Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Man Kunto Maula said:

Hi.. it has been narrated from imam sadiq a.s that the soil of karbala( khake shifa) can heal all the disease...

My question is can it heal Hiv also???

I don't think that's been ever been tested

10 hours ago, Man Kunto Maula said:

Hi.. it has been narrated from imam sadiq a.s that the soil of karbala( khake shifa) can heal all the disease...

There is a difference between 'can' and 'will definitely do so on each and every occasion'. IMHO the former gives room to the operation of miracles on a selective basis while the latter could be tested via scientific methods.

4 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

What narration? And what grading?

Issue 2637: * It is haraam to eat earth and also sand, as an obligatory precaution. However, there is no harm in taking Daghistsan or Armenian clay as a medicine if there be no alternative. It is also permissible to take a small quantity of the clay of the Shrine of Imam Husayn (usually called Turbatul Husayn) for the purpose of cure for illness. But it is better to dissolve a small quantity of Turbatul Husayn in water and then drink it.

https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-laws-ayatullah-ali-al-husayni-al-sistani/rules-things-allowed-eat-and-drink

"Innallaha Ala Kulle Shayin Qadeer"

We fight & sometimes defeat severe illness through our faith & believes. The chosen ones, are capable of curing the blinds & even bringing the dead back to life. All depends on one's level of tawassul & the benevolent sight of the Aimma e Tahireen a.s

One should know that he cannot become immortal, as every soul has to taste death. Death approach us in different means, nothing is beyond the supreme knowledge of Almighty Allah. We have to pass through the laws of system of Qadr, we cannot remain young forever and so on.

Always ask for Allah what is best for you as per His knowledge, not as per yours knowledge.

Edited by Spiritual

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

There is a difference between 'can' and 'will definitely do so on each and every occasion'. IMHO the former gives room to the operation of miracles on a selective basis while the latter could be tested via scientific methods.

So what does that mean? Should we go ahead and try the soil of karbala on hiv infected and see ? Any suggestion about it??

50 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

"Innallaha Ala Kulle Shayin Qadeer"

We fight & sometimes defeat severe illness through our faith & believes. The chosen ones, are capable of curing the blinds & even bringing the dead back to life. All depends on one's level of tawassul & the benevolent sight of the Aimma e Tahireen a.s

One should know that he cannot become immortal, as every soul has to taste death. Death approach us in different means, nothing is beyond the supreme knowledge of Almighty Allah. We have to pass through the laws of system of Qadr, we cannot remain young forever and so on.

Always ask for Allah what is best for you as per His knowledge, not as per yours knowledge.

Yes brother. i agree, if a persons death is decreed through hiv...it cant be healed..but if not.. i am sure the soil of karbala would be able to heal it by the permission of Allah (swt)

Ayatullah Bahjat:

The sentence “وَ الشَفآءَ فی تُرْبَتِهِ”; "and [You put] the healing in his turbat (clay)” that is in Imam Husein’s ziarat includes the last and severest level of pain and disease that no therapist can heal.

---------

There are also reliable stories regarding the effect of Karbala's soil for healing incurable diseases. 

http://bahjat.ir/fa/content/911

Guest silasun

I think it's quite irresponsible to mention the benefits of Imam Hussain's clay without mentioning some important pointers - you are obligated to go to a doctor. It is haram for you to use any of the "unconventional according to modern medicine" cures mentioned in our hadith literature without going to a doctor as well. I haven't personally verified if those hadiths on taking Imam Hussain's clay as cure are authentic but assuming that they are, it doesn't mean that you will be cured by taking the clay - yes, miracles do occur but it doesn't mean that it will occur in this particular case.

Remember the following point - if you exhaust all of the medical and Islamic methods for curing yourself and (crucially) you use those methods only for the sake of pleasing God then you won't feel sad when it doesn't work, since God is pleased with your actions,

May Allah grant health and happiness to all of the believers.

On 11/16/2016 at 4:17 PM, kamyar said:

Ayatullah Bahjat:

The sentence “وَ الشَفآءَ فی تُرْبَتِهِ”; "and [You put] the healing in his turbat (clay)” that is in Imam Husein’s ziarat includes the last and severest level of pain and disease that no therapist can heal.

---------

There are also reliable stories regarding the effect of Karbala's soil for healing incurable diseases. 

http://bahjat.ir/fa/content/911

Thank you so much bro for this reference and info

On 15/11/2016 at 6:05 AM, Man Kunto Maula said:

So what does that mean? Should we go ahead and try the soil of karbala on hiv infected and see ? Any suggestion about it??

Why not? But bear in mind that the belief you exhibit thereby may manifest itself in having allopathic treatments work and so you should not give up on them.

Scientific evidence tells us how powerful the placebo effect can be, so why not make use of that science with reference to the clay of Karbala? You literally have nothing to lose.

