Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Basim Karbalai on Tatbir

Rate this topic

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People around the world are debating whether living on mars is possible, if they can make nuclear cars, if they can make super computers even faster, if they can make anti matter etc etc Follower

I am donating blood every Arbaeen in Hussaini Blood camp from last 4 years, it gives me more pleasure. Someone said very good thing .. If you donate blood and when someone's life got saved. There

إن أصل هذا الخبر حسب تتبعي هو ما رواه الشيخ المفيد في كتاب الإرشاد ص 232 ، وعنه العلامة المجلسي في بحار الأنوار : 45 / 3 : وجاء فيه أن الإمام الحسين عليه السلام قال لزينب عليها السلام : ( لا تشقي علي

• Veteran Member
22 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Not again.

The most vocal in their support for blood letting are the ones who dont do it.

Basim Karbalai said to do Tatbir to the skull and further so it must be OK. Well that's convinced me. Seems eminently qualified as well

Basim Karbalaei (born November 12, 1967) (alternatively, Bassim Al-Karbalaei) is a Shia eulogy (latmiya) reciter.[2][3]He has 3 daughters and 1 son and their names are (Ali, Fatima, Rayhanah, and Ruqayyah)

He was born in the city of Karbalaa, Iraq in 1967 where he lived until 1980. During this time, he participated in processions in Karbala, which were held in mourning of Prophet Muhammad and Ahl al-Bayt (People of the House [of the Prophet]), who Shi'as regard highly. He then moved and lived in Isfahan, Iran, where he began learning how to readQur'an which helped soften and improve his voice.[3] He has read thousands of poems regarding Muhammad and hisAhl al-Bayt both in mourning and celebration of them.[4] He has recited in Bahrain, Denmark, Germany, Kuwait, Iran,Iraq, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.

Edited by A true Sunni
2 hours ago, Spiritual said:

bismillah.gif

My dear brother Asalam Alaykum.

Have you listened to him? Do you listen to  him how he disrespects our Ahlul Bayt a.s?? How he says casually "If Zainab comes let my head splatter" .  Why would Zainab a.s come to him? She is not even mahram to him, so why disrespect Zainab a.s?? He gets all these illiterates worked up about Ali Akbar a.s and not even one single blow to his head, not even one drop of blood coming from his head but he says to others to strike their head deep to cut their skull??

Please brother, please, give it a deep thought and ask yourself this, if our Imam e zaman a.s come here today and sees us in this situation, what would he think or say to us? Please understand that there are people who GET PAID to take advantage of our emotions specially when it comes to Ahlul Bayt a.s. and show the world how backward, violent Shias really are. IN WHAT WAY OUR CUT UP,  OPENED HEAD SERVE OUR RELIGION, SPECIALLY OUR IMAM E ZAMAN?

Wasalam.

• Veteran Member

Just to clarify . I gather Basim Karbalai has done tatbir however the 'vocal' ones I was talking bout are the ones who have been talking about blood letting for over 20 pages and now Brother Spiritual as well.

I cannot understand Brother Spiritual You said your father did it but you never have. Do you feel a sense of loss or deprivation that you havent done it so you encourage others to do it .

Shiaman14 hasnt done it for years either according to his own statement.

Basim Karbalai encouraging to go further then the skull. So if you crack the skull its the brain underneath 

Edited by A true Sunni
  • Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

Brother, I haven't made any comment on this thread. Just posted the 2 videos, why are you so aggressive? I dont understand that! 

Sorry Brother Spiritual I do not intend to come over aggressive towards you. We are very blunt speaking in the UK

However my question stands if you don't blood let whats the purpose of posting these.   

6 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

However my question stands if you don't blood let whats the purpose of posting these.   

Posting this video does not mean to incite people to start doing tatbir. 

And as far as i know people dont do tatbir after watching videos, rather it is related to their emotional attachment to Imam Hussain a.s

Yes, i dont like cutting my self to show my emotions, but i cannot force others to behave like me. May be they love Imam more than me or may be they are more dearer to Imam than me. Who knows!

Edited by Spiritual
  • Forum Administrators

An inappropriate post and the replies quoting that post have been removed. Stay on topic, please.

