‏ءٌ وَ إِنْ مَضَتْ سَبْعُ سَاعَاتٍ وَ لَمْ يُتْبِعْهَا بِحَسَنَةٍ وَ اسْتِغْفَارٍ قَالَ صَاحِبُ الْحَسَنَاتِ لِصَاحِبِ السَّيِّئَاتِ اكْتُبْ عَلَى الشَّقِيِّ الْمَحْرُومِ

 


From Faḍl (Fuḍayl) bin `Uthmān al-Murādī said I heard Abā `Abd Allāh (عليه السلام) say, the Messenger of Allāh (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: ‘Whoever has four (things) in him, you will not be destroyed by Allāh unless you are of the destroyed ones: A servant intends to do a good action, and if he does not do it, Allāh will write for him the good (deed) because of his good intention. And if he does the action, Allāh will written for him ten (good deeds).  If he intends to do a bad action, and he does not do it, He will not write anything against him, but if he does the action Allāh will delay seven hours (in order for him to repent). And the owner (angel) for the good (deeds) will say to the owner (angel) of the bad deeds, and he will be the people of the left, ‘Do not hurry maybe he might pursue a good (deed) that will erase it (the bad deed).’ For verily Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) says: “The good (deeds) take away the bad (deeds)” (11:114) or seek forgiveness (for it). And if he said: “I seek forgives from Allāh, who no one deserves to be worshiped except Him, He knows the unseen (ghayb) and the manifest. He is the Most Majestic, the Most Wise, the Forgiving, the Mericiful, Glorious and Honourable, and I repent to Him”, He will not write anything against him, if the seven hours passes up and he does not pursue a good (deed) and seeks forgiveness. The owner (angel) of the good (deeds) will say to the owner (angel) of the bad (deeds): ‘Write against the miserable and deprived!’

 

Source:

 

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 429-430, hadeeth # 4

 

Grading:

 

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic) 
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 11, pg. 293

 

 
 
 
عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ سَمَاعَةَ بْنِ مِهْرَانَ عَنْ أَبِي بَصِيرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ إِنَّ الْمُؤْمِنَ لَيَهُمُّ بِالْحَسَنَةِ وَ لَا يَعْمَلُ بِهَا فَتُكْتَبُ لَهُ حَسَنَةٌ وَ إِنْ هُوَ عَمِلَهَا كُتِبَتْ لَهُ عَشْرُ حَسَنَاتٍ وَ إِنَّ الْمُؤْمِنَ لَيَهُمُّ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ أَنْ يَعْمَلَهَا فَلَا يَعْمَلُهَا فَلَا تُكْتَبُ عَلَيْهِ

 


From Abī Baṣīr from Abī `Abd Allāh (عليه السلام) said: “Verily, the mu’min (believer) intends to do a good (deed), but he does not act by it, then a good (deed) will be written for him. And if he acts upon it, ten good (deeds) will be written for him. If a mu’min intends to do a bad (deed) and act upon it, but if he does not act upon it, there will be nothing written against him”

 

Source:

 

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 428-429, hadeeth # 2

 

Grading:

 

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Muwaththaq (Reliable) 
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 11, pg. 292

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2012/01/mercy-of-Allah-part-3.html

Here is a SaHīH (Authentic) hadīth that shows the great mercy that Allāh has for the mu’minīn. Inshā’Allāh, we are of the mu’minīn.

 
مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ مَحْبُوبٍ عَنِ الْعَلَاءِ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدَ بْنَ مُسْلِمٍ ذُنُوبُ الْمُؤْمِنِ إِذَا تَابَ مِنْهَا مَغْفُورَةٌ لَهُ فَلْيَعْمَلِ الْمُؤْمِنُ لِمَا يَسْتَأْنِفُ بَعْدَ التَّوْبَةِ وَ الْمَغْفِرَةِ أَمَا وَ اللَّهِ إِنَّهَا لَيْسَتْ إِلَّا لِأَهْلِ الْإِيمَانِ

 

From Muhammad bin Muslim from Abī Ja`far (عليه السلام) said: “O Muhammad bin Muslim, the sins of a mu’min, if he repents for it, he is forgiven for it. The mu’min must resume his actions after repentance and forgiveness, but by Allāh, this is not for (everyone), except the people of Imān.” 

