Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I am a new American convert please help

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I have learned Al-fatihah Al-ikhlas and Al-kawthar and trying to now learn the shia tashhahud, but I can not find a video showing how to pronounce these words, almost every video I find are sunni videos and if it is a shia one it's not slow enough and we'll pronounced so I can understand and actually learn it. does anyone know of or possibly could make a video to help me I only wish to be able to do salat on my own so I stop missing them and don't have to travel far to be able to do them. I live in American, Tennessee to be more exact and all the masjids around here are sunni and strongly have stand points of shi'ites. any help would be greatly appreciated. Assalamu alaikum wa ramatula wa baraktu

• Forum Administrators

Salam. Welcome to ShiaChat. Welcome to Shia Islam.

The information about prayer is in the pinned topic in the Reverts Forum. You will find posts, links to other sites, videos and pamphlets. 

• Forum Administrators
10 minutes ago, Ra'sheed said:

I have learned Al-fatihah Al-ikhlas and Al-kawthar and trying to now learn the shia tashhahud,

You can find the Tashahhud and how to pronounce it here: 

https://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/laws_practices/5.htm

• Forum Administrators

@Ra'sheed The Tashahhud is shown after the 2nd rakat (as if you are praying the Fajr prayer) so they don't repeat it after the 3rd or 4th rakat (as if you are praying a 3 or 4 rakat prayer). 

Tashahhud: After the second prostration resume the kneeling position, and recite:

Ash hadu al laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lah,

I bear witness that there is no god apart from Allah, Who is unique and without partners.

wa ash hadu anna Muhammadan `abduhu wa rasuluh

I also bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His Prophet

Allaahumma salli `alaa Muhammadin wa Aali Muhammad

O God, bless Muhammad and the progeny of Muhammad.

• Basic Members

I appreciate it but I don't use Skype still haven't found a way to help me learn how to pronounce the words I know what the words look like I have them all... just don't want to assume how to pronounce them and be wrong and learn it wrong. I am really suprised to not see a you tube video of the shia version the videos I have been using to learn the surahs are by a man siddiqi but alas he is sunni and only has the sunni tashhahud. and please don't think I'm hating on him for being sunni we are all muslim brothers just have different views we all use the same quran and worship Allah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Can someone make a video of the break down in words and pronounce them I know I am asking alot but hearing and seeing the words as pronounced is he best way for me personally to learn. for an idea of what I mean type in learn al-ikhlas by a man siddiqi on you tube the way he does it has been super helpful. I appreciate everyones input but most are not quiet helpful or the videos are saying it too fast. assalamu alaikum wa ramatula wa baraktu.