• Forum Administrators
4 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

Please record my protest for removing my comment. There was nothing inappropriate in that.

Your reply quoted two people, including the post that was removed. You are free to post the second one again:

50 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

I cannot understand Brother Spiritual You said your father did it but you never have. Do you feel a sense of loss or deprivation that you havent done it so you encourage others to do it .

Brother, I haven't made any comment on this thread. Just posted the 2 videos, why are you so aggressive? I dont understand that! 

However, if you look above, A true Sunni already replied to you. 

• Veteran Member

26 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

Posting this video does not mean to incite people to start doing tatbir. 

And as far as i know people dont do tatbir after watching videos, rather it is related to their emotional attachment to Imam Hussain a.s

Yes, i dont like cutting my self to show my emotions, but i cannot force others to behave like me. May be they love Imam more than me or may be they are more dearer to Imam than me. Who knows!

Thank you for the clarification Brother Spiritual. I am not asking you to force anyone. Its just that title of the thread and both clips seemed like an encouragement to do tatbir.

My concern that I highlighted straight away was that he said to take it further then the skull. Brother Spiritual you should review clips before posting them.

Emotion is good adherence to the Ahlul Bait is extremely good however cracking the skull is not

Edited by A true Sunni
5 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

Emotion is good adherence is good cracking the skull is not

If Zainab s.a comes, let my head splatter

splatter

ˈsplatə/Submit

verb

splash with a liquid, typically a thick or viscous one.

"a passing cart rolled by, splattering him with mud"

informal

prominently or sensationally publish (a story) in a newspaper.

"the story is splattered over pages two and three"

noun

a spot or trail of a thick or viscous liquid splashed over a surface or object.

"each puddle we crossed threw a splatter of mud on the windshield"

informal

denoting or referring to films featuring many violent and gruesome deaths.

"a splatter movie"

1 hour ago, A true Sunni said:

Just to clarify . I gather Basim Karbalai has done tatbir

bismillah.gif

Should it make any difference if he does tatbir himself or not brother? I just wanna know what are they trying to achieve except by chasing non Shias away from the true Path of al Mohammad and his Ahlul Bayt a.s. You know Shayton comes in all forms, shapes, sizes and colors.

• Veteran Member

Bro, a few years ago someone I think had made a thread that because Nadeem Sarwar an Urdu Nohakhawan had said something so it must be true. 

Like Nadeem Sarwar was a Mujtahid. 

I prefer some of the other Iraqi Nohakhawans(latimiyya recitors) to Basim. Just my preference.

Edited by haideriam
  • Veteran Member
47 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

If Zainab s.a comes, let my head splatter

Thank you for dictionary definition of splatter .

However I was very careful about quoting him. Listen to the first 10 seconds. He said do the tatbir further then the skull. That is cracking the skull. Its your soft brain under the skull.

He then went on to say splatterring the head. If the translation is true then that means cracking the head open. 

As in 'he fell on the rocks splattering his head'. Splattering in this context means blood and brain oozing out

Edited by A true Sunni
1 minute ago, A true Sunni said:

Thank you for dictionary definition of splatter .

However I was very careful about quoting him. Listen to the first 10 seconds. He said do the tatbir further then the skull. That is cracking the skull

He then went on to say splatterring the head. If the translation is true then that means cracking the head open. 

As he in fell on the rocks splattering his head.

bismillah.gif

bro, you can lead a horse to the water but you cant make him drink the water! I am done with these illiterates. Let them crack their heads open, there is nothing there anyway.

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

People here are twisting the fatawa of mujtahideen. Ridiculing them, nadeem sarwar is what "shay" for them!

I know what you are saying bro, we will strive for the better. Inshallah with education(Ilm) darkness will get eliminated. 

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, Endtimes said:

bismillah.gif

bro, you can lead a horse to the water but you cant make him drink the water! I am done with these illiterates. Let them crack their heads open, there is nothing there anyway.