 

 
قُلْتُ فَإِنْ عَادَ بَعْدَ التَّوْبَةِ وَ الِاسْتِغْفَارِ مِنَ الذُّنُوبِ وَ عَادَ فِي التَّوْبَةِ فَقَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدَ بْنَ مُسْلِمٍ أَ تَرَى الْعَبْدَ الْمُؤْمِنَ يَنْدَمُ عَلَى ذَنْبِهِ وَ يَسْتَغْفِرُ مِنْهُ وَ يَتُوبُ ثُمَّ لَا يَقْبَلُ اللَّهُ تَوْبَتَهُ قُلْتُ فَإِنَّهُ فَعَلَ ذَلِكَ مِرَاراً يُذْنِبُ ثُمَّ يَتُوبُ وَ يَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ فَقَالَ كُلَّمَا عَادَ الْمُؤْمِنُ بِالاسْتِغْفَارِ وَ التَّوْبَةِ عَادَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ بِالْمَغْفِرَةِ وَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ يَقْبَلُ التَّوْبَةَ وَ يَعْفُو عَنِ السَّيِّئَاتِ فَإِيَّاكَ أَنْ تُقَنِّطَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ

 

I (narrator) said: “What if he returns back to sin after the repentance and forgiveness, and he returns in repents (again)?” So he (عليه السلام) said: “O Muhammad bin Muslims, do you think that a believing servant regrets for his sins, and asks forgiveness from it and repents, then Allāh will not accept his repentance? I (narrator) said: “What if he repeats that sin, then repents and ask for forgiveness from Allāh? So he (عليه السلام) said: “Whenever a mu’minreturns in asking for forgiveness and repents, Allāh will return his forgiveness to him, and verily Allāh is forgiving and merciful. He accepts repentance and forgives from the evil (deeds). You must beware that the mu’minīn (never) despair from the mercy of Allāh”

 

Source:

 

1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 434, hadeeth # 6

 

Grading:

 

1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 11, pg. 302

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/10/mercy-of-Allah-to-believers.html

An incredible story of a man who fought his nafs to submit to Allah (swt) and his Imam (as). It resulted in the tears of Imam Ali (as) to flow down his cheeks. 

Before we share this amazing story, we want to make clear that engaging in homosexual activities is something completely forbidden in Islam. Aside from the Qur’anic proofs through the story of Prophet Lut (as), we find many hadiths condemning and heavily punished and we are not here to justify it. For example:

(It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far (as) having said: ‘The passive sodomist, his Penalty (Hadd) is the Penalty (Hadd) of the adulterer’. (Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 21, Hadith #8, Majlisi says this hadith is Reliable like Sahih)
(It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far (as) having said: ‘The lesbian would be whipped’. (Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 23, Hadith #3, Majlisi says this hadith is Reliable like Sahih)

However, how these penalties and punishments are to be established, and the sinner to be judged worthy of this punishment, is a process that is not taken into consideration by most people when discussing the Hadd’s (Punishments) in Islam. 

For example, the severe punishment of stoning for the fornicators requires FOUR eye witnesses who are reliable of the explicit event taking place, or the testimony of the actual sinner(s) to testify openly FOUR times (The following story is an example of this). It is virtually impossible for it to be established. 
However, for some people, they understand the Mercy of Allah (swt) and know the temporal punishment of this life is worth the alleviation of the eternal punishment in the next life. For example, this noble man who literally begged for the punishment to be put on him, so that he may be forgiven by Allah (swt).

