Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Accusing Without Proof

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Islamically speaking, can a person accuse another party of wrong doing without proof?

Below is a hypothetical scenario:

Jamil and Jameela are married

A friend (Jabeen) of Jameela sees Jamil at lunch with a woman.
She immediately reports to Jameela that Jamil am cheating on her because Jamil was at lunch with a woman.
Jabeen has her companion Juba confirm to Jameela that indeed Jamil was at lunch with a woman and so Jamil must be cheating.
Jamil comes home and Jameela accuses him of cheating and is packing her bags ready to leave him.

Jaml tell Jameela the woman was the CFO of my company and she wants to put Jamil in her succession plan so that is why he was at lunch.
Jameela does a complete 180 and goes from being miserable to ecstatic in less than 1 second.
So what happened here?
Jabeen and Juba made conjecture with little to no information and could have potentially ruined a marriage.

What Jabeen and Juba did, is it wrong or right?

Are there any ayahs or hadiths in the Quran that forbid this type of behavior? Are they creating fitna?

• Advanced Member

This verse is close

[24:4]And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient,

[49:11]O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Accusation without proof is certainly fitna. And we know that the Quran labelled fitna to be worse than murder.

• Veteran Member

Interesting question. 

However it would have been better posed by another individual.

It also depends on whether Jamil had started arguing that a sandwich doesnt constitute lunch and then of course it was at 3pm which constitutes a tea break.

Finally though she had a female name and dressed like a woman he had no definitive proof that it was a woman.

Jamil needs to stop being argumentative

Edited by A true Sunni
  • Forum Administrators
33 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

Interesting question. 

However it would have been better posed by another individual.

It also depends on whether Jamil had started arguing that a sandwich doesnt constitute lunch and then of course it was at 3pm which constitutes a tea break.

Finally though she had a female name and dressed like a woman he had no definitive proof that it was a woman.

Jamil needs to stop being argumentative

What?

• Veteran Member

@Ozzy        @Wing        @Smiles786         @Haydar Husayn:

Thank you for responding and confirming what I thought - accusing without proof is wrong.

ShiaMan14 and Azadari4Imam (A4I) website are shia.

@A true Sunni (ATS) sees a fatwa from an Ayatollah where A4I have inserted something in ().

@A true Sunni (ATS) is convinced that A4I are liars, deceitful and charlatans.

ATS has @haideriam confirm that A4I are indeed liars, deceitful and charlatans.

ShiaMan14 has no affiliation with A4I but defends them because a) they are shia b) no one knows who made the translation c) is adding () wrong when done in the translation and not the original? 

In the interest of truth, ShiaMan14 then writes to A4I asking for an explanation/reasoning for () being added (response pending) and asks ATS to hold back judgement until clarification is received.

@A true Sunni in turn labels ShiaMan14 as a follower of Abu Huraira who believes in altering narrations. Furthermore, ATS calls all shias who believe it is permissible to perform a certain act to be lost souls. It might even be applicable to marajae as well.

Is ATS right to accuse someone of something without any proof?

Is ShiaMan14 wrong to defend someone in their absence when proof of their 'crime is severely lacking.

• Veteran Member

haha like that ^^

Bro s14

yes you are right about your statement about accusation without proof

but in there we have the proof of a wrong insertion made to achieve an end not there or permissible in the actual fatwa. 

It seems so pointless to even write to them asking for an explanation,  for they lost the opportunity by intentional fraud. 

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, haideriam said:

haha like that ^^

Bro s14

yes you are right about your statement about accusation without proof

but in there we have the proof of a wrong insertion made to achieve an end not there or permissible in the actual fatwa. 

It seems so pointless to even write to them asking for an explanation,  for they lost the opportunity by intentional fraud. 

and here you are brother again - accusing them without proof.

What if they got their translation from a marja or a learned scholar?

Anyway, i just wanted confirmation that one should not accuse another of wrong doing without proof.

@Haydar Husayn - can you please close this topic?

