Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
WhoAmI

Wanting to learn.

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum, I am a young shia muslim at the age of 17, I have been getting more serious about my religion alhamdulillah. I've started to pray missed prayers and missed fast and I've been doing salat al istighfar for about a month.

I personally think It's time to learn about the prophet (saw) Ahl al bayt(as) and the Quran, I want to show Allah (s.w.t) that I am interested.

I went to an Islamic school here in the west but I didn't learn much at all

However my arabic is not the best my english is better. The question is where should I start? Learn Quran/Story of The Prophet (saw) or Ahl al bayt. Is anybody willing to help?

Every help is appreciated.

Salam

Take notes when reading ahadith and Quran.

Collect things under certain topics.  Learning from scholars is good, but I find just as much as Al-Mizan gives insight, it blinds to certain themes and flow, and in fact, it does more of the latter then bringing insight. The same is true of most tafsirs.

This is my view. This is while if you give hadiths their due, and respect them, by saying "what if they are true, how can I see thsi in Quran, how is this the proper tanzeel or taweel of Quran by Ahlulbayt", then everything opens up easily.

I suggest learning to see flow in Quran through ahadith of Ahlulbayt. Also take notes of similarities of one surah to another, so that you learn how they explain one another and re-emphasize on one another. For example Surah A'araaf with Suratal Yonus.

The Quran is the foremost important thing. And you cannot understand it without delving deep into the ahadith of Ahlulbayt.

In my view, the  basic understanding of Islam leaves Islam and Salah to dry, to have it's proper impact.

You need to delve deep right away, deep into the knowledge of the self.

Edited by LinkZelda

1 hour ago, magma said:

59 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

Ws :)

Here is a playlist of lectures that you may find useful inshallah :)

47 minutes ago, LinkZelda said:

Salam

Take notes when reading ahadith and Quran.

Collect things under certain topics.  Learning from scholars is good, but I find just as much as Al-Mizan gives insight, it blinds to certain themes and flow, and in fact, it does more of the latter then bringing insight. The same is true of most tafsirs.

This is my view. This is while if you give hadiths their due, and respect them, by saying "what if they are true, how can I see thsi in Quran, how is this the proper tanzeel or taweel of Quran by Ahlulbayt", then everything opens up easily.

I suggest learning to see flow in Quran through ahadith of Ahlulbayt. Also take notes of similarities of one surah to another, so that you learn how they explain one another and re-emphasize on one another. For example Surah A'araaf with Suratal Yonus.

The Quran is the foremost important thing. And you cannot understand it without delving deep into the ahadith of Ahlulbayt.

In my view, the  basic understanding of Islam leaves Islam and Salah to dry, to have it's proper impact.

You need to delve deep right away, deep into the knowledge of the self.

Jazakallah khairan I will do my best to learn about the prophet (s.a.w) , Quran and ahl al bayt (a.s)

9 hours ago, magma said:

This was exactly the book I was going to recommend. :)