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (as) having said: ‘Whilst Amir Al-Momineen (as) was among a group of his (as) companions, when a man came over and said, ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! I have gone to (sexual relations with) a boy, therefore purify me’. So he (as) said: ‘O you! Go to your house, perhaps your gall bladder is exciting you’.
So when is was the next morning, he returned to him (as) and said to him (as), ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! I have gone to a boy, therefore purify me’. So he (as) said to him: ‘O you! Go to your house, perhaps your gall bladder is exciting you’. He did it three times after the first. So when it was during the fourth, he (as) said to him: ‘O you! Messenger of Allah (sawa) had judged regarding (a case) similar to yours with three judgements, therefore choose which of these you like’. He said, ‘And what are these, O Amir Al-Momineen?’ He (as) said: ‘A strike with the sword in your neck, it reaches what it reaches, or throwing you off the mountain with your hands and feet tied up, or burning with the fire’. So he said, ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! Which of these is the harshest upon me’. He (as) said: ‘Burning with the fire’. He said, ‘So I have chosen it, O Amir Al-Momineen! He (as) said: ‘Are you prepared to take that, I shall call for you’. So he said, ‘Yes’.
So he (as) said: ‘So he (the sinner) Prayed two cycles (rak’ah), then sat in his Tashahhud, so he said: ‘O Allah! I had committed from the sins which You Know of, and I feared from that. So I went to the successor of Your Messenger (sawa), and a cousin of Your Prophet (sawa), so I asked him (as) that he (as) should purify me. So he (as) gave me a choice of three types of punishment. O Allah! So I have chosen the harshest of these. O Allah! I ask You that You Make that as an expiation of my sin, and that You do not Burn me with Your Fire in my Hereafter!’
Then he stood up and he was crying until he sat in the pit which had been dug out for him by Amir Al-Momineen (as), and he was seeing the fire inflaming around him. So Amir Al-Momineen (as) wept and his companions wept altogether. So Amir Al-Momineen (as) said to him: ‘Arise, O you, for you have made the Angels of the sky and the Angels of the earth to cry, so Allah (swt) has Turned towards you (with Mercy). So arise and do not repeat anything from what you have done’.

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن محبوب، عن ابن رئاب، عن مالك بن عطية عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: بينا أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام في ملا من أصحابه إذ أتاه رجل فقال: يا أمير المؤمنين: إني قد أوقبت على غلام فطهرني، فقال له: يا هذا امض إلى منزلك لعل مرارا هاج بك فلما كان من غد عاد إليه فقال له: يا أمير المؤمنين إني أوقبت على غلام فطهرني فقال له: يا هذا امض إلى منزلك لعل مرارا هاج بك حتى فعل ذلك ثلاثا بعد مرته الأولى فلما كان في الرابعة قال له: يا هذا إن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله حكم في مثلك بثلاثة أحكام فاختر أيهن شئت، قال: وما هن يا أمير المؤمنين؟ قال: ضربة بالسيف في عنقك بالغة ما بلغت أو اهداء من جبل مشدود اليدين والرجلين، أو إحراق بالنار فقال: يا أمير المؤمنين أيهن أشد علي؟ قال: الاحراق بالنار قال: فإني قد اخترتها يا أمير المؤمنين قال: خذ لذلك أهبتك فقال: نعم فقام فصلى ركعتين ثم جلس في تشهده فقال: اللهم إني قد أتيت من الذنب ما قد علمته وإني تخوفت من ذلك فجئت إلى وصي رسولك وابن عم نبيك فسألته أن يطهرني فخيرني بين ثلاثة أصناف من العذاب اللهم فإني قد اخترت أشدها اللهم فإني أسألك أن تجعل ذلك كفارة لذنوبي وأن لا تحرقني بنارك في آخرتي ثم قام وهو باك حتى جلس في الحفرة التي حفرها له أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام وهو يرى النار تتأجج حوله قال: فبكى أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام وبكى أصحابه جميعا فقال له أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام: قم يا هذا فقد أبكيت ملائكة السماء وملائكة الأرض فإن الله قد تاب عليك فقم ولا تعاودن شيئا مما قد فعلت

Sanad: Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Mahboub, from Ibn Raib, from Maalik Bin Atiyya who said the above hadith 
Source: Furu’ Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 22, Hadith #1 (See First Image below) 
Grading: Allaamah Majlisi (rh) said this hadith has a Hasan/Good chain (حسن) [Mira’at Al-Uqool, Volume 23, Page 306 (See Second Image below)] 

http://purifiedhousehold.com/from-homosexual-facing-death-to-angels-crying-for-him-the-mercy-of-Allah-swt/

Jazakallah khair.

Just one question, Lets say one has stacked sins through years, Is the repentance still sufficient?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhoAmI said:

Jazakallah khair.

Just one question, Lets say one has stacked sins through years, Is the repentance still sufficient?

Of course. You just need to make sure this repentance is sincere and consistent, vowing never to repeat the sin again. And even if you do, you must immediately turn to repentance and exert all the effort you can in order to avoid it in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vestige said:

Of course. You just need to make sure this repentance is sincere and consistent, vowing never to repeat the sin again. And even if you do, you must immediately turn to repentance and exert all the effort you can in order to avoid it in the future.

Jazakallah khair, brother. Thank you for your effort. Allah bless you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...