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

@Ozzy        @Wing        @Smiles786         @Haydar Husayn:

Thank you for responding and confirming what I thought - accusing without proof is wrong.

ShiaMan14 and Azadari4Imam (A4I) website are shia.

@A true Sunni (ATS) sees a fatwa from an Ayatollah where A4I have inserted something in ().

@A true Sunni (ATS) is convinced that A4I are liars, deceitful and charlatans.

ATS has @haideriam confirm that A4I are indeed liars, deceitful and charlatans.

ShiaMan14 has no affiliation with A4I but defends them because a) they are shia b) no one knows who made the translation c) is adding () wrong when done in the translation and not the original? 

In the interest of truth, ShiaMan14 then writes to A4I asking for an explanation/reasoning for () being added (response pending) and asks ATS to hold back judgement until clarification is received.

@A true Sunni in turn labels ShiaMan14 as a follower of Abu Huraira who believes in altering narrations. Furthermore, ATS calls all shias who believe it is permissible to perform a certain act to be lost souls. It might even be applicable to marajae as well.

Is ATS right to accuse someone of something without any proof?

Is ShiaMan14 wrong to defend someone in their absence when proof of their 'crime is severely lacking.

As I said I dont read post from people who defend faked fatwas BORING BORINg

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

As I said I dont read post from people who defend faked fatwas BORING BORINg

when the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser

• Development Team
4 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Lol.

Learned this quote from you my brother and what use is knowledge if not put to use.

Nice, it's a good example of Greek wisdom. I in turn learned from a friend of mine 50 years my elder, smart man.

I agree knowledge is pointless if you don't use it. 

• Veteran Member

Proof is in the thread Shia and Ashura . Unlike you I dont waste time writing long diatribes. If anybody is interested in the truth. If they arent interested in the truth thats there loss so who cares.

Truth remains truth regardless of how long an essay you right to cover your deficiencies. Advantage is all posts remain on here 

• Veteran Member

OP:  If this constituted fitna, which it clearly did, then there is a well-known hadith stipulating that fitna is worse than murder. 

A hadith by Imam Ali (a.s): Give your brother 70 excuses before passing judgment and if you run out of excuses then say to yourself perhaps he/she means well. 

• Veteran Member
12 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

OP:  If this constituted fitna, which it clearly did, then there is a well-known hadith stipulating that fitna is worse than murder. 

A hadith by Imam Ali (a.s): Give your brother 70 excuses before passing judgment and if you run out of excuses then say to yourself perhaps he/she means well. 

No wife packs her bags because her husband is seen out to dinner with a woman. I am sorry in the context of the story I have to say it is more then likely the husband was a serial cheater and this was the straw that broke the camels back even if he was innocent on this one occasion.

In fact why didnt the man tell his wife before hand in case of misunderstanding. The husband has a lot to answer for

Far easier to blame the wife and the person who saw them. 

Edited by A true Sunni
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

No wife packs her bags because her husband is seen out to dinner with a woman. I am sorry in the context of the story I have to say it is more then likely the husband was a serial cheater and this was the straw that broke the camels back even if he was innocent on this one occasion.

In fact why didnt the man tell his wife before hand in case of misunderstanding. The husband has a lot to answer for

Far easier to blame the wife and the person who saw them. 

I don't know what world you live in, but where I live, divorce is rife, and is carried out over the pettiest of reasons. Developing a thick skin and having a little faith and trust in your spouse is imperative for a marriage to survive. Besides, the wife could do a bit of due diligence and look into this whole CEO matter, it's not that hard, as opposed to going nuts and "packing her bags." Being a "shakkak" and jumping to conclusions so irrationally and baselessly will not get you far in a marriage. 

And why does he need to tell his wife? Does he need to tell her every single little move that he does? It's the wife that needs to seek her husbands permission when going out, not the the other way round. Of course, that's not to say that the husband should take advantage of that and go gallivanting all around town without informing his wife, but it could be that at this very time he didn't get round to telling her. Always have husn niyya or your gonna suffer. 

Edited by Pearl178