Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do Muslims hate Christians?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
main-qimg-e256df47618c4ae385f75a7e83251556?convert_to_webp=true

main-qimg-233356a3ee42664cd3cbf95aabd836db?convert_to_webp=true

I am a Muslim and I do not hate anyone just because of his or her religion.

There is an interesting verse in the holy Qur’an about Christians:

Surely You will find the most hostile of all people towards the faithful to be the Jews and the polytheists, and surely you will find the nearest of them in affection to the faithful to be those who say ‘We are Christians.’ That is because there are priests and monks among them, and because they are not arrogant.

So Islam does not urge any Muslim to hate any person just because of their religion. Instead, it commands to abhor the ones who have self-arrogance and are real tyrants.

…Indeed, He does not like the wrongdoers. (40) As for those who retaliate after being wronged, there is no ground for action against them. (41) The ground for action is only against those who oppress the people and commit tyranny in the land in violation of justice. For such there will be a painful punishment. (42)[ii]

Looking at the Islamic narrations, you find some attributes of the ones who Allah, the Exalted, hates:

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘Allah despises excessive sleep and excessive idleness.’[iii]

The Prophet (SAWA) said, ‘Nothing is more despised by Allah than a full stomach.’[iv]

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ‘The person most despised from among Allah’s creatures is a man whose [sharp] tongue people are wary of.’[v]

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘The person most despised by Allah, the Exalted, is the overbearing scholar.’[vi]

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘The person most despised by Allah, the Exalted, from among His creatures is the one whose greatest concerns are [sating the appetite of] his stomach and his private parts.’[vii]

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘The person most despised by Allah from among all His creatures is the backbiter.’[viii]

So, anyone who has some above-mentioned attributes is most despised by the Lord, His Messenger, and Muslims.

لَتَجِدَنَّ أَشَدَّ النَّاسِ عَدَاوَةً لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوا ۖ وَلَتَجِدَنَّ أَقْرَبَهُم مَّوَدَّةً لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّا نَصَارَىٰ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ مِنْهُمْ قِسِّيسِينَ وَرُهْبَانًا وَأَنَّهُمْ لَا يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ ﴿٨٢

Tanzil - Quran Navigator

[ii] إِنَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ الظَّالِمِينَ ﴿٤٠﴾ وَلَمَنِ انتَصَرَ بَعْدَ ظُلْمِهِ فَأُولَـٰئِكَ مَا عَلَيْهِم مِّن سَبِيلٍ ﴿٤١﴾ إِنَّمَا السَّبِيلُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ يَظْلِمُونَ النَّاسَ وَيَبْغُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ ۚ أُولَـٰئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ ﴿٤٢

Tanzil - Quran Navigator

[iii] الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): إنَّ اللّه‏َ يُبْغِضُ كَثْرَةَ النَّومِ وكَثْرَةَ الفراغِ .

[Bihar al-Anwar, v. 76, p. 180, no. 10]

[iv] رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): ليسَ شَيءٌ أبغَضَ إلَى اللّه‏ِ مِن بَطنٍ مَلْآنَ.

[Uyoun Akhbar al-Ridha (AS), v. 2, p. 36, no. 89]

[v] الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): إنَّ أبغَضَ خَلقِ اللّه‏ِ عبدٌ اتّقَى النّاسُ لِسانَهُ.

[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 323, no. 4]

[vi] الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): أبغَضُ العِبادِ إلَى اللّه‏ِ سبحانه العالِمُ المُتَجَبِّرُ .

[Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 3164]

[vii] الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): أمْقَتُ العبادِ إلَى اللّه‏ِ سبحانه مَن كانَ هِمَّتُهُ (هَمُّهُ) بطنَهُ وفَرْجَهُ .

[Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 3294]

[viii] الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): أبغَضُ الخَلائقِ‏إلَى اللّه‏ِ المُغْتابُ .

[Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 3128]

• Advanced Member

Hehe how come from person the question comes "do they hate them? and from another person the question comes "why do they love them?" and both questions comes during the same era, what an era to live in, the era of mass confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Shias don't hate Christians.

Ibadis don't hate Christians.

Most Sunnis don't hate Christians. 

Only people who hate Christians are those radical Satanic worshiping Salafis. 

Edited by ChristianVisitor

2 hours ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Shias don't hate Christians.

Ibadis don't hate Christians.

Most Sunnis don't hate Christians. 

Peace be with you,

No Muslim should hate any Christian or Jew.  It would be contrary to the teachings of the Qur'an, the Prophet Muhammad (SAWAS) and the Imams (AS).

I wish I could find the source for it, but I remember reading a story about Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (AS) and a companion of his.  They passed by a church and the companion grumbled about how much shirk (associating partners with God) was committed there, and the Imam (AS) said: think about how many times God was mentioned, praised, and worshipped.  Ultimately his point was that whatever differences are between Christians, Jews, and Muslims, we all worship the same God who will judge rightly and fairly based on our sincere beliefs in Him.  Even if we were wrong; if we sincerely believed what we believed as truth and in good faith held to it, we' cool. And that is completely in line with the Qur'an.

My favorite quote from the Imam (AS) is this: of the people, they are of two types.  They are either your brothers in faith, or your equals in humanity.

• Development Team
5 hours ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Yep, that's right but I have say don't forget,  even though most Sunnis don't hate Christians and are not Salafi, all Salafis are Sunni.

• Basic Members
On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۲۵ ه‍.ش. at 8:19 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yep, that's right but I have say don't forget,  even though most Sunnis don't hate Christians and are not Salafi, all Salafis are Sunni.

Salafis are not Sunni.

they are not Muslim.....

اِسمِ المُسلمين... قَتَلتُمْ أَصْلَ الدِّين ............................. وَهَابِيَّتُكُمْ أَفْعَىً تَسْعَى

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Amir Hussain said:

Salafis are not Sunni.

they are not Muslim.....

اِسمِ المُسلمين... قَتَلتُمْ أَصْلَ الدِّين ............................. وَهَابِيَّتُكُمْ أَفْعَىً تَسْعَى

Well as far as i know salafis are sunni muslimc sect and how could you say they are not Muslims?

• Development Team
11 minutes ago, ChristianVisitor said:

Okay, that means they are not practicing Muslims only by name and creed. Sounds like a lot of fake Christians out there.

Now imagine fake Christians killing and excommunicating other Christians for praying with hands as opposed to kneeling and being told that they aren't "true" enough  to be a follower of Christ, therefore are not Christians like Jews and Muslims.

That's basically what a Salafi is, at least the way how they appear to me.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

I was a salafi myself, however left this branch of "Islam" and now I just believe in the Qur'aan alone as my criterion and love the aqeedah of imam tahawi. Salafis/wahabis claim to follow the salaf (the first three generations), but they have tampered and mistranslated many classical texts to advance their aqeedah (creed). Most of them are liars and takfiri. They attribute literal hands and feets to Allaah (s.w.t.). 

Edited by IjazLinorAhmad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۲۷ ه‍.ش. at 4:50 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Well as far as i know salafis are sunni muslimc sect and how could you say they are not Muslims?

In the recent meeting in Chechnya 200 biggest Sunni AALIMs said that Salafis and Wahhabis are not Sunni and   they dont relate to <<Ahle Sunnah va Aljama'ah>>

But Wahhabis TAKFIRed all of the Aalims........

• Veteran Member

Muslims in general, should not have any hatred for any humans. And why just the Christians? Yes, we do show displeasure anger at  those whom harm any human society, but in general every human should be respected apart from those who kill and oppress and harm other people.

Edited by power