Is Ruqya a Shia practice as well'?

Rate this topic

Salam,

Is Ruqya is a Shia practice as well?

And how is it performed?

Edited by Faruk

Bismillah.

Salam Alaykum.

I think so. to my little knowledge, the verse of the Holy Quran or very strong duas  are  recited on a person who has been effected by Sihir/black magic or supposedly someone who has been possessed by Jinns. One of the signs of "akhirzaman is that at the end times, Muslims will use black magic a lot, astaghfurillah. May Allah swt save all of us from Sihir and from Shayton's entrapment Inshallah, Ameen.

the verse of the Holy Quran or very strong duas  are  recited on a person who has been effected by Sihir/black magic or supposedly someone who has been possessed by Jinns

@Faruk Beware of anyone who says that he/she can heal by making dua or reading Holy Qur'an, but you must give them money. Don't go near those kind of people. They will cheat you. 

Salam,

I already had such an experience that someone asked money for it but then I remembered the verse:

O my people, I do not ask you for it any reward. My reward is only from the one who created me. Then will you not reason? Quran 11:51

It is strange that people dare to make money with the Word of Allah while not even the Prophets a.s. did this.

Edited by Faruk

http://www.duas.org/magic.htm

^ Unfortunately the sources are not mentioned.

These Ruqya people are selling knowledge. The knowledge of what verses are beneficial for cures. You also don't know what they write if anything it could be evil especially with the shady types that congregate around this subject. Overall though i genuinely believe reciting the Quran with focus and heart is sufficient enough. The cure will be there inshallah that's if the power of the Quran is a reality  for individual and they take it seriously but people hate these kind of answers, they want specially tailored packages.

I see a really stupid mentality in the Pakistani community in which they put so much belief in black magic firstly before considering any other potential that might hurt their ego or require a different perspective of thinking or even in some cases medical treatment.

They almost create an atmosphere of terror in their psyche and place curses on themselves by wholeheartedly believing in magic as being so powerful and so common and a cause for every misfortune in life. 

Its hard to cure the convinced.

Salamun alaykum

The verses 54,

Just now, Faruk said:

Salam,

Is Ruqya is a Shia practice as well?

And how is it performed?

If you mean by Ruqya, some duas and verses performed to stop the bad and evil of human and jin “devils”, then yes. It's a practice of Shia.

The verses 54-56 which they are called "the verses of Sukhrah" and to perform it one should recite these verses 70 times ( "70 times" is according to Ayatullah Ahmad Abedi).

According to some narrations reciting these verses protects us from devils and magic and so on. 

It's mentioned in -Al-Fagih one of four main books of Shia- that: One of advice of the Holy Prophet to Imam Ali (upon whom be peace) “O Ali if one is fearful of a magician or an evil, he should recite: 

انّ ربّکم الله الذی خلق السّموات و الارض فی ستّة ایّام ثمّ استوی علی العرش الی آخرالآیه

In the book Al-Kafi, Asbag ibn Nabateh narrates from Imam Ali (upon whom be peace) : “Whoever wants to spend a night in a wild land (or in the desert) and he recites انّ ربّکم الله الذی خلق السّموات و الارض to تبارک الله ربّ العالمین, angels will protect him and devils will get away from him.

Then Asbag extends: a man reached a ruined place on his way and he wanted to spend a night therein and didn't recite the above-mentioned verse suddenly evils covered him (it may means evils sat on his body and started bothering him) and held his nose. His partner said respite him. On hearing this that man woke up and recited the above-mentioned verse and after that evil said to his  partner:"God degraded you. You must protect him till he enters upon the time of the morning. Then he returned to Imam Ali and informed Him about his story... .

After rising of the sun that man found evils' hair in that place. [al- kafi, vol,2, pg,626]

I think discussion on whether it's one verse or three it's as well as Ayatul kursi. But famous scholars say "the verses of Sukhrah"

Sources : Mustadrakul-Wasa’il, vol. 4, pg. 169; Man La Yahduruhul-Faqih, vol. 2, pg. 521, hadith 3134; Jami’ul-Da’awat, pg. 19; Usul Kafi, vol. 1, book of hujjah, pg. 279; Mir’atul-Uqul, vol. 1, pg. 252; Usul Kafi, vol. 2, pg. 392; see: Hasan HasanZadeh Amoli, Hezaro Yek Nokteh, nokteh no. 978, pg. 799.

Edited by Alireza Huseini