Brother Endtimes, it is always darkest before the dawn

7 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

Splattering in this context means blood and brain oozing out

Ive spent every ashura of my life around tatbiri and zanjeer zan. you get splattered plenty without people cracking their skulls, plus the arab form of tatbir its almost impossible to do that as they cut the scalp once, and tap with the flat of the blade for the rest of the day

I was around shirazi irani doing qamma in the haram of imam hussain (as) this last ashura, they were doing the cut-once-and-tap method of tatbir, trust me i was splattered from my head to my toes in other peoples blood. I looked pebble dashed lol

1 hour ago, A true Sunni said:

Basim Karbalai encouraging to go further then the skull. So if you crack the skull its the brain underneath 

Any source where he says this? - because it would be incredibly worrying.

A number of shia's take a sword and hit their scalp with it. I study this,  i have professors who have also told me the following [as we physically and literally dissected the scalp of a cadaver]

1. You have emissary veins, and here is the route they take: Right below the scalp, providing a route into the brain itself.  

scalp_-_emissary_veins_and_dural_venous_

2. When a minority of shia's cut their scalps, and do likewise of their children, they are predisposing them to a risk of infection of the brain itself.

A type of emissary vein goes through the sphenoidal emissary foramen inferior to the zygomatic arch with the cavernous sinus on the inside of the skull.

This is an important route for spread of infection because cranial nerve VI and the internal carotid pass through the cavernous sinus, with cranial nerves III, IV, V1, and V2 passing alongside the lateral wall of the sinus. Subsequent infection or inflammation in the cavernous sinus can result in damage to any of the cranial nerves that pass through it or meningitis. Also, rupturing the emissary veins will result in a subdural hematoma which will compress the brain.

Abstract

The treatment of scalp wounds is occasionally complicated by infection. Although infected scalp wounds are generally limited and readily treated, they can progress to devastating proportions if not promptly and aggressively managed. This report highlights three such cases of severe infection: extensive subgaleal abscess, fatal necrotizing fasciitis, and widespread carbunculosis. The authors emphasize the need for proper assessment of scalp wounds, meticulous cleansing and closure of all fresh wounds, definitive drainage of newly infected wounds, and adherence to sound surgical principles in managing these wounds

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3947441

Muslim-ceremony.jpg

39535D6A00000578-0-image-a-29_1476265763

39534F4A00000578-3834183-image-a-11_1476

7 hours ago, Endtimes said:

bismillah.gif

Should it make any difference if he does tatbir himself or not brother? I just wanna know what are they trying to achieve except by chasing non Shias away from the true Path of al Mohammad and his Ahlul Bayt a.s. You know Shayton comes in all forms, shapes, sizes and colors.

Culture, tradition, and ego.

It's hard to let go of these.

3 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

As he in fell on the rocks splattering his head.

This is your personal translation?

52 minutes ago, Endtimes said:

This sort of mental condition is called WF Syndrome.

4 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

This is your personal translation?

This sort of mental condition is called WF Syndrome.

Go ahead my brother, attack Iran, and attack the Ulema there in this manner. That's fine. Only know one thing - you are essentially doing an enormous favour to the zionists, ale saud, and the forces imam mahdi ajfs is against.

It's okay not to agree with WF, but trying to turn a genuine ikhtilaaf discussion on tatbir, and cause disunity by making such attacks at nations and indirectly marji's is not helpful.

On one hand you are promoting an act which makes our madhab turn into one of ridicule. On the other, you are promoting the weakening of your own shia's and their ulema, and doing a favour to ale saud.

Edited by uponthesunnah
9 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

you are essentially doing an enormous favour to the zionists, ale saud,

I kept thinking what are they trying to achieve by tatbir for a long time, then your post gave me an idea! Their motives are money. I have heard some Lebanese Shias have spied for Israel for money. They are selling themselves cheap!

Edited by Endtimes
2 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

It's okay not to agree with WF, but trying to turn a genuine ikhtilaaf discussion on tatbir, and cause disunity by making such attacks at nations and indirectly marji's is not helpful.

The hukum e shara'ee of Iranian hakim e shara'ee is responsible for this divide. I am not attacking any nation here but exposing the mentality of people who show hate for their brothers in faith by calling them Satan.

8 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Go ahead my brother, attack Iran, and attack the Ulema there in this manner. That's fine. Only know one thing - you are essentially doing an enormous favour to the zionists, ale saud, and the forces imam mahdi ajfs is against.

This is another example of WF Syndrome.