Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SYEDRAZAALI

A little confusion...

Rate this topic

As salamun alaikum

There was a question that struck my mind while i was reading about karbala. 

I read that after killing the 72 people the yazidis sliced they head off their body and put it on top of a spear and took it along the caravan.

While in the mean time their bodies were burried by Hazrat Jabir ibn Abdullah in karbala. 

My question is that when the heads were returned to the ahlulbayt just before getting free. what was done with the heads?

Plz give answers with relaible hadiths.

Jazakallah khair.

Was salamun alaikum

W Salam

20 hours ago, SYEDRAZAALI said:

While in the mean time their bodies were burried by Hazrat Jabir ibn Abdullah in karbala. 

the blessed body of Sayyid al-Shuhada (Allah's everlasting blessing be upon his soul and body) was buried by Imam al-Sajjad (a) only an Imam can do the funeral/burial of another Imam. whether that happened with a miracle or yazidis gave some time to Imam al-Sajjad (a) to do so, is unknown to us.

Jabir came to Karbala in Arba'in i.e. after forty days.

20 hours ago, SYEDRAZAALI said:

what was done with the heads?

There are different historical reports. According to the one accepted by majority of Shai scholars -proved by Sayyid b. Tawus and 'Allama al-Majlisi- the heads of martyrs, particularly the blessed head of Sayyid al-Shuhada (a) were returned to Karbala by Imam al-Sajjad (a) and were buried along the bodies.

you can refer to Luhuf and Bihar to find more.

According to Shiite tenets, Imam Ali Ibnul Husayn Zainul Aabidin (a.s.) with the assistance of the tribesmen of Banu Asad, Angels and the believers from the Jinn identified the bodies and buried Imam Husayn’s headless body along with that of the infant Ali al-Asghar (a.s.). At the foot of Imam Husayn’s tomb, he buried Ali al-Akbar (a.s.). The body of Habib ibn Mudhahir was buried near the tomb of Imam Husayn (a.s.). The bodies of the other Hashimites along with other companions of Imam Husayn (a.s.) were buried in a common graveyard at the foot to one side of Imam Husayn’s tomb as we find them today in the miraculous shrine in Karabala. After some weeks, the captives were released and the heads of the martyrs given back to them. Lady Zainab insisted that the martyrs’ families be allowed to mourn their deads. The caravan reached Karbala. They found that a companion of the Prophet (S) Jabir bin Abdullah al-Ansari had already reached the tombs and was offering his supplications. Imam Zainul Aabidin (a.s.) Joined the heads to the bodies of the martyrs with the help of the men from the tribe of Banu Asad.

https://www.al-islam.org/the-hidden-truth-about-karbala-ak-ahmed/chapter-24-burial-martyrs

Sign in to follow this