On 11/14/2016 at 3:21 PM, notme said:

Anything which Allah wills is possible. That which Allah does not will is impossible. For this specific thing, noone can say. 

If we're talking about Allah swt''s will, then sands of Karbala  become irrelevant.  God doesn't need sand to cure you.

1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

If we're talking about Allah swt''s will, then sands of Karbala  become irrelevant.  God doesn't need sand to cure you.

This is true, but don't underestimate the power of faith. Sometimes for humans there has to be some thing that they can put their hands on. 

Edited by notme

1 hour ago, notme said:

This is true, but don't underestimate the power of faith. Sometimes for humans there has to be some thing that they can put their hands on. 

Isn't the idea of faith is believing without seeing ? weren't idols, things people put hands on and they were destroyed ?

I'dk man  

Just looks like ascribing miraces of god to inanimate objects . 

Edited by wmehar2

1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

Isn't the idea of faith is believing without seeing ? weren't idols, things people put hands on and they were destroyed ?

I'dk man  

Just looks like ascribing miraces of god to inanimate objects . 

The object doesn't perform the miracle. The object is just a thing to help the person focus his faith, like the Kaaba. But it's not impossible that the clay itself has healing powers. I wouldn't expect miraculous healing from even a medicinal clay, that can only come from Allah. 

17 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Yusuf's shirt...

Eh... Id say that's in its own category.  that's something God directly told and instructed to show to his father and is evidenced. it's explicitly mentioned in Quran . 

Where as sand, then its completely baseless.  I'd see it as a placebo effect, which can be done with anything not just sand . 

Contextually/comparatively these two differ by who was in possession.

Only Prophets contained miracles (and miraculous objects)  and knowledge .   One can extend knowledge of unseen to imams (within a limited capacity than prophet) if you're shia, but I'm fairly certain one can't extend miracles .

Only way to know if God told us he blessed the clay (to @notme's point) that it's blessed by God.   But at that stage, it was God who saved ya, not the object which God may have thrusted with miracles.

Edited by wmehar2

16 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Eh... Id say that's in its own category.  that's something God directly told and instructed to show to his father and is evidenced. it's explicitly mentioned in Quran . 

Where as sand, then its completely baseless.  I'd see it as a placebo effect, which can be done with anything not just sand . 

Contextually/comparatively  these two differ by who was in possession.

Only Prophets contained miracles (and miraculous objects)  and knowledge .   one can extend knowledge of unseen to imams (within a limited capacity than prophet) if you're shia, but I'm fairly cetrain one can't extend miracles .

No, they are not different. If it's not a miracle, then it's a karamah, which Sunnis (even Salafis) say that righteous people are capable of karamah, not just Prophets. Sahih Sunni hadiths talk about karamahs of the Sahabah, for example.

This is accepted by all sects of Islam.

Edited by E.L King

4 minutes ago, E.L King said:

No, they are not different. If it's not a miracle, then it's a karamah, which Sunnis (even Salafis) say that righteous people are capable of karamah, not just Prophets. Sahih Sunni hadiths talk about karamahs of the Sahabah, for example.

This is accepted by all sects of Islam.

Woah wait what?

Karamah happens to righteous people, its not something that happens to objects.   The person being cured wouldn't be cured from the sands/blessings, if you're gonna talk about Karamah, that person would be cured direct from Allah SWT.

I'll hypothetically suggest lets say Sands of Karbala/Imams shrines has healing powers for the sake of argument.  Then that sand could heal anyone even bad people.  So let's extend someone to meet Karamah criteria first before that would work on them:

People are capable of Karamah have to be TRULY (in other words there's conditions for Karamah to be met) followers of the Prophet SAW and at a spiritual level that's quite off the charts.  So a person seeking to be cured has to meet that condition, and it would probably happen to their own personage, not so much affected by something.

Unless you and I differ in what we know karamah to be, or I'm just plain confused at what it is.

2 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

Woah wait what?

Karamah happens to righteous people, its not something that happens to objects.   The person being cured wouldn't be cured from the sands/blessings, if you're gonna talk about Karamah, that person would be cured direct from Allah SWT.

I'll hypothetically suggest lets say Sands of Karbala/Imams shrines has healing powers for the sake of argument.  Then that sand could heal anyone even bad people.  So let's extend someone to meet Karamah criteria first before that would work on them:

People are capable of Karamah have to be TRULY (in other words there's conditions for Karamah to be met) followers of the Prophet SAW and at a spiritual level that's quite off the charts.  So a person seeking to be cured has to meet that condition, and it would probably happen to their own personage, not so much affected by something.

Unless you and I differ in what we know karamah to be, or I'm just plain confused at what it is.

The sand, in and of itself, isn't important. It is the person who is under the sand, who makes this sand holy. Get what I mean?